We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites prior to our departure for a cruise. It was about a 45 minute drive from the Orlando Airport. You take one road all the way and then turn right to the hotel. Extremely easy to get to!
Upon entering, they seem to spray a strong fragrance that I didn't care for. However, once we entered our room, it was fine. The room had all that you needed, hairdryer, coffemaker, frig, microwave. It was tastefully decorated and clean. The beds were comfortable. You are not on the water, but we did have a view of the cruise ships, which was nice.
There were nearby restaurants and some shopping, along with the Ron Jon shop in the general vicinity.
Before departing for our cruise, we ate the complimentary breakfast, which was EXCELLENT. It wasn't your typical free breakfast, as it included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, waffles, cereal, toast, about anything you could want. We were very pleased.
If you are staying for a cruise, I suggest renting a car for the duration of your cruise. We did all the research, and the transport fees to/from the airport, or renting one day and then upon departure were far more than we paid to rent for an entire week. We paid $22 to leave our rental car at the hotel, and that included our transfers to/from the cruise ship. I certainly felt that was reasonable.
Leaving for the ship was a breeze. Returning from the ship was another story. We were not given very good directions where to meet our driver. When we called to advise, we were told he was too busy to answer questions. I called the hotel to let them know that I needed to know where we were to be, and no one returned my call. We finally were able to find the driver. We were told to walk to the end of the sidewalk and go right, but we did that, and had walked too far. Turn right OUT OF THE TUNNEL.
All in all, it was a nice place to stay that served a great breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in comfort when lodging at the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL with rooms styled in tropical decor for a retreat feel and equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and free Wi-Fi for the ambiance of home. Conveniently located near Port Canaveral, this hotel ensures a pleasant and memorable stay for its guests seeking fun in the sun at Cocoa Beach, adventure at the Kennedy Space Center or easy access to the cruise terminal at Port Canaveral. Hotel guests can cool off in one of two pools, stay in shape at the on-site Fitness Center, connect with friends via free Internet access and take advantage of cruise parking packages with a shuttle service to the port. At the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL, guests enjoy home comforts, convenient services and an ideal location near Port Canaveral, making this hotel a great relaxation destination in Cape Canaveral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns And Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Country Inn Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Country Inn