Jetty Park Campground
  • Breakfast included
$199
$193
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
$123
$148
HIExpress.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Royal Mansions Resort(Cape Canaveral)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscamp storefull hookupstent campingtravel trailerclean restroomscamp groundlaundry roomscruise ships come and gowatching the cruise shipsrocket launchleaving portshort walkwashers and dryerswi ficlose to kennedy space centercocoa beachshuttle launch
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just returned from our first tent camping experience. I am giving this review from a tent campers perspective. We have gone to the beach at jetty many times, and it is my favorite beach on the atlantic side. As close as you can get in the central part of florida to a nice, Gulf beach experience. Dont get me wrong, i know what to expect at the ocean. things are rusty, bathrooms are damp, etc. I just think the bath facilities were deplorable! We, of course had to use the bath house the duration of our stay, and first-of the three showers, one was broken-one was only dripping, and one worked, although it was mildewy and very slippery, with a small slope near the drain that my daughter fell on. The sink stands in the main bathroom area were broken and falling apart, and it was never cleaned during our stay. My husband said the mens room smelled like sewer the whole time as well . Were just thinking for the 40 bucks a night, they could put a little bit of money back into the park. The camp set ups seemed to be awkward, some people had nice sized lots, and some had narrow spaces. Our electric was on the other side of the pad from our space, so we had to have a long extension cord across to the tent. The best shady spots are certainly the "primitive" spots, but-no electric was a deal breaker for me. So, we got one along the road (some road noise). Most campers were quiet and polite, but there was a big rowdy group of young people that were making noise way past 11. I think if you stayed here in an rv, your experience would be much different-no nasty bathrooms to deal with, and privacy inside. I might stay here again, if i didnt tent camp!

FOr the price we paid, i feel like it was worth it, although it was still to far to walk to the ocean, from our space (15), with all of our beach stuff. Its probably half a mile walk from the back of the campground to the beach area. when its hot, you wouldnt want to walk that far with gear and kids.

FYI, there is no wifi available, even at a price-so if that is important to you, you wont find it here-i couldnt pick up any signals.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I bought a $50 dollar parking pass for the year last week. I was driving my car at the time and didn't think much of the sticker they gave me to put on my window. But now this weekend we wanted to go and bring the fishing poles so we were going to take our truck...the rude lady behind the desk said that we had to pay ANOTHER $50 if we wanted to drive another vehicle. They said you are registering the vehicle not the person. So if you were to get a new car or your car breaks down or you just want to drive your truck that will fit your stuff....you have to pay ANOTHER $50. Up until today I loved this park and spend my money at the concession stand and bait shop...not anymore. Wish could have been more understanding!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank drfury
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Well I read many reviews for Jetty Park before arriving, in fact we almost didn't book a camp site based on some reviews. Well I am going to tell you that would have been a big mistake. This campground was AWESOME and we will go back in a heart beat. The campground was packed with families, returning campers, full time campers, etc. We were greated by a few older RV's who loved to see the family aspect of our travel. The campground was clean, we never saw any of the ferel cats or coons that were said to be a nusance. The bathrooms were clean and very well kept, and modern. The playground is new and very big. The noise at night was NOT present as other stated, the boats in and out of port were not even heard. The beach is close and easy to walk to, although those who are camping near the gates do loose some privacy. The beach was clean and well kept. Lifeguards on duty and the waters were safe. We were on the beach early in the morning with many people walking and riding bikes. The fishing area was clean and in use by many (next time we will bring our poles). We saw not only many police vehicles patrolling but also a citizen patrol car. We ate dinner on recommendation at the "Grill" which was great food and atmosphere. It was packed on a Wednesday night and even though we had young kids, dinner at 830 was not an issue for us. Our son's birthday was that night and the "Grill" helped celebrate his Bday in style with a free cake. Dinner was some of the best food we had on our trip.

The highlight of our stay was seeing the nuc submarine leave port early in the morning, what an experience.

Not only will we return to Jetty Park Campground but we have told all our friends about it. You better book a site early, it fills up fast and we know why. Pat at the front desk was right, it is a great place. Your so close to the town but separated from it with a great campground. We went to the Space Center on one of our days which I highly recommended, a great value for what you get to experience!

We stayed at 5 different campgrounds on this trip and this was one of the best. Sure it's not a luxury campground like Disney's Wilderness, but it's one of only a few that you can walk to the ocean.

Suggestions I would make to the campground. Fill in the holes in the drive loops, some of the concrete slabs need to be redone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank wtresq
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The beaches of Cape Canaveral can be considered a hidden treasure of the Space Coast, since many people use the beaches of Cocoa Beach, the next city south. The key to this hidden treasure? The locals work, on their own time, to maintain its beauty, especially the dunes. We love to see you enjoying the beauty the teamwork of the city, the locals, and mother nature have worked SO HARD to maintain and preserve. The locals, ask one thing of you: PLEASE DO NOT WALK IN THE DUNES. Each time you step in the dune, whether to find a new path, avoid people, or just because, know that you are irreparably damaging years of hard work, and endangering the safety of the environment around the dunes. These dunes are not only beautiful treasures-they keep the hoses near the beach safer from hurricanes, prevent beach erosion, shelter wildlife nests, and are home to many species of plants and animals. Please take into consideration those who remain once your vacation ends. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank TheBeachDaisy
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I live within 15 minutes of Jetty Park, with the nice weather we decided on a quick camping trip to get outside for a weekend. We use the grounds a good bit as it is a short walk from our home and find the property during the day to have a good feel and very tourist friendly. However this evening after we get into our campsite cook up a nice dinner and lay down to enjoy the sounds of the port at night (tough to beat). We find that we are 2 campsites away from a group of 10 young adults, they carry on (Car radios at full blast, yelling, screaming, walking though other campsites, and more and more) for well over 7 hours til almost 3am. With pleas from us and multiple other campers to hold it down falling on deaf ears to the group. This of course is the joy of camping and to be expected, However the real problems began around 230am when the well intoxicated guests start driving in and out of the campsite. When a car slides out and actually knock the side of my tent just a mere 4 feet from my daughters head I make my call to "security" to ask for aid in this matter to only get a machine, the group at this point was entirely too intoxicated to negotiate with. I finally give up and load the children and drive off at 3:30 am. Upon leaving I find cars going in and out (the groups guests -up to 30 additional guests) with no security controlling the area. When I informed the "security" of the issue the next day, the only thing they seemed upset by was that the guests had a open pit in the campground where they had burned wood(Charcoal only at jetty park). Be for-warned you are on your own evidently from 7pm on.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family