“A bit tired but nice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a great time in Cape Canaveral but the hotel looks like it needs a little renovation.
The staff and facilities are great though. The kids especially loved the waffle maker at breakfast.
It is worth getting up early to watch the sunrise on Cocoa Beach too.

• Stayed: August 2012
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that our staff and facilities are great and that your kids enjoyed our fresh made waffles!

Thank you for your comments and recommendation. I hope you're able to return soon to see another beautiful Sunrise!

Warm Regards,

Sean Esposito

Write a ReviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I am travel agent that booked a group going on a family reunion cruise out of Port Canaveral, FL on July 12,2012. This was the 2nd cruise group that I booked within a year, where I traveled with the group. April 2011, the group and I stayed at a hotel nearby and had several problems. This year I decided to have the group stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Cape Canaveral; we stayed the night before the cruise, Wednesday, July 11, 2012. From the minute we walked into the lobby, we were received very warmly by the Front Desk personnel AND the Sales Manager, Tina Gradilone. Although there had been months of pre-planning to prepare for our arrival, I found that all details were in order. All of our rooms were ready and were "extremely clean". We were able to use the "Breakfast Room" Wednesday evening, to have a short "Meet & Greet" meeting. Family members complimented on the cleanliness of the outdoor pool. Everyone was more than pleased with the complimentary FULL HOT BREAKFAST offered the next morning. I was very impressed with how organized they were with getting our group onto the shuttle for the ride to the cruise terminal. In summary, I was so impressed with the service and the cleanliness that I planned to have all the cruise groups that I book to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral. Thank you, Ms. Tina Gradilone and your staff for a job well done!
GLOBAL VOYAGE TRAVEL, Fayetteville, GA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your comments and staff recognition. I am very proud to hear of you and your group's experience and that Tina was an integral part of its success. I'm thrilled to hear that your entire group commented on our "extremely clean" hotel and that everyone had such a great stay. Our staff will be so happy to read your review!

I am delighted to hear that you will be booking all your clients with us! Thanks again for your glowing comments, staff recognition, recommendation, and return business.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for the night while traveling by motorcycle. Walking in the front lobby there was the wonderful smell of fresh baked cookies! That is a small perk, but it is very nice, especially after coming in off the road. I appreciate the small things, such as fresh-baked cookies, and fresh coffee kept on-hand all throughout the day, not just in the morning during breakfast.

We spent time around the pool area, very nice! They have a well kept nice sized pool, and hot tub. They also have a fenced in, "waterpark/play area", for small children. I thought that was a nice perk for families traveling with smaller kids.

the room we had was nice and clean, well kept, and in good repair. Actually the building appears to be pretty new.

During the morning, it appeared to be a bit chaotic. There was a lot of commotion with families trying to catch their shuttles to go to the cruise ships. But still, the staff seem to be functioning very well.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay! I always love traveling with my motorcycle and I am glad we could make such a great impression during your motorcycle travels. Thank you for the wonderful comments and staff recognition.

We greatly appreciate your review and recommendation. We hope your two wheel travels brings you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

as soon as we arrival the hotel had the wonderful smell of fresh bake cookies! check in was smooth and quick. The rooms was clean and quite.the pool was amazing and relaxing. shuttle drive Krystal made the ride to cruise enjoyable. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and "strongly" recommend our hotel! I'm glad the inviting scent of our fresh baked cookies caught your attention and that it was followed up by a smooth and quick check-in! That’s impression we strive for.
Thank you for mentioning the high cleanliness standards of our hotel. We strive to meet these high standards every day.
Thank you for recognizing our shuttle driver Crystal. She is an asset to our success and I am glad she made your shuttle ride to you cruise ship enjoyable.

Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. I hope you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have stayed here several times as a pre-cruise stay. Now that you pay for parking as a package deal (used to be free) and you can't sign up for the shuttle until you checkin (used to sign up when booked) this hotel has become less of a value. The free breakfast is over crowded as are the shuttles. It no longer made sense to me to book this hotel because it was closest to the port and our Disney Cruise. Even with being a Club Carlson member.
I will say the room was nice and clean this time. Bathroom was nice size. Microwave and minifridge good.
Just looking for a little less chaos further down the road next time. We always go to Publix before the cruise anyway.

• Stayed: April 2012
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disapointed to hear that you did not see the value in our Park and Cruise package. I am happy that you mentioned the cleanliness of our hotel and enjoyed our ammenities. I appreciate you staying with us and wish you the best in your future travels.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here overnight to catch the shuttle to our Royal Carribbean Cruise during Spring Break. This was a cost saving package and the service is very organized and secure. We had our doubts at first but our cars were safe and the transportation was on time and very comfortable. Due plan to stay here again during our next cruise and have recommended your services to other cruisers. Children also enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: Stay here to rest from driving, prior to getting on cruise ship.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning soon for your next cruise vacation! Thank you for mentioning the cost savings, organization, and that our lot is secure for our popular Park and Cruise package. I'm glad that you enjoyed these services and have already recommended them to your family and friends!

I'm also glad that your children enjoyed the pool while soaking up some Florida sunshine! Thanks again for your wonderful comments and recommendations.

See you soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here before a Disney cruise with my family of 5. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool and pool area were kept in very good condition. They also have a rather large complimentary buffet breakfast compared to the other types if hotels I have stayed in for this category.
Included in the price is a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port. You can leave your car all week in their front parking lot while you are in the cruise. They also picke us up after the cruise was over.

• Stayed: July 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us! I am happy to hear that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff - thank you!

Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope we see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!