We stayed at Jetty Park campground 3 nights at the end of February, beginning of March 2006. The park is at a excellent location and is next to the Port Canaveral inlet to the Atlantic Ocean and has a really nice fishing pier. We called and made reservations and also was told there was a bait shop available. A restaurant was going to open soon, they told us probably the day after we left. My comment card, which I turned in on the way out and the office staff didn't say thank you, just took it has the following items:
1. The cost is to high for this campground. There are no paved or gravel pads.
2. The water in the mens bathroom near out site had very little pressure and was barely hot. My wife said the womens bathroom had hot water.
3. The campground was full of weeds and not well mowed or taken care of.
4. On their campground map they show the sites. However, they squeezed in and made new temporary sites in between some. I thought we were next to a open area and surprise, they had temporary cardboard signs with site number 110A. I wonder if the health department and zoning are aware they are adding sites.
5. There was no telephone at the campground. We do not carry a cell phone and this was inconvenient that we had to leave the park to use the phone. The phone next to the office said "out of order" all three days.
6. The campground site we had was littered with cigarette butts and the charcoal pit was not cleaned prior to our checkin.
7. Our water connection was on the wrong side for a backin - and we had to share it with the neighbors, who luckily had a y adapter because we were not offered one by the park management.
We may go back but not for a while. I'll wait till I talk to someone else who goes and says it is better than I experienced.
- Also Known As:
- Jetty Park Campground Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Jetty Park Cape Canaveral