“Points stay before Cruise..”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
South Carolina
“Points stay before Cruise..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a room here using carlson points since its close to the cruise terminals and they offer a park and ride plan.

The hotel was cozy and quiet and staff were all pleasant.

The park and ride cruise plan...$40 was cheaper than the $60 that the port wanted but if I was going to do it over again I would save myself ALOT of time by just parking at the cruise terminal.
By the time you tip the shuttle driver and then the porter you have already lost any savings.
The worst part is when you call to be picked up after returning from your cruise.....wait and wait,we ended up just catching a taxi and going back to the hotel to fetch our car.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our shuttle drivers do their best to be a quick and efficient as possible and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I'm happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that you were pleased with our staff. We appreciate you being a Club Carlson member and I'm delighted that you were able to use your points for this visit!

I appreciate your comments and hope to see you return in the future!

Sean Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
NWIN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here prior to our Feb 9th cruise. We had the park & cruise package for our family of 5 & could not have made a better choice.
Our room accommodated us perfectly, with a large room for my husband & I, & a "partitioned off" area for our 3 kids which had bunk beds, plus a twin & their own TV. There was also a micro/fridge, a good sized table & roomy bathroom.
Most importantly, the hotel shuttle to take us to & from the port ran smoothly & in a very organized manner. This hotel has this down to a science...no problems whatsoever! The shuttle drivers are great & very friendly!
Pool area is beautiful, all the staff was fantastic, & the complimentary breakfast was very good too!
If you need a great hotel near the port, look no further!

1 Thank Kellith
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that we are the "perfect" hotel! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our popular Family Suites and the efficiency of our Cruise package and shuttle service! I'm delighted that our staff was "fantastic" and that they made a lasting impression on you and your family.

Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you and your family return in the very near future!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here before our Disney Cruise, the staff was short and abrupt. The room smelled like mildew. It appears the previous guest spilled coffee on the quilt, When we went to sleep, the smell of coffee on the quilt was very strong. The front desk didn't offer to do anything about it.
The breakfast was very good and location was excellent.
However, next time we will stay at the Radisson at the Port...the staff there was very friendly and warm, rooms are clean.

I will not return to Country Inn.

1 Thank NYCFamilyOf3
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced issues during your stay. Typically our Front Desk staff is friendly and courteous and I apologize that this was not the case during your stay. I'm also very sorry that we did not meet our high cleanliness standards during your stay. If you could please contact me to discuss your stay in further detail, I would greatly appreciate it.

I look forward to speaking with you.

321-784-8500
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our family of 3 stayed at the Cape Canaveral Country Inn the night before our cruise. The staff was very helpful in arranging our shuttle to and from the cruise. The breakfast was great and the staff kept the dining area stocked and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and recommendation. I hope you return very soon!

Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff was very helpful and pleasant at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The restaurants at the Cruise Terminal are very close and very good. The room still had a small, fuzzy tube TV. The laundry room on the 4th floor was dirty and the dryer had so much lint that the lint screen didn't go all the way down...a potential hazard. But overall it was a decent hotel and close to Kennedy Space Center which was our main goal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was very helpful and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you letting us know about the lint in the dryer and I have forwarded your concerns to our Executive Housekeeper. I'm happy this did not keep you from enjoying your stay with us! I hope you return in the near future!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our second stay at Country Inn and Suites. In August we stayed the night before a cruise, dropped off our rental car in the am at the rental place right next to the hotel and left. This time we drove down- Country Inn has a package where you can leave your car and they drive you to the ship and pick you up when you return. It's cheaper than parking at the cruise port and very close to the port. Since we had stayed there before we figured we would give the package a try. The hotel is clean and very nice and the breakfast is wonderful. The staff is all very welcoming - we have to mention Becca at the front desk, Crystal and Duane (Go Miami Dolphins!) who get you to the ship and back and Paige in the breakfast room who bustles around making sure you don't need anything. We had planned to get off as quickly as possible when we docked and were a bit worried we would have to wait for our ride, but as promised we called and they were there in a flash. Very pleased with the package and will do it again if we cruise out of Port Canaveral.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your return visit with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our popular Cruise Parking package and our free hot buffet breakfast. Thank you for recognizing Becca, Crystal, Duane, and Paige - they are an asset to our success and I'm pleased that they made a lasting impression on you!

I appreciate your wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you return in the very near future!

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The whole experience at this hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant all around. One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Duluth2013
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and staff recognition. I hope you return very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!