“groupon to luxury”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had an absolutely wonderful experience at this spectacular property. We loved our stay and will return! Staff is very professional and accomodating. Units are immaculate and huge. We couldn't have been happier.. had problem with cable out.. no problem; order a movie and we will waive the rental charge. Only fly was that they have not sorted out wireless in the units yet, but access in the lobby and pool area was excellent. Pool area wonderful, marina very nice, workout room huge, and a great place to unwind.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at the resort in late October in a 2 bedroom room. Gor a great Groupon deal for $244 for 2 nights. The room was huge. It is more like a condo with full kitchen and 2 full baths. The room has a nice patio and 3 flat screen TVs. We brought a boat and did some boating in the area which we enjoyed as well.

We ate at the restaurant (Marker 92) was night. The food was good. I got the scallops which I enjoyed. The bar has flatbread pizzas which are supposed to be very good for $5 at various times of the day.

One minor detail is that I didn't like the pillows on the beds. I like feather pillow and the hotel's pillows were thick foam pillows that I did not find comfortable.

Room Tip: There are about 16 stories. Choose a high floor for a good view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DiverM
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I just returned from a 3 night stay in a one bedroom suite at the Resort at Marina Village in Cape Coral, Florida. The room was great, it was a condo style one bedroom with full kitchen and living room. I booked this room on Jetsetter.com in a flash sale for only $130/night. What a deal! Everything in the room was brand new, the kitchen had granite counters and stainless appliances. There was a large balcony overlooking an estuary and the views from the 12th floor were expansive!

The resort itself is kind of off the beaten path in a planned community that looked like it had been affected by the recent recession and real estate downturn in southwest florida. On the website, the resort talks about shops and restaurants onsite, which they do have, but honestly it isn't much to see. The restaurant was pretty good, but it was a little on the pricey side. My fiance, my sister in law, my two year old nephew and myself had dinner at Marker 92 one night during our stay and the bill was about $130, which i consider to be a little high, but I didn't mind paying because of the convenience of eating on site quickly and easily.

As for service, I would say it was mediocre. The staff was friendly and courteous, but no one really went above and beyond to exceed my expectations. But again, I can't complain because the value of the resort experience was definitely extremely affordable.

Would I come back? Definitely, if I could get the same deal on the same style room.

If you are looking for a really relaxing destination where there isn't much to do (which sometimes is a good thing) then this would be a great choice!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the suite with the living room and kitchen. It was well worth it and made t...
2  Thank DJAntonio
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was not involved in the booking of this hotel. So i had no expectations. but OMG. This resort is awesome. From the valet, check in, to the staff, was a great experience. The room we had was a two room suite. We had a great time and a beautiful view of the river. Rooms come stocked with all the essentials. Pots, pans, plates and cups.
Restuarants are down stairs and well as some shops. One suggestion, because you can cook yourself, bring somethings to make for dinner or breakfast. We only stayed two days, but didn't want to leave.
Sanibel island is about 45 minutes away.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the better view(we were on the 11 floor).
2  Thank cassandra s
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Casandra s,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Resort at MarinaVillage. Being from the same area as you, I understand the importance of just getting away for a weekend, even if it is just 2.5 hours away!

We hope to see you again real soon!

