“Stay away from this place!”

Royal Mansions Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stay away from this place!”
Reviewed December 31, 2005

We have been customers at The Royal Mansions Resort in Cape Canaveral for the past eight years and have seen a downward spiral in both services and the condition within the resort. During our most resent stays we have had bugs in our bathrooms and kitchen; a fire on our stove top due to poor wiring according to the fire department; broken and cracked tiles in the both the shower stall and bathroom flooring that caused an infection and removal of a toe nail; rusty kitchen appliances i.e. refrigerator, oven and dishwasher; water stains and holes in ceilings and walls; black mold around windows due to long term leaking; we've had to wash walls and bedspreads upon arrival;in March 2005 almost all lounge chairs at the pool were broken and our son was admitted to hospital because of a skin rash due to dirty water in the resorts hot tub. Have I said enough? Read the review from ---- we totally agree with this honest review and couldn't have said it more perfectly.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed November 27, 2005

We stayed at Royal Mansions with our Family over Labor day week, the Resort is clean with a lovely pool, It was such a great place to watch the Cruise ships from our Balcony. The unit we stayed in had just been re-done. The furniture and everything was beautiful. We did visit another unit and while not as nice as ours it was clean but OK, I would ask for a re-done unit. We took long walks along the beach and there were nice casual resturants at the port. The gambling cruise line picked us up right at the club house of Royal Mansions. Next year we want to spend a few weeks as they say you can see the rockets take off right from the beach.

Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arkansas
Reviewed July 9, 2005

Recently stayed here and our room was overrun with ants. After 4 days of complaining with no results we checked out early. Another family had the same ants plus cockroaches. The room was in great need of repair and on the last day no hot water. This was such a different expierience from our last visit a few years ago which was much better. We will NEVER stay here again. I plan on writing the new management about our stay!

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank kristie074
Reviewed February 20, 2005

This is one of the greatest condo resorts I've stayed at in the Cocoa Beach area. This is a place for everyone!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ct
Reviewed July 18, 2004

I just returned from an 8 day stay at the resort with my family. We were there with a few other teams for a tournament. I have traveled many places and must say that this place truly provides value for your money. Definitely need to request an updated condo. There is a difference. The staff was extremely friendly, the pool and jacuzzi worked out well as did all of the perks. Breakfast, happy hour, bikes and rafts. Everyone staying there was very friendly and we all had lots to talk about each night over some wine and cheese. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone I know traveling down there in the future.

5 Thank mruss03
Reviewed December 3, 2003

I have been staying in Royal Mansions every summer now for several years. The place was recently taken over by new owners, and I have seen many great improvements as a result. It has turned into an classy bread-and-breakfast inn.

A complimentary wine-and-cheese event takes place every evening, and a continental breakfast in the morning. Both meals occur in the clubhouse, which is beautifully decorated with carved mahogany furniture and marble tables, yet it still retains a relaxing "beach" feel. The clubhouse also has a wonderful view of the ocean.

Royal Mansions is also in the process of renovating all its condos. The condo I stayed in was tastefully decorated with faux finished walls and pictures that make the place feel like home. The most unusual item was the bed, because over it hung a decorative mosquito netting that made it look like a huge four-poster.

The pool deck has also been recently refinished, and new gates have been installed.

In short, Royal Mansions is a lovely place to stay, whether you are on a family vacation or a business trips. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the Cocoa Beach or Cape Canaveral area.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
minneapolis
Reviewed October 19, 2003

I have read the reviews by others here, and have a complete different view of this place. People are saying that the rooms are large. Ours was small. We had two children and two adults. The kids slept on a pull out couch, and would trip over our bed at night to go to the bathroom because the bed barely fit in the room. 1 bathroom. For $145.00 a night in October I was expecting like the Bridgewalk on Anna Maria Island or Sunshine Resort II in Orlando with easily 1100 to 1500sf and two bathrooms for the same price. The beach was okay. What can go wrong with the beach. It was the hotel in general, or our room. We stayed in room 1214. Maybe it was a condo that hasn't been re-vamped yet. But giving the place the benefit of my doubts, other things couldn't be explained. Cracked bathroom tile that I caught my foot on, chipped finish off the tub, water stains everywhere, wallpaper ripped off in the bathroom, bathroom fan sounded like a cat was stuck in it. Also there was a hole in the ceiling, yes a hole in the sheet rock. Speaking of cats, our second night we were treated to 5 wild or stray cats ripping open a bag of garbage left in the hallway. Walking past the hissing pests to get to the washer and dryer off in a building in the parking lot was no fun. We were generally very dissatified with this place. From the outside it looks great, from the internet pictures it looks great. The pool even looks bigger than it really is. But when you have the ocean who needs a pool. When I complained at check out, I was told that they wished I had said something sooner, they would have moved me into a newly renovated condo. I guess my question to them was, why put me in that rat hole to begin with? If there was a newly finished place available why not rent it out???? Why have a dissatisfied patron. Cocoa Beach in general seemed run down. Lots of abondon or closed business's. We had problems finding a place to eat.
Imagine having problems finding a seafood place in cocoa beach...now if I needed to find a gentlemens club, that was easier to find. We finally went 10 miles to the Lobster Shanty. Nice place. also Durango's was okay.
The resort at Cocoa Beach was oour first choice but they were full.

27 Thank dlsnfl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!