“Not Bad At All”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I made arrangements for my family of 53 people to stay at this hotel the night before our cruise on Carnival's Sensation. We arrived early (around 11am and check in was at 3pm) and the ladies at check-in explained the rooms were still being cleaned. They kept us informed every so often on the status of the rooms. They were extremely nice. So nice it was scary because I hadn't seen the rooms yet. Most of the family stayed in regular rooms with 2 doubles that were Sleep number beds. The decor of the rooms was your traditional Radisson upgrades - very fresh and bright navy blue and white theme. These rooms are entered from the outside (what you think of for motels but more tasteful). If you look at pictures that show the pink rooms, those are the suites which are located in a new attached building. The doors to these rooms are entered from the hallway. These rooms strickly resemble the pictures but don't exactly mimic the "Radisson" upgrades. To me Radisson needs to work on the suites decor now. Glad I didn't get one because I am VERY picky and would not have enjoyed the room due to its decor.
The transportation to the Port is really organized! The guy that handles this part of the resort is easy to work with and really on top of things. I recommend when you check-in or better yet, when you make your reservation that you contact the front desk and ask to be put on the list for shuttle service to the Port. They will tell you what time to be in the lobby. Just make sure you are there at that time. Some people get frustrated with the process, but if you get added to the list upon check in, at the latest, things run smoother. Don't listen to the other person that wrote the comment about the shuttle begining a nightmare (they must not have understood the process of signing up).
The resort's pool is wonderful. Not as large as the pictures look but it's verey nice and ample for a night's stay. At night it lights up and is really pretty.
I will say, the agents for this property are very nice and care about how you feel about their property. After reading a few reviews on multiple sites, I email my concerns and the exact quote to the property and ask them to address the claims in the review. They did honestly. And now that I have seen the property for myself, I'm not sure where those comments came from. There was a wedding and a retirement party in the hotel the same night and things were still organized and the staff was still available to service the hotel's regular guests.
I didn't even mention the seafood buffet that they had on Saturday evening. Check with the staff for prices. I remember they were very reasonable for the amout of seafood. However, McDonalds (whose layout is a nightmare when large numbers of people are present - but they have good service once you reach the register) is just across the street. A subway is on the same side of the street just a block over - definitely walking distance. There are also 2 other restaurants on each side of the resort but I didn't try them.
There's also a Putt Putt/BumperCars/Arcade one block away from the resort. You just have to walk across a grassy area to get to it. Very nice also!
I almost fogot to mention the 2 bars (one outside and one inside). Both are nice and reasonable. They also had a gentleman play jazz during the evening hours. Afterwards he moved to the inside bar and continued to play. This was also a nice touch.

Enjoy this property. We did for the one night. We will stay here again when we sail out of Port Canaveral.

• Stayed: August 2009
3  Thank PickyVactioneer

Reviewed June 30, 2009

My Husband,daughter & I stayed in this hotel recently for a night to catch our cruise the next day. This is by far the nicest & cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in. We had waited til the last minute to book our room so the regular rooms were gone,but got a suite. Very nice with lots of room. Would love to stay here for a week of vacation one day. We were very satisfied!
We were also able to park & leave our car while on our cruise which was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank obxmommy
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This hotel had horrible customer service. We were poorly greated and treated horribly!!! We stayed here the night before our cruise and hated it! The property looked good, but the staff was horrible. I would not recommend it...There are other options in the area if you are looking for a place to crash before a cruise.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trave1ngir1
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This was a nice atmosphere with beautiful pool with waterfall & lush lanscaping.
The pool was full of people and a bit noisy the night we arrived. Our room was right over the pool area. I 'm pretty sure there was a huge wedding group there.
Our room condition was in so/ so rug condition. wallpaper ect.,,considering the rate, but it did include breakfast and parking.
I loved the sleep by number bed. Breakfast was a madhouse. So was the shuttling of
people to the cruise terminal. I was not happy where we parked I didn't think it was as
safe as parking at the cruise terminal. Plus I didn;t like having to wait for the return shuttle. Overall I have chose other options since then. Luna Sea was cheap $52 with breakfast, clean plain and simple. Also have stayed at the econo lode space ctr with free choice hotel points, that was nice and not too far away at all. Maybe ten minutes.
If you have kids, and you have time to actually spend at the resort they will love the pool.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisatch
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We stayed here before our cruise. They provide a free shuttle to the port.

After reading many many positive reviews, I was surprised by the lack of cleanliness in the room. Found long black hair hanging from the blow dryer in the bathroom. The room was generally not clean. It is cheaply built and has very thin walls.

The staff were amazing. Loved the guy playing music at the Tiki Bar by the pool.

We got a suite with a whirlpool tub which is in the bedroom (which is kinda weird) but since the rest of the room was not clean....we did not feel comfortable using it. To telling when the last time it had been properly cleaned.

It is ok for an overnight stay....as long as you know what to expect.

For the price they charge...we expected better.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cruzinfool10
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My husband and my two daughters booked two nights at this hotels and had to leave the next day because of the discusting conditions this resort has aquired. There were holes on the sofa, the lamps were broken, no parking, you could hear everything people were doing beides and upstairs, which kept us up all night with their walking around, and we woke up to our shoking surprise to roaches crawling all over the floor!!! It was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and WILL NOT RETURN AGAIN!! I DO NOT recommend staying here at all.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank pumpbunnykin
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My family and I decided to stay at this hotel prior to our Disney Cruise and because of all the great reviews and the location to the port. The hotel itself is kinda confusing as to how it's laid out. There are several different buildings, the front desk gives you a map at the time of check in. The hotel is very busy, a lot of people stay here before the cruise, you can tell its a very popular place. We had a little trouble finding a parking spot, not really close to our room at all. The rooms are a nice size, they have sleep number beds which I thought were going to be really comfortable but they were not. We couldn't figure out how to adjust them properly. The hotel does have a restaurant, we didn't get to try because we got in really late. The pool looked really cool and my kids wanted to try it out but again we didn't get to the hotel to almost 10:00 pm. and had a early morning the next day. There is a pizza restaurant next door it closes at 10:00 pm. I found that odd especially on a Friday night, they could have made so much money with the amount of people at the hotel alone. There is a McDonalds right accross the street and a Greek diner on the opposite side of the hotel. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the port for free, the shuttle director was awsome and did a very good job of keeping everything organized. Overall I would stay here again. We would just try to get here earlier to really enjoy the hotel and the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!