The Resort at MarinaVillage Management Team

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I just spent the weekend at the Resort at marina Village with my family who came in from all over the country. I live in southwest Florida and many of my friends told me of how wonderful Marina Village is, so instead of staying in Naples or Fort Myers we ventured up to Cape Coral. When we arrived we checked into a very nice one bedroom suite. The room was very clean and modern in decor. After settling in, we tried to get online on our laptops/ ipads and could not get a wireless signal. We called the front desk as in the resort book it stated free wireless internet. The front desk agent informed us that we have to put a $150 deposit on a wireless router and have to pick it up at the front desk. Annoying. The following day, we went to the Nauti Mermaid for lunch. The server, Tracie, spilled some of our drinks all over the table and did not bring us napkins to clean it up. My sister had to find napkins, silverware, and condiments for our meal. After we placed our order our drink cups were empty for quite some time and she was nowhere to be found to order more drinks. When the food came out, my entree was missing. The food runner asked me if I had ordered anything for lunch and I told him what I ordered. About 15 mintues later our server came to the table and told me that my pastrami sandwich would be out shortly. She never asked how the other entree''s were prepared. Finally my sandwich came out and she said that the sandwich was on her. Thanks. She again never came back to check on us until she brought the check over. For 4 of us to have a couple salads, sandwiches, and drinks --$85. A manager never came over to appologize and make sure that we were satisfied. The next day, we went down to the terrace for mimosa's and bloody mary's. The server at Marker 92 told us to wait a few minutes as the Nauti Mermaid bar would be opening shortly....instead of taking our order and accomodating us, we had to wait for the Nauti Mermaid to open. The bartender (whose name I didn't get---but he was wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey --- as it was football Sunday!!) was very attentive and accomodating. He was very funny and we enjoyed our time with him. Later the day, I wanted to do some laundry as there are washer and dryers in unit. No laundry detergent though. I called the front desk and asked if they had any Tide. The woman told me that yes they had some for sale for $1.19 in the gift shop. Ok, no problem. Went to the gift shop and got some Tide (sticker price $1.00+tax....charged $1.26...you do the math.) I also asked the woman at the front desk for a Sunday paper as that is part of their 4 diamond service. I was told that they only deliver papers Monday thru Saturday. Ok. I also asked her for some creamer as housekeeping did not replenish it when our room was serviced the day before. The front desk agent told me that she had some but needed it for the front desk staff. She would send someone up to the room shortly with it. Dumbfounded!! I will say though, Paul who is at the front desk was awesome!!! He was very knowledgable of the property and surrounding areas. He was very polite and gave top notch service. Also, the bellmen were all great. They always had a smile on their faces and they were very welcoming. Marina Village needs to work on customer as only half of the staff gave exceptional service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Naples987

Dear Naples987,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Resort at MarinaVillage. While we enjoy reading positive reviews, we also appreciate hearing about ways that we can improve our guests experiences as we take our guest service very seriously.

I apologize that while it seems some aspects of your trip were positive, that there were several negative experiences at the resort and our dining establishments. It is our goal to not just meet, but to exceed our guests expectations and to know that this was not accomplished, we are terribly sorry.

I would welcome the chance to discuss with you further the incidences that occurred during your stay. Please feel free to contact me, Kyle Johnson, General Manager at MarinaVillage by calling 239-394-3101 or email me at kylej@sunstream.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kyle Johnson
The Resort at MarinaVillage

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had the most amazing time spending our 1yr wedding anniversary there!!!! We would with out a doubt recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for amazingly beautiful accommodations all around. The staff at the resort was so friendly and helpful, we never got anything but top notch service!!!
We really had no plans to do anything before we arrived...but just to relax!!!! We spent a lot of time at the pool...which was beautiful! We did venture out to Sanibel Island and Fort Myers beaches..which are both about a 30 min drive from the hotel (seems faster than that..but definitely worth the visit to each town) We really enjoyed spending most of our evenings sitting outside by the Nauti Mermaid Bar listening to live music...such a great atmosphere. They have an amazing Happy Hour nightly with such awesome Wood Fired Pizza's!!! We have never written a hotel review...but we both decided that we had to share what an unbelievable time we had at The Resort at Marina Village!!! Hope to visit sooner than later....

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor with amazing views!!
1  Thank Rebekah W
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Rebekah W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very first review of our beautiful resort! We feel honored! Sounds like you had an amazing time and we are happy to have fulfilled both your vacation expectations as well as our service goals to all guests!

Looking forward to seeing you again... hopefully for your 2nd Anniversary!

Management Team at The Resort at MarinaVillage

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Rooms spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and very accommodating. This was especially relevant when I left some valuables in my room after check out. I called the hotel and the staff immediately checked the room for me, collected the items, called me and put items under lock and key. The next day they fed-ex’d them to me. Had a wonderful time here.
Only thing keeping it from excellent, is it needs an indoor nightclub due to restrictions on outside noise level after 10pm.
Will be back again.
Special thanks to AnneMarie and Kyle!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank keepsmilingmm

Dear keepsmilingmm,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to The Resort at MarinaVillage. We are very pleased to hear that you had an exceptional visit and that you'll be back again!

Looking forward to your next visit!

The Management Team at The Resort at MarinaVillage

Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!