“Luxury with stunning views”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly staff. One thing I can tell you is the hotel is upgrading beds. I know because they were dragging them up to the 14th floor where I was. It was a bit noisy during the day, but wasn't annoying. So the good news is, if you're staying here, you can "rest" assured you'll have a nice new bed!

Ate outside. Food was fine, but a bit pricey for me (I'm cheap).

You can't beat the view here of the marina. And if you're staying on a higher floor, it's very impressive.

Room Tip: If you want a great view, the 14th floor suites are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CoreyMorrison

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked our one-bedroom unit before the Westin takeover & arrived on the 3rd day of Westin. Our check-in process was a little slow because of the changeover in computer systems. The staff was friendly and apologetic. It seems like if you don't use a bellhop, you're lugging your stuff without the use of a cart - so we used a bellhop. The room far exceeded our expectations - very clean, very spacious, very soundproof. The kitchen was fabulous! Granite countertops, full size stainless steel appliances - more luxury than home! The bed was extremely comfortable, but the pillows not so much (very, very wimpy/soft). The decor was beautiful & the grounds are very well maintained. The television gets about 20 channels, extremely poor viewing options (Here is an area of opportunity, Westin!). We were surprised at the limited channel options and the seemingly less than basic service. Free Wi-Fi in the room, however the morning of our second day, we were unable to log-on and had no phone service (apparently the internet & phone are provided by the same carrier) for approximately 2 hours. We, too, noticed there were no menus or any information on the area in the room. We ate at the Nauti-Mermaid (bar area restaurant), and I felt the service was quite slow and our burgers & fries were cold. Overall, the stay was quite nice, the staff was friendly (especially the bellhops & valets); very glad I booked before the change to Westin because I checked rates today for a future visit and realized our stay was about half that of the new Westin rates.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked this place because of the fantastic service and comfort from my last trip only 4 weeks ago in mid December. Unfortunately, I arrived this time on December 13, the first day of the Westin takeover and it has been one Fawlty Towers episode after another from the lengthy check-in filled with countless apologies. It was 7:30 pm and at one point they were asking me to email them my confirmation to an address that didn't work. So management decided to upgrade me to a one bedroom suite which on first glance I thought would be spectacular.

Fawlty Towers #2 - Room preparation
The suite has no desk, no glasses in the bathroom, no room service menu or book with guest services, lights are dark, no paper in the morning, a broken alarm clock, buttons for service on phones don't work, no slippers with robes for a beautiful new bathroom with slick and slippery tiles.

WORST: no one cleaned the room.

Fawlty Towers #3 - Communication
I tried to order room service and after 3 calls someone sent up a xerox copy of their new Westin superfoods menu. When I ordered market fresh fruit instead of the listed bowl of berries, I received the berries and was told that was the market fresh fruit. I protested I can't eat seeded fruit. This Florida. Surely you have a banana, orange or a melon. 10 minutes later I received a call " Is this Susan? (My instant thought was something horrible has happened) the next sentence was "all our fruit has seeds."

Where's the good news?
This is a fabulous place, or was. It really needs a shake down cruise to get it right.
Shame on you, Westin. You didn't fail to get your name on everything including the shower heads, but you missed the boat on what a truly fine serviced resort is all about: a stress-free home away from home. I am glad you kept the staff . They are wonderful, especially in the bar area. I met wonderful locals and the bar food along with bartenders made me feel comfortable. And, I rarely go to a bar by myself. The chef is working up some interesting things....best of all the sushi.

My recommendation.
Give it some time for them to get it right. But don't pay top dollar to stay here now. Offer to stay for free to help them get it right. These are tough times for the hospitality industry and big brands can't get away with this many goof ups in one location...especially with someone who travels a lot for business and pleasure all over the world.

Come on, Westin, you can do better than this. You've got a great staff of people here. Show some support.

Room Tip: Wait till they get through the transition before booking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SusanjaneS
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been staying here off and on since it has opened. I have some great memories here with my family especially around the firepit. I plan on returning here for every vacation since it is or was a hidden gem. I am not so sure that would be able to return because of new owners who inturn have raised the prices probably to what they should have been along. Way out of my league- more then double what i have paid but like i said nothing good lasts forever but it was really great while it lasted. The employees at this hotel treat you like family and they are all sincere. Easily the best place i have ever stayed. Thanks for the memories and hope to see you again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with the outside balcony over the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jim n
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the off-season value prior to the holidays and spent 4 nights there recently. The staff of this hotel couldn't have been more friendly and helpful if they tried. Everyone says "hello" and "hope you're enjoying your stay" whenever they pass by.

The outside bar is the venue of "Howard" the bartender who is quite a character. The scenery from either side of the hotel (up the river or down the river to the Gulf) is spectacular and is to be enjoyed on your screened in balcony right outside your room.

I suspect that the rates will change at the end of this month (December 2012) but it would still be worth the trip.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle boat to Ft. Myers Beach if you can.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John K
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed at this Resort after our Transatlantic cruise.
What a super place. We had a 3 Bed end Suite on the 14th Floor.
Just wonderful. The suites are very well laid out, well furnished and spotless.

The staff are wonderful too, nothing is or was to much trouble.

Negative: they are a bit away from Cape Coral, Ft Myers and Naples.

Would I stay there again YOU BET!!!!

Room Tip: Try and get an end Suite you have views in 2 directions
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A very clean, very quiet resort property situated so far off the beaten path that a rental car is a must. Rooms are very nice and the view from the seventeenth floor was spectacular. Front desk staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The pool area is rather average for a property without a beachfront. The Nauti Mermaid bar is a friendly gathering place for guests and Christine, our favorite bartender, keeps both the drinks and the conversation flowing. The restaurant, particularly for a place with nowhere to eat nearby, (or perhaps because of this), is not what I had expected in such a resort. We ate breakfast there four times during our stay. With only four or five tables occupied by guests one might think that a waitress or waiter would be at your table rather quickly but this was not always the case. There would be people setting up tables with flatware and glasses while guests waited for a morning coffee. It would be interesting to eat here at a time when dozens of tables were full rather than empty just to see how bad the service really could be. (I would be sure to enjoy breakfast at Dennys' first.) I had a delicious, piping hot omlette every morning accompanied by potatoes, toast, and a side of sausage or bacon all of which were served at room temperature on a good day. The pizza was surprisingly good although the lunch and dinner menus in general were limited and overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 6 in Cape Coral
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 20 in Sanibel Island

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!