“Great accommodation and service in the perfect location for our trip”

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 3 nights in December. We chose the Inn for its easy access to the Kennedy Space Centre and also for Orlando International Airport. We were very pleased with the king suite - exactly as shown on the hotel website. Spacious, clean and with everything we needed.
Very good service when we checked in with advice given and a booking made for us for the Space Centre and also written directions to and from the Space Centre.
Good ambience in the lobby/breakfast area although it can gen a bit frantic at breakfast time. It is a help yourself buffet breakfast with a great choice of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, pastries as well as cooked options.
Easy access to the internet in a quiet location in the corner of the library area.
Information easily available on where you can eat out in the evening.
A very comfortable 3 night stay - everything that we wanted.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evergreenlochness
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stayed at the Residence inn for 2 nights before our disney cruise. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful as well. The evening cheese and wine reception and bbq the next day was awesome! The poolside bar was ok, the drinks leave a little to be desired,esp. for the price. Everyone here was extremely helpful and pleasant. They went out of their way to do whatever they could for you. We rode the shuttle to the cruise port. Pleasant ride over and back. All around, would definitely stay here again when we go on another family cruise!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scarlett233
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights. Today is my 3rd night. I have 4 yr old and 11 months old daughters. I think this is the best place to travel with young children. Full kitchen allowed us to come back with take out or groceries and eat in so that we do not have to stress out about our over tired children making noise at the restaurants. Kids went to bed early and my husband and I can still be at the living room area and watch TV, write review for TripAdvisor etc. Breakfast had nice selection and hot breakfast is slightly different everyday. There are manager's reception night or other event going to provide appetizer and drink almost everyday. They do dishes and go grocery shopping for you if you need it. You do not have to get cruise package to arrange shuttle to and from Port Canaveral. You just have to let them know by the night before. We went to Seafood Atlantic to get excellent local seafood and brought back to the hotel and ate. My husband liked to get take out from nearby Rubio's Cuban Cafe and ate at the room. Grocery stores, beaches, off course Kennedy Space Center is nearby. It was very nice visit before Disney Cruise. (Disney Cruise shuttle leaves at 10am.)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Eigoya
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Awesome location and real close to Thai Thai restaurant and the port. We had a 2 BR pre-cruise on a Saturday night. Only about a mile from the port and 5 minutes by shuttle to the Freedom of the Seas. The hotel was great, staff friendly, and rooms very clean. The free continental breakfast was a cut above the usual cold cereal, toast and pre-boiled eggs, and included fresh make-it-yourself waffles, hot scrambled eggs, danish pastries and very good hot coffee, in addition to the usual breakfast bar items. The only negative was the very uncomfortable sofa in the living room (almost impossible to sit in without a backache). The beds were extremely comfortable (we even tried to find the manufacturers tags) , and the bathrooms had plenty of hot water and good pressure. The suite had plenty of room for 6 of us. Free cruise parking and cheap shuttle to the port. Definitely recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akupupule
Reviewed October 10, 2009

This hotel is perfect for a pre-cruise stay. They arrange shuttles to/from the port for $6/pp/roundtrip and allow you to leave your car in their parking lot for free. The property is very clean and the staff friendly/helpful. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank seekup
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here before our Carnival Cruise in August 09. This place was great, room size, food, staff. Can't say enough nice things about this property. They were very organized in getting everyone to the cruise ships on time. Can't wait to stay again on our next cruise.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We booked this property based on favourable reviews, and also because I am a Marriott Elite Member and am loyal to the Marriott brand.
This is a "no frills" property. If you are looking for luxury or full service, this is not the place for you. The lobby is bare bones - a small seating area that is used for the complimentary breakfast each day, a small alcove that houses a little store of sorts for sundry items, and that's about it. We were assigned our room on the 1st floor and walked our luggage over - when we entered the room the first thing that hit us was the over powering air freshener that had been used - the second thing that hit us was the fact the refridgerator sounded like a rocket ship. I went back to the front desk and requested another room. The second room we were given was on the 3rd floor and had a quiet fridge, but it too was overwhelmingly scented with a horrible air freshener. Marriott needs to re-think their use of these types of fresheners.
Overall our stay was fair, but it is the next part I have to mention that may not sit well with other travelers. The day after our stay, I noticed several small "bites" on my calves - I know that this is consistent with bed bugs, and truthfully it would not surprise me if it were - I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the room. I am not a pest expert, but there really is no other explanation as I did not spend time outdoors and did not have the opportunity to be bitten by anything else.
I filled out the Marriott online survey that was sent to me following my stay, and I received an email from the GM of the property that was extremely defensive and less than understanding. The GM believes that his property is perfect and basically discredited everything I had to say.
I will not stay at this property again - not because it was a horrible place, because it was not - but because if it is managed by someone who is not open to comments and discussion, I know that this is reflective of the rest of the staff as they tend to follow their leader.....

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!