“So much better! Good for all-”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed January 27, 2007

I was one of those folks that originally (a good while back) posted about Ron Jon's Cape Caribe- Long story short- I was not going back- because, and only because, of the staff. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, motels and resorts in my travels, the staff previously was one of the worst I had experienced. However, we were offered a good deal so, I thought I would give them another try-Boy, what a wonderful difference now! My Husband and I stayed for our anniversary-

Reservations- Pleasant, helpful and experienced.
Front desk- Smiles, eager to please, attentive.
Restaurant- Nice waiter, offered suggestions, prompt
Food- Best burger going- seafood-good, not the best, great munchies.
Pool bar- One gal- she was some what busy- attentive though
Pool staff- smiles, helpful, (they have to ask you to go by regulations)- oh yeah, really rough ones like an intertube for the lazy river, no running and your pool tags to make sure you are a guest) C'mon these are easy enough, standard request.
Overall staff- smiled, helpful, friendly.
Rooms- Tropical, bright, airy and spacious. We had a 2 bedroom- it has plenty of room for 6, 2 baths, full kitchen, whirlpool tib in master bath.
Beds- Hard- bring your foam or topper!
Nothing to do? pleeease! Lazy river, slide, pool, jacuzzi, putt-putt, movie theater, billiards, game room, and the activites too. Just at the resort! Beach is a 4 minute walk. I timed it, with short legs :)
We also went over the causeway to the Banana River and rented jet ski's, you can also rent boats. Ron Jons- The main store right down A1A, provides bike and surf board rentals. You can also charter a fishing boat or go on a cruise, we have done both before. There is quite a bit to choose from. I do love the close proximity from home (Orlando.) The management has made a relevant and positive change at the resort. I am glad I gave them another chance. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank LLMill
SandyAndrews, Manager of Operations at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2007

Dear LLMill,

Thank you for giving us a second chance. While we strive for perfection, there are occasions when things just don’t happen as planned. We appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate the excellent hospitality our guests deserve. We were pleased to see you took advantage of an off season special (one of our best kept secrets are these off season specials!). Thank you for recognizing that our pool rules are typical of most resorts, as we employ these rules for the safety and enjoyment of all guests.

We enjoyed your light hearted comment about things to do…and agree. If our amenity packed resort is not enough, the local community is filled with adventurous opportunities. We will pass your comments on to our staff noting that you not only gave us another opportunity, but you did so with one of your most important dates of the year…your anniversary. Until next time…safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed January 21, 2007

Lots of stuff for young children, but main building is 1/2 mile from the beach, and the beach building has no facilities. Filet Mignon was great for dinner but the veggies were cold both nights, and the service was terrible. Burgers were very good at the Tiki bar. They do not serve breakfast at all. The Portside Galley, about 1/2 mile outside the facility, serves great homemade Breakfast & Lunch.
Staff overall very friendly & helpful.
Room was OK, we had a one bedroom condo style suite. Strangely, you cannot charge drinks or food to your room, so you'll have to carry your cash or wallet to the pool with you. Location next to the docks is OK for viewing the cruise ships as they come and go, but not very pleasant otherwise.
As this is a time share sales operation, be prepared for a long and pressured sales pitch, which is supposed to last 90 minutes. We walked out after 3 hours - the salesperson just would not quit.
If you are willing to give up the half day for the sales pitch, it's a good value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank FloridaScot
SandyAndrews, Manager of Operations at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2007

Dear FloridaScot,

We are pleased your children had plenty of fun activities to enjoy during your stay. It is true our oceanfront building is located directly on the beach and the main poolside building is about 1,800 feet from the beach. We invite all guests to enjoy our complimentary tram ride which continually circles our 26 acre Resort from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

We thank you for your nice comments about our staff. We know a friendly helpful staff can enhance our guest’s experience. We are glad you made the decision to explore ownership of our Resort. While we are a Timeshare resort please note that an ownership presentation is purely voluntary.

We do have many repeat guests who agree with you...we are a good value. We hope you will return as well. Safe Travels...

Reviewed January 11, 2007

Stayed here last year and figured i'd try to give an honest review.
My wife and I stayed for 2 nights before going on a cruise from Port Canaveral. We were offered a 2 night stay for $99/night so we figured why not. Overall the resort is very clean and well maintained. I can't comment on the resort's food except for some appetizers at the tiki bar and a pizza we took to the room both were ok. (rooms were average). The bartender was fine. We got to hang out by the pool and it was nice and relaxing. The people who worked for the resort were no problem.
The timeshare presentation was a little longer that advertised and pretty high pressure. Our 90 minute obligation lasted about 2 1/2 hours.
For the most part, there's not much to do outside the resort. The pier is cool and if the weather is nice, is a great place to eat and have some drinks. You'll go to the surf shop because that's what you do when you're there.
I guess the resort does the best they can with what they have and it's nice to see that they read these reviews. But if the weather doesn't cooperate your stay can probably seem pretty long. Good Luck.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Frank67
SandyAndrews, Manager of Operations at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2007

