“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had another positive experience at this hotel. I stay here every time I cruise leaving from Port Canaveral because the property is nice and Dwayne and his wife take excellent care of everyone wanting to get from the hotel to the port and back.

This was the first time I had to get a room with queen beds because they were out of king beds. Their queen bed is not as big as the queen bed I have at home. When I asked about this they said that they realized that their queen bed is small but that is what they offer in a queen bed. So, if you are a big person like me book early to get a king bed because what they call a queen bed is closer to a full size bed. In fact my wife and I ended up sleeping in separate beds because there was not enough room and we always sleep in a queen at home. Please do not pretend these are queen beds. Just because you call them a queen bed does not make them a queen beds. You should call them what they are a full-size bed.

Breakfast was as good as one would expect a hotel breakfast to be but the dinning room was very smoky from the cooking area. An exhaust fan might help with that. The property is clean and I feel safe walking around at night to stretch my legs. It is also close to the pier, where you can get an amazing cheese burger at Marlins. The hotel staff did a pretty good job with some of the kids that were behaving badly in the hallways but should probably called their parents after the second or third time they corrected their behavior.

Before I end this comment I have to go back to Dwayne and his wife. I have never experienced such consistent quality service from anywhere else in the hotel industry as I have from these two. I have stayed in this hotel and utilized their services 3 years in a row and they are nothing short of excellent!

Room Tip: Get a King size bed. What they call a queen is a full.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fishandwassabi
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the wonderful comments about Duane and Crystal! They are indeed an asset to our success and I appreciate their dedication to our guests. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding our queen beds. I double checked to ensure that they are true queens and they do measure up. Our Queen Beds are 60 inches x 80 inches which is the American Standard. I am happy to hear that this did not keep you from having an enjoyable visit.

Thanks again for your comments and recommendation. I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy staying with us every time you cruise out of Port Canaveral. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Sean Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
USA
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here with numerous family members and friends before our cruise and everyone in our party was very impressed with the accomadations, facility and staff members. We used the park and cruise option and were amazed by how easy they made it to get to the port and come back to your car afterward. Several of us had never cruised before and were anxious about getting over there, so this was a really nice surprise. Our room was very clean and modern. I didn't use the pool but it looked like an upgrade over most hotel pools.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you and your fellow group members had such a wonderful time! Thank you for ranking us "Impressive" and giving credit to our great staff.

I appreciate your wonderful comments and recommendation. I pass all comments on to our staff and they will be very thankful for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights in June 2012. First time at this Country Inn. Had all the essentials: clean, quiet room, free wifi and breakfast. It's very close to the port. Perfect for a one night stay pre-cruise. As I was in the area for several days on business, I would have preferred something closer to the beach and the shops/restaurants in Cocoa Beach. Still, no complaints and I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bklwashere
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for your wonderful comments and recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Fredericksburg,Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have never stayed at a Country Inn and Suites that was not clean. I'm not sure what happened with the recent posters comment, especially the small rooms. We had a 2 Queen suite with a sofa bed for 3 adults and two teens. We stayed there the night before our cruise and left our car, returned a week later and stayed two more nights to do some activities in the area. Our room was spotless and we asked to be put on the next mornings shuttle for the port. We had no problems arranging that. The pool is large and clean. We spent the afternoon and evening at the pool, picked up some mexican food and enjoyed it by the pool and hot tub that night. The next morning all the cruise folks were sent to a large waiting room and they called your name to get on the shuttle. Things went smooth and we were at the port in minutes. I believe the inn is the closest one to the cruise terminal. Upon returning, we called the card the bus driver gave us and waited a short time for the shuttle to return. The driver was very informative and gave us some coupons for free drinks or desserts at a local restaurant on the water. She also told us about a place just minutes from the hotel that we could observe manatees and ususally dolphins in the water. We went there and she was right, we saw both! The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The hotel is very close to the Kennedy Space Center and restaurants, Cocoa Beach and stores. There is a laundry room on each floor that we used after we returned from our cruise. Also, a business center that has two computers and a printer for the guests to use free of charge. The breakfast has a good variety of food including waffles. On our way home back to Virginia, we stopped in South Carolina (Florence, right off of I95) and stayed at another Country Inn and Suites and found the same cleanliness and quality at that hotel also. The price was reasonable and leaving our car there during our cruise cost us less than leaving it at the terminal parking lot.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the pool and the one we had faced the parking lot towrds Cocoa Beach. We could see...
2 Thank BeachGirly58
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for writing such a detailed review regarding your recent experiences at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had such wonderful stays! I greatly appreciate the details you included in your review as well as the staff acknowledgements. I am happy that our staff accommodated you and also gave you great information about local area attractions. I'm glad you were able to see some local animals like dolphins and manatees.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and services. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and recommendation. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Athens, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was spotlessly clean, had comfortable beds and very friendly staff. It was not fancy and not particularly cheap, but the convenience of parking while cruising and having transportation to the cruise, along with the free breakfast mitigated the cost a lot. The breakfast was pretty good - they had waffles, which made my grandson happy! I would definitely stay here again if embarking on a cruise from Cape Canaveral.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KayDye
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, the free hot breakfast, and the other cost benefits you experienced. It's great to hear that your grandson enjoyed our fresh waffles.

I appreciate your wonderful comments and recommendation. I am happy to hear that we will be seeing you in the future!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed the night at this hotel prior to boarding our Royal Caribean cruise out of Cape Canaveral and found the hotel perfect for what we wanted. It was close to the Cruise dock, the breakfast was free and plentiful, the shuttle was easy to use, and we could leave our car at the hotel for less then parking at the cruise dock. The pool was surprisingly large and nice. Signing up for the shuttle was a bit of a hassle as they only wanted to fill the times in a sequential order, so if you want to go later in the morning, wait to sign up till the earlier shuttles are full. Coming home from the cruise dock, the wait was a bit longer then we would have liked, but did not find Duane rude- just a bit boisterous in his requests for tips. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our amenities like our free hot breakfast and parking benefits. I am also happy that you were pleased with our hotel being the closest to the cruise ship terminals.

I appreciate your wonderful comments and recommendation. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was OK. It was a little dirty and our room was very small. The pool was good, and very large. However, the location is the best part of this hotel! The cruise shuttle is nice and very fast. Also, the breakfast is very good, with a large variety of items. Overall, I would stay here again only for the shuttle service and location!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we did not meet our high cleanliness standards during your stay. This is out of the ordinary for us and I will be forwarding this review on to our Executive Housekeeper. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and shuttle service to your cruise ships. I am also very happy to hear that you will be returning in the future.

We look forward to having you stay with us soon!

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!