“Clean and Tidy”
Review of Cape Winds Resort

Cape Winds Resort
Reviewed July 5, 2008

My daughter, mother-in-law and myself stayed here for 3 days at the beginning of June. We live about 45 minutes away and had driven by the property on several occasions. After reading the great reviews we decided to book a getaway. We arrived prior to check in and planned to spend time at the beach. I went to the office to let the staff know we were here and asked if they could call me on my cell when my room was ready. I was told in no uncertain terms that my room would be ready at 3:00 pm. Now let me say that there are times when rooms are ready prior to check-in and I was very politely asking for a "heads up" since I was traveling with a child. The girl at the desk was rude but I chose not to make a big deal out of it since the woman I originally encountered for the reservation was so kind. At 3pm we promptly checked in and I was told that I would love my accomodations. I had confirmed prior that it was a renovated unit since my daughter has asthma and I have severe allergies. The unit did look updated and had new furnishings. The master suite was large but had a small bathroom which was not updated. The second bedroom was of ample size. The hall bath was not updated. The kitchen wasn't updated but was in excellent condition. One weird thing however was that our unit had nonmicrowave dishes. This proved to be a bit of a hurdle when I tried to make my daughter breakfast. The main thing I was surprised about was that the balcony was only off of the living area and not the mastersuite as well. I had been looking forward to hearing the waves at night but instead could only hear the noise in the cooridor. If you are a light sleeper be aware of this when booking. The unit as a whole worked out really well. It was spotless and I never had reason to worry about my daughter's health or my own. I did not go to the pool as we were there for the beauty of the beach. We stayed during the week and checked out on Saturday morning. I'm not sure what it would be like over a weekend as it is a smaller building and noise in the walkways is an issue. Overall, we had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank pab34

Reviewed June 24, 2008

This was a very nice place to stay. Although the decor of our unit was a bit 80's, everything was very clean and in good order--not at all worn or shabby. The staff was very friendly. It was great to have condo space and amenities at cheaper than hotel prices--with daily maid service! The pool area was nice and clean. The beach was wonderful--and there were hardly any other people there. Great view from our corner balcony. We found this at the last minute before our trip and we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank MadMaude53
Reviewed June 9, 2008

My Wife and I as well as our Daughter stayed at Cape Winds during Spring Break 2008. Loved it!!!! The floor plan was awesome. I loved having the 30' balcony with the sliders in the master bedroom and hearing nothing but the surf. Watching all the cruise ships come and go was a treat as well. A lot of great uniqe restauranrs down by the docks as well as over by Merrit Island on 520. Both just minutes away.

Orlando with all the theme parks is 50 minutes away and NASA was about 15. If your lucky enough to visit during a space shuttle luanch you can watch it from the comfort of your own balcony. I also liked the fact Cape Winds is off the beaten path and that we never really had to deal with all the spring break "chaos" and all the traffics asscociated with it.

We rented our condo from the owners and did not go through a rental agency so the decor was very up to date. Any problems we had ,we dealt directly with the owners. (the fridge died on our second day a Sunday) and within an hour they had someone there to fix it..

But a word of advice. If your looking to stay here and want to get an ocean view, get a condo on the 3rd floor or higher. (this building has 5 floors total) If your on the ground floor you will not be able to see anything but dune grass as there is a little berm that seperates the lawn area from the beach.

My wife and I are already lookig forward to our return trip.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank de88rox
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed in a two-bedroom unit in March, 2008 based on reviews I had read on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The unit was clean, if a bit dated, and everything worked. Admin and cleaning staff exceptional! The pool was actually 'heated' and the HT was hot! There was easy access to the beach with views of the launch pads to the north and the Cocoa Beach Pier to the south. We ate all our meals at the Pier - good prices, service, and lots of interesting characters and live music. Too bad we missed the Beach Boys on March 28.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank jackhamilton1
Reviewed March 7, 2008

We stayed at Cape winds at the end of August. We stayed in a two bedroom beach front unit. Cape winds is wonderful. My husband and daughter and I stayed at Cape winds for 4 nights. They had a beautiful heated pool and hot tub, tennis courts and are located on the beach of cape canaveral. We stayed in a two bedroom condo, the view from our deck was spectacular. One night we actually saw the cruise ships in the ocean setting sail for there journey. Other guests told us that it is a great place to watch the rockets and shuttle launches, sorry we missed that. We travel with our 3 year old daughter and find staying in a place with a kitchen works better for us. There were several grocery stores very close and lots of shopping in the area. We also ate at some great places. Florida seafood being one of our favorites. We would definitly recommend cape winds to anyone that is looking for a condo on the beach with great amenities.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ymann68
Reviewed November 13, 2006

We have been to the Space Coast several times and have stayed in hotels (Doubletree, Hilton). Not anymore! This place is fabulous! Right on the beach, great heated pool (85 degrees) and a real hot tub (104 degrees). The grounds are immaculate, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed in unit 111, and it was as clean as clean gets. One bedroom, two full baths and all the amenities you could ever need for an extended stay. Very quiet and peaceful. The Cocoa Beach Pier is one mile to the south. Lot’s of places to dine, and for the person who couldn’t find seafood – head over to Mango Tree, just ½ south on A1a. Just an absolute gem. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank NKTraveler
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Cape Winds Resort is a real gem.
My quest was to balance our visit to Orlando theme parks with a few days at a beach. The problem was that our family of five does not fit easily into a standard hotel room and eating out every night can be expensive. I couldn't find a condo that would rent for any less than a week and the price of larger hotel rooms that don't even have a kitchen can be very high.
The answer was the Cape Winds Resort...just a 50 minute drive from Orlando and 2 bedroom/2 bath units that rent by the day. The resort was very clean. The pool was immaculate. The tennis courts were well-kept up. Our spacious fourth floor condo overlooked the pounding surf and passing cruise ships. There was a generous sized private balcony. The condo was very clean and didn't have that wet, beachy smell or dirty walls that we have found at other beach resorts towards the end of summer. The rooms easily accomodated our family of two adults and three teenagers. The proximity to the Kennedy Space Center and kayaking in the wildlife refuge were another plus. We found the beach to be very clean and the surf to be manageable for some boogie boarding. We enjoyed watching the surfers, too. The fact that astronaut families stay there was also pretty cool. We got three takeouts from an Italian restaurant - the best pizza and lasagne - Papa Vito's, I think.
My only complaint which is very minor was that I found some ants by the stove on our last day and the kitchen lacked some basic utensils, but all in all that's about it.
If you need laundry facilities, you may want to bring that up because our unit didn't have any...but I didn't want to do laundry anyways!
I remarked to a guest at the pool how nice the resort was and he said that he was visiting friends at the resort and was so sorry that he was staying at another place down the beach.
My husband and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Been to Cape Winds Resort? Share your experiences!