“Fun local waterpark” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Splash Family Waterpark

Sun Splash Family Waterpark
Ranked #10 of 50 things to do in Cape Coral
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you prefer to ride heart-pounding water slides or simply soak up some rays, this water park is a perfect family destination.
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun local waterpark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Took my son and his friend for the morning. It's a little expensive for the size of it but the kids loved it. Some of the areas looked a little run down but the newer slides were great. There was a lot of staff around and they were very attentive to the kids. Good local fun.

Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Place For Family Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

During your stay in Cape Coral, every family should make a stop at Sun Splash. It is one of the coolest places to go in the summer. I would say it is just as good as Wet n' Wild, without the long drive to Oralndo, and not the high price to get in. Kids of all ages will have fun here on a hot summer day!

Visited June 2013
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Day of Rest, Sun, Water, and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our families have NEVER been disappointed going to SunSplash Waterpark for as long as it's been open. We've lived here over 30 years and truly enjoy taking the kids, grandkids, and now great grandkids there at least once a year for the whole day. There's something for EVERYONE! Bring your flip-flops, beachtowel, sunscreen, and camera for those candid shots you'll relish in time and time again. Sure NEVER had one of the kids say they were "bored" as they do with so many things nowadays. There's plenty to eat too - or bring a picnic lunch. Keep hydrated in this heat and remember the afternoon summer showers to juggle around. Go! Have a blast!

Venice, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Decent for a little waterpark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Been here twoce and both times were enjoyable. Park is clean and easy to navigate. Fun for all ages. Gate price was super reasonable last trip. I would reccomend for a short afternoon cool down if you live locally. Its not big and exciting enough to drive many hours to visit

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DarkLotus
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun yet Small Waterpark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to this waterpark while on a vacation to Cape Coral. It was great for the family, and we all really enjoyed it despite it being small. I agree that it is not like the Disney waterparks, but I think that for a small waterpark, it's incredibly enjoyable. I can see why some other reviewers may have only spent two or three hours there, yet if you go slowly and do rides multiple times, then you can easily stay for longer (we stayed for about five hours). There was something there for children of all ages (from small waterslides and a lazy river to some moderately tall free fall waterslides).It was also not busy (especially if you get there when the park opens at 10 which I'd recommend doing). In addition, it is very safe as there are many lifeguards situated at various points, so I felt as if that was a big positive for me. As other reviewers have said, it is fairly expensive (around $55 admission for three of us (two adults and one child), plus $5 of parking and $8 for a locker); however, I don't think that the price is too bad considering at big theme parks/waterparks, the price is often double that or more than double, so while it's expensive, it was definitely worth the cost. I have a few suggestions for improvement. Firstly, as other reviewers have said, the ground is uncomfortably hot when walking and can really hurt your feet; however, I'm not sure that there's that much that could be done about it. Secondly, the lockers are incredibly small; if you have a decent amount of stuff, you'll need a large locker. We had a large locker and had to cram in what we bought which mainly consisted of a few pairs of shoes and a few towels. Thirdly, they also don't let you bring food into the park, and they check bags for food upon entering, so don't try and bring food in as they won't let you. I can't comment on the food as we ended up eating after we'd left the park; however, we did have ice cream which was good and reasonably priced. Overall, despite these few minor inconveniences all of us had a wonderful time and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone else as a nice way to spend at least a good few hours if not longer.

2 Thank Jack L