“HEALTH DEPT”

Dining options: Buffet
Ocala
“HEALTH DEPT”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to the restroom to wash my hands saw the server going into a stall & then heard her having a bowel movement came out of the stall and rinsed her hands with water. I asked her if she was going to use soap and she said no it's ok and walked out. I confronted the manager twice and she did absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, my filt and I had finished eating when I had to the bathroom. WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN AND I M CALLING THE HEALTH DEPT.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank venezuela209

Cape Coral, Florida
“Ok for a buffet...”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I enjoy Chinese food when I'm in the mood.. Some background: I don't care for pf changs, I love Chinese takeout but I like when it's fresh and tasteful. My boyfriend and I (we're in our 20s) went for lunch one day. He loves Chinese buffets because he can't variety but I would rather spend $50 and get a variety of Chinese takeout! We tried the buffet next to la fitness and we're not impressed.. And I was not impressed at this place either. My boyfriend will probably be back, but if you're kind of picky I wouldn't waste your time or money. Try Hua's Garden (I think) on Hancock for takeout instead.. Pricy too (I would have rather had McD)

Cape Coral, Florida
“Excellent chinese buffet”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I love chinese food and when visiting a new town I often look for a chinese buffet for a quick fix.

I look for two things to evaluate whether I return. The first is whether the dumplings are stuffed with fresh meet or they use their leftovers. The second is whether the lo mein in the buffet has gone soft from sitting too long. Empire passed both tests.

They have a large variety of food including a peanut butter dish that was unique and excellent. They also have an area to ge your fresh noodles and raw meat and veggies cooked fro you!

On the downside one side of one of the buffets seemed to be cooler than ideal.

2 Thank jon j
“Dont go. There must be a better buffet in the cape.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The food, all of it was cold. So I question the safety. The server was nice and the bathroom was dated but clean. The bottom line for me is the food and that's why I will never go back.

1 Thank stasoula
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent all you can eat chinese buffet”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

While spending a week in Fort Myers, I had an opportunity to spend one day on Cape Coral and I was excited to find this Chinese buffet. There were a wide variety of food options and my service was very good with refills as well as removing my plate when I was finished. I discovered a version of shrimp I have never tried called peanut butter shrimp and although the name doesn't sound like a great combination, I tried it and was very happy with the taste. The first bite you get a sweet taste, then the shrimp comes through and finally you get a little flavor of the peanut butter. First time through the buffet, I missed the crab rangoon and I went back later thinking I just passed it up. This time I found them, but they were not the traditional four corner shape, just folded over like a triangle. I thought this a little unusual but they tasted good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for something different in Cape Coral.

• Visited November 2013