“Love It!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Chicago, IL
“Love It!”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Great unit (1211) that we were told was recently 'redone' by the owners. Full kitchen, lots of applicanes/cookware/dishes/ect. We ended up having the rest of the family come to our unit since we had enough to cook with/eat with. Great decorating! Love the furniture! Had 2 plasma tvs./dvd players. Bed was fantastic. Great mattress. Entire unit was tiled throughout and the color scheme was very relaxing. Loved the pics of what I assumed were the owners and their family on the walls. Felt like someone's home vs a hotel room. Great pool/hot tub/beach. Could not believe that there was not a crowd on the beach in front of the complex, but then heard that it's always like that since you are between the Cape Canaveral Port Pier and the Cocoa Beach Pier. We walked to both and there were lots of people/noise. Will definitely be back! Would be nice if the front desk would tell you if there are recently remodeled units done. The rest of our family members would have liked to have a unit as great as ours was! They had good ones, but no plasma tvs or enough kitchen utensils.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Booked "1 bedroom ocean view villa" through expedia.com. What we got was a condo in disrepair overlooking the parking lot.(OK if you stretched your neck you had a glimpse of the ocean) The condo we got was DIY gone wrong and showcase for tacky decor. The bedroom did not have an exterior window, the wall to wall carpet was coming up, loose floor tiles, damaged cabinets, stained furniture, etc, etc.

However what was worse was the unfriendly manner in which we were treated. Only after expedia stepped in were we offered another room for +$30 a night more which we declined.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank LJRVancouver
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2009
I am the General Manager of RMR and would like to comment on LJR’s review. First, I would like to thank LJR for taking the time to write their review. I am sorry Ljr feels they did not get what they had booked. The reservation was booked through a wholesale account which does not and has never offered ocean front units. We are an ocean front property and our units offer a variety of views, and the only guarantee is to book direct ocean front. There is no standard décor in our units, they are individually owned and have been decorated by each Owner. The basics are the same, bed size, linens, kitchen amenities etc. We offered to move LJR with the additional charge for direct ocean front. We also offered to move to another non ocean front unit at no additional charge. Both offers were declined. I apologize if LJR perceived the staff to be unhelpful. They were a late check in, and a call was made to their unit first thing the next morning and a voicemail was left trying to remedy the situation. Our maintenance staff would have been glad to take care of any issues in the unit, if we had been made aware of them. Our goal is to have every guest happy with their stay, and I again apologize to LJR if they feel we did not help them have a positive stay.
Wales, WI
Reviewed December 24, 2008

Got sent to Cape Canaveral, FL for 10 days right before Christmas and definitely was not looking forward to being away from the family...

Have to say, that the staff and accomodations at this place certainly were better than I expected. Great service, great condo, wonderful bed (bad back), excellent breakfast each morning on my way out to work, ect.

Will be recommending this to my other business associates. It sure beats the local motels. Had a view of the ocean/beach, balcony off of my unit and very peaceful. Loved the fact that I had a full sized frig,, microwave, stove, dishwasher plus laundry facility onsite. Was kind of sorry that the family was not with me! Maybe next time!

• Liked — Felt like home
  • Disliked — Had to go to work everyday
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My husband and I booked Royal Mansions for Memorial Day weekend and were very pleased! I am very particular when it comes to staying in hotels/condos, so I was a bit hesitant to keep my booking after seeing previous pictures on this site. My mind was eased once we arrived though. The front desk staff was very pleasant and our room could not have been any better! It was ideally located next to the pool and the private walkway to the beach.

It is sad that the previous review showed a condo in poor condition but they are individually owned and decorated (and I assume maintained) by the owner. The condo we stayed in (1206) was tastefully decorated with a beach theme and showed no sign of wear (and definitely no sign of bugs). It had all the comforts of home-fully equipped kitchen, flat-panel tv and dvd player in the living room, dining room, double/queen bed and tv in bedroom, and a nice-size bathroom with a shower/tub combo as well as a separate shower. The vanity area is on the outside of the bathroom which made it nice for me to get ready while the bathroom was in use.

The continental breakfast was nice but with a small selection. Don't go and expect to be able to have eggs and other hot items, but if you're wanting bagels, muffins, cereal, etc., it is perfect.

The location was great for us since our main two reasons for booking was to (1) go to the beach--again, private beach access...perfect and not crowded. (2) go to Kennedy Space Center ---less than 20 minutes away.

