My family group of 11, with kids ages 8-16, had an excellent stay at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach. This was our third cruise out of Port Canaveral and the Residence Inn met our needs the best.
The hotel is one of the first you see as you exit the highway from Orlando to Cape Canaveral. It is about 5 minutes to the port and within walking distance of restaurants (at this time though, some of the sidewalks are under construction and you have to walk on the street in a short span). It is very clean and nicely laid out. There is a basic pool with a good pool bar, a nice covered patio area with a fire pit and a basketball court. We enjoyed sitting outside in the evening and met other families who were going on our cruise.
Check in was a breeze and out of all the wonderful people at the front desk, I would specifically like to commend Ellie, who helped our 3 families get coordinated, to our rooms and on the shuttle to the port the next morning. Ellie was helpful, friendly and professional. She made our stay so much more pleasant and easy.
We had a 2 bed/2bath suite with living room and kitchen for us and our two teens. I was really impressed by the space, comfort and the privacy that we all had. The room was spotless and the fit and finish was high end: granite countertops, very comfortable beds, 3 flat screen TVs.
The breakfast that is included in the room rate is very good! I was worried that there would be a crowd, but there really isn't. They have waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, bagels, toast, pastries fruit, etc. The breakfast area is pleasant and you can take food back to your room.
We booked the hotel shuttle to the port for $3.00/person through Ellie at the front desk. The shuttle is actually a very comfortable bus and the driver loaded all the luggage. The only downside to the shuttle is waiting at the port for the bus to be processed by the port staff before you can get off. If you take a taxi, you can get out right away and skip the delay.
If we ever cruise out of Port Canaveral again, we will stay at this Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral is your home away from home. Residence Inn is the closest all suite hotel to Kennedy Space Center and one of the closest hotels to Port Canaveral. Our Key West style hotel offers a wide variety of amenities that cater to the leisure and business guest. Guests can visit our many local attractions, including world famous Cocoa Beach, the Brevard Zoo, KSC Visitors Center & shopping at Cocoa Village. Port Canaveral is less than 1 mile away. NASA, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin are a few of the companies that are located a few miles from our front door. All of our guest can enjoy spacious suites that are 50% larger than traditional hotel rooms. All suites include separate living, eating and sleeping areas. Our daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day. Our evening social experience featuring hors d'ouerves, beer and wine, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays with exception of major holidays.This is a great way to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Residence Inn