“wow! wow! wow!”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was not involved in the booking of this hotel. So i had no expectations. but OMG. This resort is awesome. From the valet, check in, to the staff, was a great experience. The room we had was a two room suite. We had a great time and a beautiful view of the river. Rooms come stocked with all the essentials. Pots, pans, plates and cups.
Restuarants are down stairs and well as some shops. One suggestion, because you can cook yourself, bring somethings to make for dinner or breakfast. We only stayed two days, but didn't want to leave.
Sanibel island is about 45 minutes away.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the better view(we were on the 11 floor).
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cassandra s
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Casandra s,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Resort at MarinaVillage. Being from the same area as you, I understand the importance of just getting away for a weekend, even if it is just 2.5 hours away!

We hope to see you again real soon!

The Resort at MarinaVillage Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I just spent the weekend at the Resort at marina Village with my family who came in from all over the country. I live in southwest Florida and many of my friends told me of how wonderful Marina Village is, so instead of staying in Naples or Fort Myers we ventured up to Cape Coral. When we arrived we checked into a very nice one bedroom suite. The room was very clean and modern in decor. After settling in, we tried to get online on our laptops/ ipads and could not get a wireless signal. We called the front desk as in the resort book it stated free wireless internet. The front desk agent informed us that we have to put a $150 deposit on a wireless router and have to pick it up at the front desk. Annoying. The following day, we went to the Nauti Mermaid for lunch. The server, Tracie, spilled some of our drinks all over the table and did not bring us napkins to clean it up. My sister had to find napkins, silverware, and condiments for our meal. After we placed our order our drink cups were empty for quite some time and she was nowhere to be found to order more drinks. When the food came out, my entree was missing. The food runner asked me if I had ordered anything for lunch and I told him what I ordered. About 15 mintues later our server came to the table and told me that my pastrami sandwich would be out shortly. She never asked how the other entree''s were prepared. Finally my sandwich came out and she said that the sandwich was on her. Thanks. She again never came back to check on us until she brought the check over. For 4 of us to have a couple salads, sandwiches, and drinks --$85. A manager never came over to appologize and make sure that we were satisfied. The next day, we went down to the terrace for mimosa's and bloody mary's. The server at Marker 92 told us to wait a few minutes as the Nauti Mermaid bar would be opening shortly....instead of taking our order and accomodating us, we had to wait for the Nauti Mermaid to open. The bartender (whose name I didn't get---but he was wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey --- as it was football Sunday!!) was very attentive and accomodating. He was very funny and we enjoyed our time with him. Later the day, I wanted to do some laundry as there are washer and dryers in unit. No laundry detergent though. I called the front desk and asked if they had any Tide. The woman told me that yes they had some for sale for $1.19 in the gift shop. Ok, no problem. Went to the gift shop and got some Tide (sticker price $1.00+tax....charged $1.26...you do the math.) I also asked the woman at the front desk for a Sunday paper as that is part of their 4 diamond service. I was told that they only deliver papers Monday thru Saturday. Ok. I also asked her for some creamer as housekeeping did not replenish it when our room was serviced the day before. The front desk agent told me that she had some but needed it for the front desk staff. She would send someone up to the room shortly with it. Dumbfounded!! I will say though, Paul who is at the front desk was awesome!!! He was very knowledgable of the property and surrounding areas. He was very polite and gave top notch service. Also, the bellmen were all great. They always had a smile on their faces and they were very welcoming. Marina Village needs to work on customer as only half of the staff gave exceptional service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Naples987

Dear Naples987,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Resort at MarinaVillage. While we enjoy reading positive reviews, we also appreciate hearing about ways that we can improve our guests experiences as we take our guest service very seriously.

I apologize that while it seems some aspects of your trip were positive, that there were several negative experiences at the resort and our dining establishments. It is our goal to not just meet, but to exceed our guests expectations and to know that this was not accomplished, we are terribly sorry.