Overall, I highly recommend booking here!

• Liked — Private beach access, condo offered the same comforts as home, access to local shopping
  • Disliked — Pillow was lumpy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snubbycat
WeekendPackager, Mike Parent, Vice President/Sales & Marketing (mparent@cwhotels.com) at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2008
The management of Royal Mansions Resort appreciates all of the feedback we have received from TripAdvisor guests, both positive and negative.

Recognizing that we may fall short on occasion, we value the opportunity to make improvements where they are needed. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest, every stay.

The staff of Royal Mansions Resort prides itself in personalized service. Our quiet beachfront location makes the resort a perfect venue for couples and families seeking refuge from typical boardwalk hotels.

We encourage travelers' input on their experiences so that we can address issues and compliment our staff on a job well done.

Thank you!

Orange, California
Reviewed May 4, 2008

This property has a great location, a very nice website and friendly staff. Unfortunately, it also has roaches, rust and tired rooms. We had reservations for four nights and left after about 12 hours.

Location: Right on the beach, you can hear the waves crashing from your room. Under any other circumstances we'd be delighted with such accommodations.

Website: Other than the photographs of the rooms themselves, which did not represent the room into which we were placed it's a very well done website.

Friendly staff: Employees who checked us in and out were nice and generally accommodating.

Roaches: When we arrived I noticed several dead roach carcasses along the walls. Surprising, as I was not prepared to share my room with insects. In an attempt to prevent my wife from seeing them I swept them up while she used the bathroom. Hoping that was the end of it, we went to sleep. Unfortunately, six more carcasses appeared overnight, not including the four I found behind the Murphy bed. When I presented this evidence to the front desk clerk she did not question us when we asked to check out.

Rust: Exterior doors to our room were rusting out making entry and exit difficult. It appears that some of the rust was painted over.

Tired room: Our room was in need of a rehab. Furniture was mismatched and outdated, carpets were stained, and the DVD player and speakers looked as though they were installed by a teenager. It appeared that the bathroom was poorly maintained.

We left and went to the Country Inn & Suites; we found no insects there.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Roaches + Bathroom
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank Tax_Counsel
Colorado
Reviewed February 29, 2008

We just returned from a wonderfuly relaxing stay at the Royal Mansions at Cape Canaveral, Florida. My husband and I booked a single bedroom condo on one end, and my sister-in-law and her husband booked one on the other end of the building. Each single bedroom condo has a kitchen with stove, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave, along with a living room, dining room, bedroom, large closet, and bathroom. There are two bedroom condos available as well.

Our condo's decor was different than my in-laws. We discovered that each condo is privately owned and thus decorated to the taste of the owner. Some of the condo's have year-round residents. Both our condos were well-kept and neat. Our dishwasher leaked a bit but other than that, no concerns. The bed was fairly comfy and we loved all the space available in the condo.

The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, and there is a security person on at night. Check in/out was a breeze.

The only thing that wasn't great was the continental breakfast setup. There were too many people trying to get to too little food.

The grounds were beautiful, lush, and very well kept.
There is a moderately sized pool, a large spa, aand deck tables and chairs. The pool and spa were very clean.

Now the best part! The condo was a very short walk to a beautiful sandy beach, accessed through a locked gate and boardwalk. The long beach provides access from the Port Canaveral pier to the Cocoa Beach Pier and beyond, making short or long strolls very pleasant. The area in front of the condos had very low use, so napping or sunbathing next to the ocean was quite enjoyable! We did swim, and also saw people fishing and surfing along the beach.

This condo is within an hour's drive of all the Orlando theme park attractions. Overall, it's a pretty nice place to stay and we would definately stay there again.

• Liked — The close beach access
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ColoradoKristy
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2008

what a nice surprise, to find a reasonably priced hotel in a brilliant position for the beach and local attractions, ie kennedy space centre, the hotel suite was clean comfy with ample kitchen facilities, there was a swimming pool and hot tub on site it had immediate access to the beach. A 24 hour reception with security gaurd and to top it off a self service hot breakfast was included in the price, the suite had a seperate bedroom and a large bed settee in the lounge with a kitchen area as well. As a sesioned traveller i would recommend this hotel for a couple or a family.

• Liked — proximity to beach and local attractions value for money
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank melvyn w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!