“Fantastic find!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Florida
“Fantastic find!!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

What a fantastic find this was! We wanted to take a family trip but not travel too far away. Honestly I can't remember how we found The Resort but I can honestly say it was one of the best hotel/resort experiences we've had.
99% of the reason was the staff. I generally am not one to like people looking after me. I don't use concierge services much and prefer to take my own bags up but really, the staff there was so nice and so accommodating I was happy to take advantage of their hospitality.
The resort itself was brand new and everything was clean and modern. The pool area was great and the grounds were fantastic. Our room had a view of the conservation area (not the water) and we LOVED it. There was a screened in patio we could sit on and it was so serene.
The highlight of the trip for us was getting to go on the dolphin viewing trip that was INCLUDED with the resort fee. Actually they said there was not a boat going the day we wanted to go out and offered to refund our entire resort fees... but in the end, they actually chartered a boat for those of us who wanted to go out. Amazing.
The only slight draw-back was the lack of eating options. The restaurants were first-come-first-served and it was hard to get a table. That seemed to be a bad thing but we ended up just driving to some great local restaurants suggested by the staff and had some awesome food.
On our last day we took out the bikes they allow you to use and toured the nature trails, other pool area and played some tennis.
I can't say enough about this resort and it's staff. We will certainly be returning very soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank weddingsbyrobert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2011

First off, I have 65 hotel stays this year.. This was my #2 property of the year
Imagine sitting on the balcony on a cool (60 degree) morning, in a comfortable chair with a steamy cup of coffee as the sun rises over the river marsh of Cape Coral, FL. This from a hotel resort that truly made me feel relaxed and invited.
As you arrive at the property, I'm not sure you'll know just yet what your in for, but enter the lobby and you'll soon get a glimps. The beautiful lobby center piece will bring a smile, but the warmth of the greeting will let you know they are really glad your there. Hear about the spa, the restaurants, the pool area and even the watertaxi service to Fort Myers Beach (Free on Friday and Saturday).
I stayed in a 1 bedroom unit that over looked the river. Enter the room and beyond the granite counter top kitchen (with Full size stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee pot, toasted and BLENDER), beyond the dinning room table set for 8, beyond the living room is the much needed balcony. Walk out to find a table and 4 chairs and a view. The bedroom offers another entry on to the very private balcony along with a walk in closet, vanity and a bathroom that includes a large walk in shower, private toliet area and extremely nice ammenities.
While I didn't have a chance to have dinner in the hotel, I did stop at the outdoor bar for a night cap and a little reflection as I gazed over the marina and thought of sailing out on any of the boats mored in the harbor.
There is also a few shops including one that offered sandwiches, a few breakfast choices, bottles of wine and a few convienience items.
If your looking for a place to relax a bit away from the crowded beach, yet with easy access. A place to really relax and enjoy time away. A place for a business traveler looking for a change of pace, a couple wanting a romantic get away, a family wanting to play.... know matter what, I'm sure you'll find it here.

Room Tip: you can't go wrong
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We spend a weekend here for our anniversary & were amazed at how beautifully detailed & chic this place was. Secluded almost on an island of its own. No complaints whatsoever because the staff was encridebly professional & welcoming. We also took advantage of the complimentary bikes which were so much fun. We would so come back this time w/ lots more people to celebrate. Would recommend to anyone who wants to escape the busyness of Miami.

• Stayed November 2011
CT
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed at this property from Oct 27 to Oct 31, 2010. It is a beautiful property only a few years old. I had booked it on line using frequent flyer miles. I did not realize the studio I booked only came with 2 beds and once there could not upgrade using miles. The cost would have been an additional $30 a night for a king bed. However the front desk was kind enough to lower the cost to $20 a night and not only did we get a king bed, but a suite with a full kitchen, dining room and living room with 2 balconies. My husband lost his wallet the first night there, the next day it was returned to us with everything intact. The food in there restaurant is excellent. There is an outdoor bar with dinning and a large fire pit with chairs around it for lounging. They have a fantastic brunch on Sundays as well. I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newjersey
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were blown away by the resort, restaurant, and staff

We would highly recommend this fine resort hotel to our friends and family.

From the entrance we were greeted by friendly and accomidating staff who were more than willing to go above and beyond.

If i could say one thing negativly was the 4 channels on the telivision I know what your thinking but when your in your room late at night I need more than 4 channels.

But.....to compensate for the lack of channels the resort was offering free premium movie selection once a day. Thanks a bunch Marina Village

Room Tip: Higher the better great views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oneweekwonder
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The good news and the bad news - The good news is the rooms are the best by far of any hotel that I have stayed at this year - and I have spent over 200 days this year in over 35 hotels - so yes I do know the difference -

The bad news
1. No wireless internet - unacceptable for any hotel
2. TV got 3 channels - unacceptable for any hotel
3. My wife tried to check in early and they said they could not check her in until 3 pm - never had this happen yet this year - obviously they were not sold out
4. The restaurant downstairs was so ridiculously slow that the waitress took our order 3 times - and it took forever for the meal and forever for the bill - My recommendation is to go outside at bar and forget the restaurant

PS - Mr Manager my number is [...] - google me - 'tim [...]'

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DrtimothyCarroll
Goonhavern, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2011

After staying for a week at the slightly lacklustre Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa in Orlando (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g34515-d596339-Reviews-Lake_Buena_Vista_Resort_Village_Spa-Orlando_Florida.html) this place was a breath of fresh air. Wonderful service (took half an hour to check in as the lady was being so helpful) an enormous room and an immaculate hotel.
Of particular note was the fact that the pool was lovely and warm. I know it's Florida, but this was November and, although not exactly cold, a warm pool was important. By contrast the pool at the Lake Buena Vista (above) was freezing!
The food at the restaurant was very good indeed - I can recommend the jumbo shrimp in particular. Food were tolerably priced (considering it's a 5 star hotel); $80 - $100 for 2 adult and a child including drinks, although there are a gazillion restaurants less than 10 minutes drive away.
Saw dolphins in the bay on most days, sometimes coming to within a few metres of the shore.
Make sure to take the free shuttle boat to Fort Meyers. Takes about 1 hour each way & should be done just for the trip itself. Likely to have dolphins close to the boat. Our skipper let our 11-year-old drive the boat back for most of the return journey!
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for the best view & to create a little distance between the room and the poo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,185 reviews
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!