“Most excellent location for Port or Cape Cananveral”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family of 12 took up 4 rooms at the Country Inns & Suites by Carlson, Cape Canaveral, July 6. Our ages were from 9 - 66. We drove the the airport in Orlando ( a short trip) and then relaxed at the hotel before boarding the Disney Cruise ship. We didn't have to hurry to do anything. Aside from that fact, the hotel was very accomodating, breakfast was very good, we didn't need lunch. The children enjoyed a very clean pool. The adults enjoyed very clean and spacious rooms. I heard people making arrangements to tour Cape Cananveral. All was well with the world.

Room Tip: There are four floors, of course, this floor would or should be most quiet. Some of us were on the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Lennea S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrileld to hear that you had an excellent stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our free hot breakfast, inviting pool, high cleanliness standards, spacious rooms, and cruise shuttle efficiency. I'm honored to have you and your family as our guests.

Sean Esposito

Write a ReviewReviews (2,363)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We saw the reviews on Trip Advisor Country Inns & Suites and we had a very pleasant stay before our cruise the next day. We booked a suite. 3 People - 2 Adults and a fourteen year old that used the sleeper couch. Enough space - 2 beds and my daughter had privacy, we had a view towards the cruise ships. Free Breakfast and very reasonable rates. They offer a shuttle to the port at a small fee and plenty taxis if you want to go for dinner.
I have to mention - the staff were all very helpful and friendly, from reception to breakfast and beyond. Kalyn is such a hard worker and the lady in the breakfast room too.
I was impressed how the staff at reception handled the customers. Thank you ! We will use your hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank granitas

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about the great view from your room, free hot buffet breakfast, reasonable rates, and our efficient shuttle. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize the hard work of our breakfast host and Kalyn our Front Office Manager! I'm honored to have you as our guests and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was a great stop on our Florida adventure! Neat, clean, easy access to beaches, restaurants and attractions. Great breakfast, pool, and laundry facilities. Everything we needed for our trip!

Room Tip: Staff is friendly and kind. Ask them if you need special accommodations!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mara D
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello Mara D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an awesome experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about hour high cleanliness standards, great location, free hot breakfast, pool, and friendly staff members. I'm honored to have you as our guests and look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here the night before we left for our cruise and used the shuttle service they offer to get to the ship and come back. We left our car in their cruise lot, and it was a very nice stay. We were able to schedule a shuttle time to get to the ship, and all we had to do was call when got back. Shuttle drivers were very personable and polite. Staff was friendly and room was nice. I will suggest if you want to get to the ship early that you get to your hotel early because shuttle times are first come first serve and space can be limited on different shuttle times.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Billy V

Hello Billy V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you and you wife had a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the great comments about our friendly staff and overall experience. I'm honored to have you both as our guests and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Hotel went above and beyond to accommodate us and many other traveler that were hosed up by Carnival Cruises 2013 mess of ship troubles. All employee's that we dealt with were so helpful. The hotel itself was very nice, clean, good morning Breakfast, the staff kept up even though it was very busy. The housekeeping staff also were wonderful. The only thing I could say against them was that the pool including and especially the kiddie pool were freezing. And Feb. in Florida an outside pool obviously needs a little help warming the water up. The Whirlpool was nice and big and perfect temp. The pool was always out of towels. I don't know if this was due to the capacity of the hotel, or other reasons, the staff never had an answer to why there were no towels.

Room Tip: we got a 1 room suite for 4 adults and had more than enough room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lori730

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond to accomodate you and your family! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our friendly staff. I'm honored to have you as our guests and hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at Country Inn for 1 night prior to our Disney cruise. We couldn't wait to get out of there. It's an old motel full of cruisers. I would have to say that the service wasn't bad even though they are mostly college-age employees (at the front desk & shuttle coordinator). Nice kids. The room we stayed in was below average. I wouldn't allow my family to use the red comforter or to walk barefoot in the room/bathroom. The breakfast was below average too. If we go on another cruise in the future, we would rather park at the Disney parking lot for easy access to our car. We waited a long time (at least 30 min) for the Country Inn shuttle bus to pick us up after the cruise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so that we can continually improve our services. I hope we will have an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We drove down 10 hours to stay at the Country Inn & Suite. I originally chose this hotel because of the reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. To say the least, I wasn't disappointed. Everything was clean. The front desk staff was super nice and welcoming. Breakfast was okay. The breakfast lines were long and we had trouble finding somewhere to sit, but what do you expect when the majority of hotel guests may be pre-cruise guests. I would advise others to make sure they go to breakfast as early as possible. The transfer to and from the ship was quick, simple, and convenient. We left our cell phone charger in the room the morning of embarkation and I had to call the hotel to make sure that they held on to it. The front guest guy who answered the phone was really nice about it and made us feel comfortable and at ease that when we returned, our charger would be waiting for us and sure enough it was. We would recommend this hotel anyday to anyone.

2  Thank MattBJJalenmom

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our high cleanliness standards, friendly staff, efficient shuttle transportation, and our comforting lost and found procedures. I'm honored to have you as our guests and look forward to your next cruise vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!