I had another positive experience at this hotel. I stay here every time I cruise leaving from Port Canaveral because the property is nice and Dwayne and his wife take excellent care of everyone wanting to get from the hotel to the port and back.
This was the first time I had to get a room with queen beds because they were out of king beds. Their queen bed is not as big as the queen bed I have at home. When I asked about this they said that they realized that their queen bed is small but that is what they offer in a queen bed. So, if you are a big person like me book early to get a king bed because what they call a queen bed is closer to a full size bed. In fact my wife and I ended up sleeping in separate beds because there was not enough room and we always sleep in a queen at home. Please do not pretend these are queen beds. Just because you call them a queen bed does not make them a queen beds. You should call them what they are a full-size bed.
Breakfast was as good as one would expect a hotel breakfast to be but the dinning room was very smoky from the cooking area. An exhaust fan might help with that. The property is clean and I feel safe walking around at night to stretch my legs. It is also close to the pier, where you can get an amazing cheese burger at Marlins. The hotel staff did a pretty good job with some of the kids that were behaving badly in the hallways but should probably called their parents after the second or third time they corrected their behavior.
Before I end this comment I have to go back to Dwayne and his wife. I have never experienced such consistent quality service from anywhere else in the hotel industry as I have from these two. I have stayed in this hotel and utilized their services 3 years in a row and they are nothing short of excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in comfort when lodging at the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL with rooms styled in tropical decor for a retreat feel and equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and free Wi-Fi for the ambiance of home. Conveniently located near Port Canaveral, this hotel ensures a pleasant and memorable stay for its guests seeking fun in the sun at Cocoa Beach, adventure at the Kennedy Space Center or easy access to the cruise terminal at Port Canaveral. Hotel guests can cool off in one of two pools, stay in shape at the on-site Fitness Center, connect with friends via free Internet access and take advantage of cruise parking packages with a shuttle service to the port. At the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL, guests enjoy home comforts, convenient services and an ideal location near Port Canaveral, making this hotel a great relaxation destination in Cape Canaveral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Country Inns And Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral
- Country Inn Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Country Inn