“Dont go. There must be a better buffet in the cape.”
Review of Empire Buffet - CLOSED

Empire Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The food, all of it was cold. So I question the safety. The server was nice and the bathroom was dated but clean. The bottom line for me is the food and that's why I will never go back.

1  Thank stasoula

Reviewed November 12, 2013

While spending a week in Fort Myers, I had an opportunity to spend one day on Cape Coral and I was excited to find this Chinese buffet. There were a wide variety of food options and my service was very good with refills as well as removing my plate when I was finished. I discovered a version of shrimp I have never tried called peanut butter shrimp and although the name doesn't sound like a great combination, I tried it and was very happy with the taste. The first bite you get a sweet taste, then the shrimp comes through and finally you get a little flavor of the peanut butter. First time through the buffet, I missed the crab rangoon and I went back later thinking I just passed it up. This time I found them, but they were not the traditional four corner shape, just folded over like a triangle. I thought this a little unusual but they tasted good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for something different in Cape Coral.

2  Thank cfcstl
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I eat at Chinese buffets quite a bit. This one falls squarely in the middle of the pack meaning it was a decent meal and nice surroundings but doesn't really shine in any area.
The dining room was nicely decorated and the tables and chairs seems sturdy and in good shape. The food stations were clean and kept stocked with food (we ate lunch here). I was disappointed that they didn't have any potstickers/dumplings, but what they did have tasted pretty good. I tried the won ton soup, chicken with broccoli, mongolian pork, pepper steak, egg rolls. Lunch was 6.99 which I thought was a good price. I would recommend this restaurant for a economical lunch with a decent selection of food.

1  Thank BigDave1326
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a good choice for a wide variety of Chinese food. Many hot and cold choices, sushi and the Mongolian Wok. Several meat choices, veggies and sauces to have your wok cooked meal prepared as you watch. Service is very good with plates cleared quickly as you finish with them. Lower prices on early week days.

1  Thank MikeCapeCoral
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I give it a very good rating. the only two complaints I have, is first they don't have fried dumplings, and second the drawn butter is not real butter for your crab legs. I've tried most buffets for 25 to 30 mil north and south of Fort Myers, and Empire buffet is the best. some of their items are standard fare, egg rolls spring rolls, wonton so, 1 restaurant pretty much taste like another restaurant for pre frozen fried food. where Empire buffet excels is it and its other dishes. the spare ribs, chicken on a stick stuffed mushrooms. general tsao chicken, various chicken dishes,( oddly enough Italian chicken one of the best), and a very good fried shrimp. the crab legs are very good, and the waitress brought nut crackers without being asked. service throughout the meal was excellent. I'm looking forward to my next trip to try their Mongolian wok. all the food was very fresh.
in taste the food is a step above a wall of those buffets I've been to. it seems the person responsible for the food is a chef not merely a cook. the food is seasoned, and cooked properly. all the chicken dishes were fresh and juicy. obviously the owners care about their restaurant I'm looking forward to my next visit, as I got full before I got to try everything I wanted to

2  Thank bomax11