“Terrific deal”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I booked the hotel for a one-nighter between cruises. Got a great price thru a Priceline.com bid ($60. + fees). The hotel runs a shuttle from to and from the port so after I exited the terminal I found it very quickly and was at the hotel in no-time. Since it was only 9 a.m. when I checked in I didn't expect a room to be ready. However, I was told that there were rooms available but they were suites and I would have to pay for the upgrade. Then I got the bad news. The upgrade would cost me $15. Of course I grabbed it (it was worth the $15. not to have to sit around and wait). The suite turned out to be a 2-room affair off a corridor (the standard rooms are motel-style and are accessed from the outside (later about that). The suite had a kitchenette complete with fridge and microwave. The living room had a huge LG flat screen tv. The bedroom area included a Jacuzzi tub (in the bedroom; not the bathroom). There was a lovely basket made from the bath mat that included some nice amenities (one for the shower too). Another LG flat screen tv in the bedroom. The bed was a Sleep Number and I loved being able to adjust the firmness. Only problem was the floor is partially tiled and you could hear the people above. Not a smart decorating choice. The walls were also pretty thin and I could hear the housekeeping staff in the suite next door. I had to pay $6.00 for the shuttle back to the cruise ship terminal the next day but that was a fair price and meant I had an easy return to the ship (although the driver decided to stop the bus to register a complaint about trouble he had with another parked vehicle the day before - that should have been done after he dropped us off).

The only facility I used at the hotel was the bar to Flamingos for coffee with friends who came by to visit. It was very good coffee, by the way (there was also a coffee maker in the kitchenette with not so good coffee). The pool area is very nice but due to the cold weather I could not go swimming. My friends and I just sat outside to socialize. The Jacuzzi was popular but having one in the suite meant I didn't have to bother going outside (no bathrobes in the suite, anyway).

My friends are from Daytona Beach and we went to lunch in Titusville at a terrific seafood restaurant called Dixie Crossroads. I had a whole live Maine lobster with soup and potato for $19.99. Pretty good. Since I had a large lunch I just went next door to Kelsey's (what a name for a pizzeria) and just had soup and salad which were pretty good. The place was very busy so it's an economical place for a good meal, especially if you don't have a car, like me. There is also a McDonalds across Astronaut Blvd.

I did have a peek at the standard rooms since housekeeping had the door open to one. They looked pretty tight compared to the suite. Also, the walkways are stone and you probably can hear every cart and luggage on wheels going by. This is another flaw in the architect/decorator's design of the hotel.

The reception and other staff members I encountered were all very friendly and helpful (my friend needed directions to the restaurant since she wasn't used to driving to it from Pt. Canaveral). I feel I got quite the bargain with the hotel so I won't make too much a fuss about the few negatives I found. The property is very well maintained (everything looked immaculate) and I would definitely try to stay there again should I need a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Try for a room off a corridor and not facing the courtyard which will be noisier.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank unckey
Write a ReviewReviews (3,984)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked a last minute overnight stay here for a visit to KSC. It was the cheapest on the list and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was really nicely surprised. The room was huge and well equipped, bed very comfortable, and free high speed wifi a big bonus. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and in a great location for the Space Centre and port. Would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed February 5, 2014

After flying all day from SFO to Orlando and taking a shuttle to the hotel, our room was like an oasis. We had upgraded to a king whirlpool suite, which was very comfortable and roomy. Took advantage of the whirlpool after dinner and immediately fell into bed and slept like babies. We had a very nice dinner in the Flamingo's Restaurant which overlooks the waterfalls of the resort's swimming pool area. The next morning decided room service was in order and that was wonderful as well. The room was very clean, the staff very professional and accommodating. Would stay at the Radisson Resort at the Port again if sailing from Pt. Canaveral and highly recommend it as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The parking is the best part about this hotel, although I didn't use the pools and that area looked nice. The rooms though are not very clean and it felt more like the quality of a motel. The arrangements for the shuttle to the port are chaos and very disorganized although the staff at front desk were efficient and it seems the parking had good security.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We recently completed our 5th stay at this property. First want to start by saying we LOVE the pool area and the general atmosphere in that area the night before a cruise. Previous trips we've never had any issues. This trip felt a little let down.

We had to ask 4 times for them to refresh the pool towels, it's like everyone "said yes to the guest request" but never followed through with it. Finally we had to truck into the lobby soaking wet to ask for a manager.

Let's be honest, the rooms are very dated. Maybe I'm a spoiled hotelier, but even our traveling party felt this way. Definitely in need of a renovation to the rooms.

The hotel shuttle to the cruise terminal is a review in itself, but I will try to keep it short. We were reserved for (6) on the 11:15am shuttle. We arrived plenty early and checked in. We could see they were delayed, but we understood. What we didn't expect was at 11:45am the "too serious chick with a megaphone" called last call for 11:15am group. Umm what?! We were never called! We questioned her about it to which she said "You must have missed your name"... Hmm.. that's weird because we were right in front of her the whole time. Ok, whatever.. we moved along. Got on the shuttle and ready to go. She was taking names of everyone on the shuttle and missed us again. When we called out our names she was so confused on who we were and how we were on that shuttle. Just lots of useless drama with the shuttle. I think they need a better system, or a few more staff members checking guests in.

We enjoy the park and cruise package and used to be very loyal to this hotel, but not sure if we will be back in October for our next cruise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very disappointed we had to wait and wait and wait for our room to be ready hours after check in time. WE were very tired ands wanted to rest but couldn't because our rooms weren't ready.This was our experience

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank JudyCreppel
RAdams_FOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are truly sorry that you were disappointed with your check in experience. I can see from your reservation that you were checked in at 4:20 PM on your arrival date. Saturdays are a very busy day for us; which is why our website states that our check in begins at 3:00 PM. We are, of course, happy to check in any of our guests prior to 3:00 PM when we have rooms available and clean again from prior occupants. We try our very best to meet requests for early arrival whenever possible but we are not always able to provide early arrival due to the volume of guests that we serve on weekends. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when next you travel to Cape Canaveral.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night before our cruise. Nice big rooms. Clean. Friendly staff.
Left our vehicle in parking lot while on the cruise., which saves port parking charge.
Very organized in getting you to and from the cruise port. Very impressed.
Will always stay here when cruising out Pt. Canaveral.
Highly recommend this hotel.
Nice pool too.

Room Tip: Good Park, Stay , Cruise package. Good value.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!