I would welcome the chance to discuss with you further the incidences that occurred during your stay. Please feel free to contact me, Kyle Johnson, General Manager at MarinaVillage by calling 239-394-3101 or email me at kylej@sunstream.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kyle Johnson
The Resort at MarinaVillage

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had the most amazing time spending our 1yr wedding anniversary there!!!! We would with out a doubt recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for amazingly beautiful accommodations all around. The staff at the resort was so friendly and helpful, we never got anything but top notch service!!!
We really had no plans to do anything before we arrived...but just to relax!!!! We spent a lot of time at the pool...which was beautiful! We did venture out to Sanibel Island and Fort Myers beaches..which are both about a 30 min drive from the hotel (seems faster than that..but definitely worth the visit to each town) We really enjoyed spending most of our evenings sitting outside by the Nauti Mermaid Bar listening to live music...such a great atmosphere. They have an amazing Happy Hour nightly with such awesome Wood Fired Pizza's!!! We have never written a hotel review...but we both decided that we had to share what an unbelievable time we had at The Resort at Marina Village!!! Hope to visit sooner than later....

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor with amazing views!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebekah W
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Rebekah W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very first review of our beautiful resort! We feel honored! Sounds like you had an amazing time and we are happy to have fulfilled both your vacation expectations as well as our service goals to all guests!

Looking forward to seeing you again... hopefully for your 2nd Anniversary!

Management Team at The Resort at MarinaVillage

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Rooms spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and very accommodating. This was especially relevant when I left some valuables in my room after check out. I called the hotel and the staff immediately checked the room for me, collected the items, called me and put items under lock and key. The next day they fed-ex’d them to me. Had a wonderful time here.
Only thing keeping it from excellent, is it needs an indoor nightclub due to restrictions on outside noise level after 10pm.
Will be back again.
Special thanks to AnneMarie and Kyle!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank keepsmilingmm

Dear keepsmilingmm,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to The Resort at MarinaVillage. We are very pleased to hear that you had an exceptional visit and that you'll be back again!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. Our room was perfect the view was amazing and we are absolutly in love with this resort and plan on making this our anniversary resort. The only reason we gave a rating of very good and not excellent was due to the evening staff that was beyond rude, we arrived to the resort after our wedding at 12:30 am we called down to find a vending machine or if they had any late night options as we never had the chance to eat at our wedding. We were advised to travel up and down the elevators to all the even floors to find the vending machines. We did so and then found in the lobby that there were candy bars and cereal there when we stated we preferred to pay cash and not have the charges put on our room the attitude that we received and the eye rolling was quit unnecessary. All other staff members were wonderful and congratulated us on our wedding. One bad apple in this instance didn't spoil the crop. :0) Have a blessed day fellow travelors.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoffeeMom33914

Hello CoffeeMom33914,

First and foremost, congratulations!!!! We are so happy you chose to spend your wedding night with us at MarinaVillage... it really is a beautiful place! I do apologize for the wild goose chase you were sent on to get snacks as I am sure you were starving after such a long and exciting day.

We hope to see you again soon when you and your husband are looking for a little getaway... or maybe for your 1st Anniversary!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

WOW... I rarely if at all write reviews, because I am a hard critic and it takes a lot for me to spend my time writing something trivial. However, this resort is the best kept secret....tucked away in cape coral, it is a masterpiece. FOOD is great (EXCELLENT SUNDAY BRUNCH) service is awesome, staff is great, rooms 1 bdrm is perfect, two bedroom is stunning, 3 bdrm is just rediculously amazing. Probably the best trip i've been on in years. My wife and I just came this time, but now this will be a family trip every year......

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rallenMi

Dear rallenMi,

WOW, right back at ya! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us last month. We are thrilled to hear that you loved it so much you will be coming back with your family... every year!

See you soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Florida's real estate bust can be your boom when you stay here.
You can opt for a normal room, but don't do it. I opted for the 1 bedroom suite which is really like an apartment. There is a full kitchen, dining & living area with an expansive balcony.Then you enter
your large king bedroom with large closet/dressing area. Next you enter a large bath with washer/dryer combo. All this can be yours or you can share if you like. Also available are 2 & 3 bedroom suites that are even larger. Your view will depend on what size suite you choose. One is an inland water view & the other is a bay/yacht harbor view. The property has restaurants, shops , exercise facility & pool area. A car is a necessity to venture to other restaurants, shopping & attractions. I found a great rate through Travel Zoo, but the property itself was also offering attractive rates at the time.

Room Tip: only the large suites have the bay view
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!