“Great Place to Start Your Cruise”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Stow, Ohio
“Great Place to Start Your Cruise”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great comfortable clean rooms to relax the night before your cruise. Very nice large pool area that made you feel you were the only ones there. They also had a tennis court that allowed us to stretch our legs after a long drive. We also took advantage of their parking on-site at a discount to port parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jim T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
CHARLOTTE
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson the night before we boarded our cruise ship. We had a very comfortable night's sleep. The bedding and bed were very cozy and the room was very clean. Not dated.The staff at the hotel were very nice and courteous. For an additional fee, Radisson will allow you to park your car for the week in their back parking lot while you go on your cruise and also will shuttle you to the cruise terminal and pick you up to take you back to your car on your return trip. The hotel's organization Saturday morning getting all the different passengers and their luggage on the right shuttles to go to their different cruise ship destinations.was seamless. The shuttle person was knowledgeable and helped to let us know the next stage of our journey and what to expect. Please remember to bring tip money with you! You will need to tip the shuttle person! They handle all our luggage! We will come back to the Radisson when we cruise from Port Canaveral next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twmj57
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I recently went over to Port Canaveral to meet some friends who would be sailing on a cruise the next day. Since they are from Canada and I live in Orlando I figured it would be a great time to visit and stay the night. Since they were at the Radisson, I decided to book there too.

The hotel had a room called a Petite Guest room. Since I was by myself and only staying one night, I decided that would do fine. Let me tell you that the room was PERFECT! It had a refrigerator and microwave as well as the coffee pot and a prep area with a sink as you walked in. Beyond that was the bathroom to the left. I fell in love with the walk-in shower (no tub) and there were plenty of great amenities. The king sized bed was great. I had never used an air-number bed before and I didn't know what I was missing. Probably the best thing about the room (room 421) was the view that looked right at the port and I could see the ships come in and leave.

Better than the room, however, were the staff. Amazing people who all seemed to want to take the extra step to show their guests that they care. Kelli at the front desk was particularly helpful. The pool are and landscaping is also beautiful and tropical and when the weather is warm there is a great Tiki Bar poolside. Their breakfast buffet was also very good (nothing really special) but the food tasted great, they had a made-to-order omelet station, and the price was reasonable ($9.95).

So I would strongly recommend staying here. If you are going to be taking a cruise, they also have a package where you can keep your car parked at the hotel while you cruise which will save a lot of money over the cruise port parking rates. But whether you are driving or flying in, you will be sure to enjoy the Radisson at the Port!

Room Tip: 421, 422, 423 and 424 are the closest to the cruise port with the best views of the ships. If you a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank OGCFreddie1961
clyde, NC
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Radission. It was a perfect location for boarding a cruise ship. The shuttle was prompt and our car was left safely at the Radission. The pool was great and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank aahenderson
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I would never stay at this hotel based on my experience. From some of the pictures I have seen from other reviews, I must have been staying at a different hotel. The hotel was dirty and old. Room service dishes in the hallway that had obviously been there since the morning, still there the following morning. Outside doors did not lock. I was put in a room on the very back of the property and it was very dark. Room key didn't work when I arrived at the room. Had to load all my luggage back into my car and drive back to the front desk. No apologies. The bathroom shower stall was tiny. The door is very narrow. I would not stay here again. I stayed here for the shuttle to the port, but the person out front was so rude and I was given no instructions the night before about where I needed to be to catch the shuttle, which caused and hour delay for myself. I could go on, but will not.

Room Tip: I think someone had mentioned that they are currently renovating. I did not see any evidence of re...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mtnlover_67
RAdams_FOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are truly sorry that you were disappointed with the service you received from the front desk and with the condition of the property. Your experience is certainly not typical of our usual guest experience. We constantly strive to improve the quality of our service and our product. We hope you will return to give us another chance to impress you when next you travel to Cape Canaveral!
Amelia Court House, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was very clean and rooms were large and comfortable. Very convenient location near the port. Shuttle to and from the port was very convenient. Staff was very nice and polite. Great pools. Great place to stay if you are going on a cruise.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank gwp1
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Radisson owns/operates Park Port Canaveral Cruise Ship Park located on 8600 Astronaut Blvd 1A1. We just completed a four day cruise on Carnival and by the way it was worth the money-great service-food and Carnival has their act together. Back to parking-we arrive at the parking facility, when we arrived a person told us to unload the luggage and I should park the vehicle-remember where you parked-walk back register and go to the loading zone outside. A bus was there to take us to the ship-by the way there were several other buses in line. All in all-once I got my prepaid receipt, we where at the terminal in fifth teen minutes. They unload our luggage and told us to come back to this same spot after the cruise. When we got though customs and walked outside-there was a bus waiting passengers. Only when to park and cruise. By the way, when we got to the parking lot, the driver drove around the lot so customers could step off the bus near their car. One more thing, if you have a lot of luggage give the curve side person a buck or two and they will have your luggage delivered to your room-outside. It is a long walk and going up an angle. When the cruise, just take your luggage with you. We ate breakfast at 06:45 am, went to room, got our luggage and was though customs at 08:30 am and there was our bus.
If you are purchasing a std. stateroom-select level E near room 104 is where we stayed. It is the level when you leave the ship and it is in the middle of the ship and close to everything. Also about sixty feet from the line to leave the ship.

Dan Lapham

Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!