“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Orlando, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was a reluctant to stay at this hotel because of the previous reviews. This is a delightful little spot and our stay was very enjoyable. I think you might trade newer amenities for a quiet, safe environment. The staff was very responsive on a busy Holiday weekend and the location couldn't be better. It seemed to be 5 minutes to everything. We had 4 adults in a one bedroom unit and were very comfortable. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you "MaryG" for taking time to let us know about your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself and look forward to a return stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The beds were uncomfortable. Linens old and dingy. Unit smelled generally and specifically of smoke. Needs paint and carpet. Different colors of paint on same wall, from horrible touch up painting. Furniture dirty and horribly dated. Furniture squeaky. Furniture does not match. Can't open drawer to night stand. Windows dirty. They moved us to another unit which was barely any better. Had this place been $65/night it would have been a reasonable value. At over $200/night it was one of the worst values in lodging I have ever encountered.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank David R
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I am sorry "David R" had a bad experience at Royal Mansion Resort. We tried to accomodate and in fact moved his reservation to a pre inspected room for the balance of his 6 night stay. I do apologize as our goal is to make everyone's stay enjoyable.
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The view and location is great. But that is it. We paid over $200 night including taxes and have a condo for 7 nights. The condo is horrible. Very uncomfortable, not clean, the staff do not respond to any requests. The room is very small and very outdated. What a waste of money. I have heard others say it is the luck of the draw but most didn't pay as much as we did.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nancy p
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you "Nancy P" for taking the time to express your concerns. Unfortunately, we were not made aware of your concerns until two days before check-out, at which time we did everything possible to respond. I have reviewed our front desk log book in which no issues were recorded during your stay. I have also met with our staff to discuss your concerns and to ensure that we provide excellent service to all of our guests in all of our beachfront condos. Should you visit the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area again, please contact me directly so that I may personally handle your reservations.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family and I have stayed here over Christmas and New Years of 2013/2014. We had a wonderful time we loved the beach pool and resort feel. The
Short walk down the beach to see the cruise ships leave and the walk to the pier made it a nice location. Close but private.
Our room was ver neat clean and Floridian in style.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Thirdhome
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you "thirdhome" for taking the time to review your stay at Royal Mansion Resort! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We styled in a 2 bedroom unit for our family vacation in August. The unit we stayed in needs some updating and it wasn't super clean. The carpets were pretty dirty. The location of this complex is awesome. It is perfect if you plan to spend your days on the beach. We also enjoyed the views of the cruise ships coming in and out almost every day.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you "vacagirl23" for your review of your recent stay at Royal Mansion. We have recently had the carpets cleaned in all the carpeted units and I have passed your review to the owner of the unit you stayed in to facilitate some upgrades. We hope you will stay with us on your next beach vacation.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to an atm ($200) before checking in, did a little shopping, spent $86, ($200 - $86 = $114.) enjoyed the pool and the beach during the day. Came back to the room to get ready for dinner. Had dinner, opened wallet to pay for dinner and only had $74. in it. $40. Missing... I guess that's what I get for not using the safe that's offered at RM. So, if you stay there. Lock up your valuables. After all, trust is earned, not given.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Trustisearned
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am the general manager at Royal Mansion and I have contacted this guest to get more information to investigate this issue. We had no prior knowldge until this review, it is not acceptable or tolerated.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

five girlfriends took a trip to Royal Mansions for the weekend (9/19-9/22) The hotel looks NOTHING like what they depict online. The room was really, really, gross. This is a review I've placed on other sites.

The location of this hotel is beautiful. BUT! Warning! It looks nothing like the pictures. Yes, the beach is nice, The pool area is nice enough, the problem was with the room itself. I stayed in Room 1302 with friends for the weekend and it was FILTHY. I'm talking about coffee rings and mold in the inside of the mugs in the cabinet. Ceiling pieces and drywall particles all over the upstairs bedroom floor. For such a beautiful view, you would think they could clean the windows! They were filthy!!! There were 4 towels in the room. VERY SMALL ones. No extra for the beach. When we called the front desk to request more towels... it went to a voicemail, I tried three times on Saturday morning for more towels and NEVER reached anyone. We never once saw a member of hotel staff on the grounds to even ask anyone. It was like we were deserted. It's really a shame because the place has potential. It's pretty cheap, I suppose.. bring your own towels and lysol.

Room Tip: If you don't have an ocean view, I couldn't imagine making it through your stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank tampablue
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you "tampablue" for your review on your recent stay. I am sorry you had problems and wish we had been told while you were here to correct them. I am not sure about the staff not being visable, I can assure you that all deparments worked this weekend and in fact , several remember getting your extra towels, pool towels and discussing a late check out. Windows are cleaned in every unit before check in. On a direct ocean front unit it doesn't last too long because of the salt spray and when you add the wind and rain it doesn't help. Again, I apologize your stay wasn't as you expected.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!