“Mom likes Mambo's”
Review of El Mambo

El Mambo
Ranked #93 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a great place for consistent food and service. I love their Cuban coffee and croissant sandwiches. I have only been there often for breakfasts. We also love the croquettes and plantains. The service is efficient and the place is clean. Ole!

1  Thank Ron F
There are newer reviews for El Mambo

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Large portions for great price - what's not to like ?

1  Thank MikeZmiami
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I used to love eating here. We always got ok service, the food was good, but the last few time its was just ucky.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had read the various reviews before our month's vacation in Cape Coral. We enjoy local family owned restaurants so I thought this was a good pick. I ordered the red snapper and it was so over cooked, that I had to look for moist meat to eat. The black beans and rice was enjoyable. The waitress suggested steak to my husband since it was their special that day. The waitress asked what level of doneness he would like, the steak came out way overdone and was tough.
I am sure that they have dishes which might be better but on a whole it was a disappointing evening. We ordered empanades as an appetitizer and they were satisfactory.

1  Thank traveler55g
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This was our first visit to El Mambo III at 103 N. Del Prado Blvd, 33909. There were only five choices for breakfast, but the most expensive choice was only $3.95. We ordered the special: 3 eggs, bacon, toast, coffee. The bacon came in a large chunk, rather than strips. (I'm not sure how they did that). The bacon was of a poor quality, very chewy and fibrous. The eggs were not cooked as I ordered. The coffee was very strong. The creamer was in individual containers, and when placed into the coffee, parts of the liquid floated on top, rather than blend into the coffee. (I'm not sure if it was possibly old?)
Anyway, the breakfast was certainly cheap ($3.50 each), but I won't go back.