“Doesn't LOOK fantastic but it really is”

Radisson Resort at the Port
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed April 24, 2013

At first, the property doesn't look all that great. Outside entrances, just ok decor, etc, but once you are here 10 minutes, you will see that it is more than that. The staff is really nice and the rooms are very clean. We stayed there for two days before we left on a disney cruise. The pool was fantastic and I cannot say enough about the guys at the bar. They brought us drinks and lunch and snacks all day by the pool. The food was really good as well. Our kids were going up and ordering their own stuff and they kept everyone straight and got everyone what they wanted. The breakfast is really good as well. I highly recommend staying here before cruising. The shuttle was really easy also.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,987)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice hotel. Nothing fancy. Grounds were beautiful. Pool was very nice and noticed it accommodates disabled people with a chair lift. I thought that was thoughtful. They need elevators in every building though. Lugging your luggage up the stairs pretty much sucks. Especially if you are an overpacker like myself. A kind gentleman who didn't know what he was asking helped and asked if I was packing a dead body in my case. There is only one elevator, that we could find. The room itself was comfortable. Standard queen room. Linens were nice. A/C worked no problem. Apparently the walls were thin, because at one time we were laughing and someone banged on the wall to shut us up. Which only annoyed me, so I turned up the t.v. It wasn't like we were blaring music. We prepaid for breakfast. It was crazy busy, mostly because people were leaving about the same time to head to the port. Food was good. Omlets, french toast, gravy and biscuits, bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, toast, pastry, bagels. They provided secure parking and a shuttle. Would definately use again for our next cruise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very nice grounds, pool area and room. Our room was on the first floor just off the side of the pool area at the end of a stairway- A bit noisy, and the walls are kind of thin but nothing a good evening of drinking didn't take care of. If you have kids, this place is awesome but it wasn't over loaded with them. Dinner sucked, the waitress messed up everyones orders and couldn't remember who ordered what. I had the tuna, with roasted old cold vegestables and potatoes (pretty sad when the waitress tells us she wouln't eat the mushroom rice on the special), my husband asked for cauliflower the waitress gave him french fries...well, they are both "white". The grilled chicken salad orderd for lunch was much better. Would I stay here again...YES, Would I eat dinner here again...NOT BLOODY LIKELY

Room Tip: Want quit say away from the pool area, but for convenience stay near the pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked here for a great nights stay before taking a cruise. Customer service was great and rooms are nice. Location is great. Tried the pizza place next door and it was good. The lady at checkin recommended several places to dine and she was very helpful during the checkin process. Cocoa Beach is less than 3 miles away and the ports are right down the road. Shuttle service and parking is provided for cruises. Not sure what some of the bad reviews are about. I guess some people just look for things to complain about.

1  Thank jim0421
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here before my cruise out of Port Canaveral. The pool is amazing!!! It is breathtaking with all of its waterfalls. It also has a hot tub and a slide. My favorite part was the pool bar. We spent the evening here. They had a menu so we ate there as well.The rooms were fine. I read some reviews that said that they needed updated...but my room was clean and well maintained. They had sleep number bedding which was fabulous too. I made arrangements with the front desk for our shuttle to the port. There is a diner across the street and also a McDonalds if you want something else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank missTPA
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for the Victory casino cruise. Free shuttle to the port. Room was updated and clean. Lobby and bar staff were very nice and attentive. Location is great less than 2 miles to the port. Resort style pool. Didn't try the food but looked good and prices were reasonable. Great stay overall.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stay one night only but we were satisfied. Family with 3y old child. We get large family room in ground floor. Thanks to garden for the window was this room very dark. For longer stay I will prefere 1st floor. Hotel has clean and nice swimming pool area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!