“Just OK”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Nice hotel but with some problems. We stayed in a 1 BR jacuzzi suite. I'll spell out the pros and cons:

Pros:
Beautiful hotel with beautiful scenery and landscaping
Great pool and jacuzzi
Indoor and outdoor bar
Big room with a sleep number bed
Free shuttle to cruise terminal.
Free parking during your cruise if you stay overnight before hand.
Non-smoking hotel

Cons:
Someone had clearly been smoking in our room. Everything reeked of stale cigarette smoke. YUCK. I had trouble sleeping because of the bad smell.
Cable TV is sketchy - they have problems with their lower number channels.
Uncomfortable pull out sofa.
Long line for buffet breakfast - appeared to be understaffed - we went somewhere else.

I will say that the hotel was very responsive to our complaint of cigarette smell in our room by giving us a good discount off the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank littlecat123

Reviewed January 21, 2009

Stayed here and used the "park and cruise" service prior to our cruise from Port Canaveral. Great location, very friendly staff with the exception of the restaurant and bar staff, and very well organized shuttle service to and from the port. The grounds and pool are a nice way to start vacation off right and felt very safe leaving the car in their long-term lot for the week.

Room was nothing special - standard hotel fare but was clean and functional. We got a good laugh out of playing with the Sleep Number beds but didn't think they were all that comfortable. If you are sensitive to noise request a room by the tennis courts - our room was by the pool and there was some noise up until about 10pm but it really wasn't a problem for us.

Skip the breakfast buffet - the service and food were bad and is the only thing I can see pulling this hotel down.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor are very accurate. Good location and very clean hotel. We stayed (2 adults, 2 teenagers) in a suite with 2 rooms. Small eating area is nice and 2 separate rooms are perfect. Layout of the grounds is nice and pool is large. We went to Cocoa Beach Pier and Disney for a couple of days. Short drive to Disney (1 hour) and 15 min to the pier. Tiki bar area by the pool had excellent service (and food) and checkin was a breeze. Had to get a roll-away bed because the pull out couch was too small for 2 teens. Called for it and it was delivered in 5 minutes!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank techmom64
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Stayed here unexpectedly. Booked hotel an hour before arrival. Check in easy. Obtained a suite for $139. Quiet, comfortable, Disney-ish. Pool area was very good. Otherwise, nothing at all special about the hotel. Certainly not a resort or have any amenities, but only a place to stay before getting on a cruise ship which is what everyone we spoke with seemed to be doing. It is only a mile from Port Canaveral. Not go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank PAQ
Reviewed December 25, 2008

We stayed here one night before boarding a Carnival cruise. The location certainly is excellent, only a couple of miles from the cruise terminal.
The hotel itself isn't perfect. The layout is terribly confusing (a series of different buildings) and the poor signage mad it even more difficult to locate our rooms. The place is noisy, with some patrons partying outside in the common areas until pretty late. The check in process was slow, although the check out (which can be done on the room TV) somewhat made up for that. We didn't have any meals nor did we try the pool.
The shuttle service to the cruise terminal was slow and crowded but we made it.
This is one of those places you might or might not return to. There's several competitors close by.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2008

My room looked new and clean. The furnishings and decor looked new and were tasteful. I used the internet via the cable provided which was easy to use. I was there on business. At night, I used the fitness room, the swimming pool, and jacuzzi. All were great. I and another person were the only ones using the facilities. The fitness room had a TV dedicated to each machine. The bed was comfortable. I ran the air conditioning most of the night as the window didn't open. It was around 70F and humid. Good breakfasts are available to order in the restaurant on site. The desk is a little high for computers and the chair was a little low as I'm tall, but worked OK after stacking a pillow on it. Parking is free though there is a $4.95 resort fee that hotels like this charge even though they don't tell you about it up front. I don't mind paying a small fee it since I enjoyed the resort.
My credit card was charged after I checked out for over $10. I find these unapproved charges irritating but they agreed to credit me right away when I called and complained.
I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank treehugger_8
RadissonManager, Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2008

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort here in Cape Canaveral. However I would like to clarify the resort fee of $4.95 you had mentioned in your post. The resort fee is a local tax that the county government charges on all hotel stays. This is a mandatory tax that the hotels have to charge along with sales tax per the state government. We have recently changed our invoices to say local tax to avoid any further confusion. Our parking is free here at the resort and do not charge any additional/hidden fees. When staying at any hotel in our area you will be charged the sales tax of 6% and local government tax of 5%.

Reviewed December 14, 2008

With the high cost of parking at the port for a 7 day cruise, it was not that much more to pay for a night at the Radisson , leave my car there during the cruise, and meet up with some other folks staying at the hotel that were going out on the same cruise. Although the first room assigned did not meet my requests for floor and location, the staff quickly changed it. There appears to be a wide range of room types and age of decor. My room had older furniture, except for a nice new sleep number bed, and there was some worn upholstery on the couch, wallpaper peeled off in the bathroom. However, it was very clean, smelled fresh, and overall was very comfortable. Other rooms were newer and had a frig and micro. The pool area was nice and there was a live musician on Saturday night. The free shuttle over to the port doesn't start until 11:30, which was later than we wanted, so instead we took a cab over (very inexpensive). This doesn't make sense, since the same shuttles start going over at 8AM to pick up returnng passengers, so they are leaving the hotel empty. Parking area is not secured, but everyone I spoke to said as long as you use common sense in not leaving items in view there are no problems. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!