Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
USA
“Good rate”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were a party of 5 going on a cruise. A good place to stay as they will keep your car and shuttle you back and forth to the port. They breakfast was good. There shuttle service as great. The only problem we had was the room did smell musty. There were 2 queen size beds and a pull out couch in the living room. I would stay there again. Rate for the room include all this and it was $211.00.

Room Tip: I would check the room to see if it had a odor. If your are going on a cruise and plan to leave your...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear fiorita,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

I am so pleased that you found our complimentary breakfast as well as Park & Cruise package to/from Port Canaveral excellent! I will be certain to pass your compliments on to both our breakfast and shuttle teams.

Please accept my apologies that there was a musty smell in your room. I have addressed these concerns with our Housekeeping Team and assure you everything in our power is being done so that this will not occur again in future. Thank you for taking the time to send us this feedback!

We hope to have the future opportunity to host you again very soon. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Kalyn Eastman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff was awesome! They were really nice and even called to make sure we were doing ok and had everything we needed. The rooms were average to below average, beds were comfy enough for a one night stay and we were so close to the port that the lower quality of the rooms almost didn't matter...but only almost. Given another chance I'd stay somewhere else unless they upgrade the rooms. They were very musty smelling, were very dingy, not great lighting, but they did well enough for a one-time, one night stay.
Overall, not worth the cost unless they put a little money into the guest rooms!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tellemarie
Dear tellemarie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I greatly appreciate your compliments to our staff. I am so pleased to hear that they went above and beyond for you. I will be certain to pass on your compliments to our team!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the need to update the condition of the rooms. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your room had a musty odor and that you found the lighting too dim. I am happy to share with you that this property will be undergoing a renovation! We are very excited about the "face lift" the hotel will receive and hope to have the opportunity to host you again once these changes are complete!

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it and look forward to having you with us again soon!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean. Our room did have an awful musty smell. The pool area is nice. There's a hot tub, pool, and kids pool. The staff was very helpful. Front desk was very knowledgeable about the area. The lady working the desk let us know about places to see. The breakfast didn't have a very big selection of breakfast foods.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank abronkema
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear abronkema,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am please to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff went above and beyond in guest service!

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the musty smell in the room and the need to improve the variety of the breakfast. I have addressed these concerns with our team and assure you they will be corrected in future.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to have the future opportunity to host you again!

Canton,ga
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Location can't be beat. Only five minutes from the port. Hotel has parking available during cruise and provides very good shuttle service to and from the port.breakfast was typical , but fresh and service good. Housekeeping was slow, but hotel seemed full. Several good restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LovetoeatCanton_ga
Dear LovetoeatCanton_ga,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's nearness to the Port Canaveral cruise ships!

Thank you for your compliments to our shuttle and breakfast teams and the service they offered. I will be certain to pass these comments onto our team!

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to a future opportunity to host you again!

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We hit the cape for a one night stay before our Disney cruise. It was also a boat show weekend so all the hotels were booked. I usually don't like to pay $179 for a room BUT I had very few choices. It was well worth it. The staff was excellent at this hotel. The counter service was very friendly and I even talked to a grounds guy who told us where to eat dinner! (I suggest "rock the guac") really good Mexican food and not expensive. Even the kids plates are huge.
The hotel was full, but was still clean, and breakfast was great. The hot tub has a water fall and is very relaxing :)
Great experience, nice clean rooms. Ours had two comfy full size beds and a pull out sofa in the living room. We slept 7 In Our room.
I think this is the closest hotel to the cruise terminal and they even do cruise parking at a discount.

I would highly recommend this place :)

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Mruizinla
Dear Mruizinla,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral, Florida! I am so pleased that your stay with us was an excellent one! It is wonderful to hear that our staff went above and beyond for you in service and that you enjoyed our free buffet breakfast! I will be certain to pass your compliments on to our team.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Cape Canaveral area! Thank you once again for your review.

Have a great day,

Ashland, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Spent the night before boarding a cruise. The hotel offers a park and shuttle to the port terminals which is very convenient. The Staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice. We did have an issue with our Air conditioner but I finally got it working and it cooled the room down rather quickly. The shuttle service was very organized, and pickup was completed in a reasonable time. All and all we would stay there again if we drive to Florida for a cruise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Chad S,

Thank you for reviewing Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, FL! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our nearness to the Port Canaveral cruise ships and that our shuttle service was enjoyable, well organized, and efficient! I appreciate your compliments to our staff. I will be certain to pass these comments on to our team!

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you initially experienced a problem with your air conditioning. Please do not hesitate to contact our Front Desk if there is ever anything we may assist you with in future! It is our pleasure to resolve any issues to the best of our ability!

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to hosting you again very soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 6 stayed one night at the hotel. It was fine for a one night stay (leak in the sink which drained on the floor and couch was pretty filthy even for our lay back standards). The front desk staff was very helpful and the shuttle got us to the cruise terminal without a hitch. Coming off the ship was another matter. The shuttle to take us back to the hotel did not show up until late. That would have been fine if the arrival time would have been ccommunicated to us when we called to ask about it. We called after waiting to be picked up to see how much longer it would be and were told that they are not allowed to estimate arrival time (which does not increase your confidence in getting picked up.) We happened to see a shuttle pull up to a different area then we were told to meet the driver and hopped on. Had we not happened to see it in the distance we would have been sitting there all day. I think they only had 2 shuttles for all the cruise passengers. I would not recommend the park and cruise package to others until they rectify the shuttling issues.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank LovinLife47
Dear LovinLife47,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback very much.

I am thrilled to hear that our Front Desk Team was helpful in arranging your shuttle to the cruise terminal. I will be certain to pass on your compliments to our team.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the drain issue you experienced with the sink as well as the concerns you shared involving the return shuttle from the port. I have addressed these concerns with our team and assure you everything in our power is being done so this does not occur again in future.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in future! Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Have an excellent day,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!