To: Frank67
Thank you for providing feedback on our Resort. We are happy you found our Resort very clean and well maintained. These two areas are very important to our guest’s experience. We are pleased you found the time to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of our pool. We realize a short stay may provide just a glimpse of our Resort and the local area, but we invite all guests to talk with our guest services staff to find out what’s happening at the Resort and in the local community. They are happy to point out local events, nature tours or places to go. Also our activity staff has a list of daily activities so that guests can participate in the fun. There is always some thing to do. Just a quick review of our extensive amenity list will show everyone they can chose to relax or be active the Ron Jon way! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2007

My kids loved this place!! Yes it is a resort for young children. They played in the pool, they loved the waterslide and the lazy river, they did not want to go to the beach they had too much fun at the pool. We played mini golf, tennis, the kids played in the indoor playground, which was great. We did some activities offered by the resort, like crafts, hole in one. We saw a 2 year old alligator, however we missed the show since we left for 2 days to go to Walt Disney. I think my kids prefered the hotel than Walt Disney. We had a Suite A & B and we were 4 adults and 2 kids, the room was large enough to accommodate all of us and it was clean. I would recommend this hotel for families with young children and maybe we would go again someday. The only downfall of this hotel is the where the bedrooms are located... by the corridor, we had some teenagers come back to their room after 10h00 pm and they would make alot of noise and wake up my kids. You could hear everything in the corridor. That was the only downfall for me.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ShortyOntario

To: ShortyOntario,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have circulated your comments among our staff. It sounds like your family took great pleasure in enjoying our extensive (and fun!) amenities. To hear that your kids enjoyed our Resort better than Disney is music to our ears. Your thoughts are a tribute to our Resort as well as our staff. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 2, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights Thanksgiving week and it was wonderful. We stayed in a one-bedroom that was perfect for the 5 of us and included a full kitchen and laundry facilities. The rooms were very clean, as were the pools and all the grounds. It's great for kids - they have a huge pool, and a separate lazy river as well as a water slide. The hot tub was one of the biggest ones we've seen, having 3 separate circular areas so you never felt "too close" to anyone! They also had mini-golf, shuffleboard, and an indoor play area which the kids loved, as well as movie theatre that we never made it too! The beach is lovely, although from our building we did have to take the hotel "tram", which was fine for a couple days but if I was staying a whole week I'd rather be right on the beach. The staff was all VERY friendly and helpful! It was not crowded, because it was off-season, so that helped I'm sure. We got a great rate that I found on the internet, and when I called and mentioned it they gave us the discount. Hope to make it back next year!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank beachfam
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Went to a timeshare sales presentation that was suppose to last 90 minutes-not. Started at two was out by 5:30 and we were told we could upgrade our free night stay from a studio to a one becdroom but we had to call at 3:00 to see if any were available of course with the wear down from the sales pitch 3:00 came and went so we had a studio for five people which the desk clerk said we could not use, it only sleeps 4, so back and forth to the timeshare desk to the hotel check in desk I went ,by this time I was so tired of it all I just wanted to leave. But we stayed, the room was okay but being so tired from the sales part the room was really all I saw. Needless to say I was worn down to the point that I bought a one week vacation at this resort but am unloading it, I get anxiety attacks just thinking about going to another sales pitch. I can see in the other reviews where this could be more of a prison vacation more than a relaxing one which is what a vacation is all about. I think the sales staff is so pressured into selling this place they forget what it is they are selling(a vacation). And the rules are not for the guest but to impress the new clients sitting on the deck above the pool, the less stuff out there the better it looks. Would rather be at oceanwalk.

Stayed: November 2006
5  Thank funmamame
Reviewed November 11, 2006

We stayed at the Ron Jon for one night before our Disney cruise on Sat., Oct 27.

We had a great experience at this hotel. We arrived at the resort a lot earlier than check-in (around 11:30 am) and a room was ready for us. We stayed in a studio. It was two adults and two children ages 8 & 10.

We ate lunch right at the Ron Jon and the food was good. Server was very friendly and did a good job. The kids swam all afternoon at the pool and had a ball. For dinner we ordered a pizza and ate in the room. During the evening my kids played in the indoor play area. The morning before we left for our cruise the kids enjoyed playing mini golf.

This was a great way to start off the trip. We found the room to be clean and there was a lot of space to unpack if you were staying for a longer visit..All staff members that we encountered were very nice. The check in and check out was very quick and everything went smootly. The hotel staff arranged for Cocoa Beach shuttle to pick us up to take us to Port Canaveral. It was $4 per person. We were the only people in the van and it was a quick trip to the port.

We would stay here again. If we were staying for a longer period we would want a car for other food options. For one or two nights you could get away without a car. You could only get snack type food for breakfast, which was fine for us. We had a fridge in the room and this was great.

This is a great place to just kick back and relax while the kids are having a blast with everything there is to do at the resort.
We did not go to the beach because we were only here for a one night stay so I can not comment on that. I would go back and I would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
#10 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!