Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
“great resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2005

My family and I (18 people) stayed at this resort for 2 days in November, 2004. We wanted a nice place to stay and relax before going on our family cruise. We had 3-2 bedroom deluxe rooms. They were all very clean and decorated nicely. I was very impressed. Most people do not understand that this is a time share resort and you have to bring items such as coffee, shampoo, conditioner. They supply all the dishes, cups, towels etc. We had a pool view balcony. I think its better than an oceanview because the resort is very large and if you have an oceanview you are away from all the activities. Oceanview is great if you want total privacy. They have a shuttle that takes you down to the ocean. The pool is fabulous, lazy river, waterslide, jacuzzi, lots of fun for kids and adults. They have a poolside bar and restaurant. They had a band during the day and raggae music at night. The food was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We met our cleaning lady. She was so outgoing and made it very clear that she would be happy to make our stay as best as she could. We had so much fun here most of us didn't even want to go on the cruise. No one approached us on the time share issues previously stated. Sandy Andrews is on the management team for this resort. I called her to let her know about some of the comments on Trip Advisor. She went on Trip advisor and decided to make some changes to the resort that she felt was necessary to keep visitors happy. For example; the pool closing early. She changed the pool times. I give her alot of credit. How many managers are willing to read the reviews and make immediate changes. She continues to post updates on the sight. I cannot think of any negative things to say about this resort. The only suggestion I can add is that a life guard at the pool would be helpful to families with small children. The resort is great!!!! I will go back.

• Stayed January 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
29 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2004

We stayed at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort from December 9-14 after a small jaunt to Disneyworld. This is an excellent family destination. Our children range in age from 4-12 and there were various activities ongoing to keep them busy. The pool area is fantastic with an awesome waterslide and a really fun lazy river. It was warm and we swam every day even though the locals probably thought we were a little crazy. But hey - we are from Canada and 69 is still warm enough for the pool in my opinion. The gentleman they have doing the magic shows, balloon animals and miming etc. is very talented. He made the most incredible princess crowns and minnie mouse balloons for our daughters and a bow and arrow for my son that actually worked. Very cool! The mini golf is fun for the kids and there is shuffleboard (just a short walk away). The beach is in walking distance and it is a beautiful clean beach right by Jetty Park There is an incredible kids indoor playground that rivals our local "Crash Crawlies" as the best indoor playground I have ever seen. My twins would have been happy to stay in there all day! The hot tub is huge and the perfect temperature!
They had activities scheduled but you had to sign up 24 hours in advance. I don't agree with this one! I think it should be on a drop in basis. Obviously we came at a quiet time of year but I would try to phone the activities department and inquire about signing up and no one would answer. I would leave a message and no one would call me back. This happened twice and after that I just didn't bother. The crafts should have just been available at that time for the few children that were there in my opinion.
This is a time share resort and through out our stay there were many people touring the resort and lots of salesman around. We were approached once and phoned once. The first night in our 1 bedroom suite (which was beautiful and well equipped - 4th floor with a nice view of the pool - balcony- nice size bathroom - full kitchen - washer dryer - easy access to stairs and elevator - very clean) we detected a very strong smell of cigerette smoke. I phoned downstairs to find out if we had been placed in a smoking room as I had requested a non-smoking room. Apparently they have a "voluntary no-smoking policy". In other words if you want to smoke you can. The actual policy states that they would appreciate it if you respected the other guests and smoked on the balcony and that ashtrays were not provided but you could ask for them. Well it sure smelled like everyone was smoking in the rooms. Yuck! For this reason alone I decided not to take the timeshare tour. I would not be interested in a timeshare in a "smoking" building.
The service was excellent at the front desk and the gentleman at equipment rental even remembered my kids room number as they were frequent visitors for equipment exchange. (volleyballs, basketballs, tennis racquets, shuffleboard equip., mini golf equip. etc).
At checkout they were experiencing some problems with the computer so I did not get a receipt. Hopefully everything works out in that area.
Overall an excellent stay and an awesome place for a family vacation. I highly recommend this excellent facility.

• Stayed November 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2004

My wife & I took my mother for the week of Nov 1-7, 2004 (another story in & of itself). Let me start by saying the Cape Caribe is a place you don't need to leave unless you really want/need to. They have just about everything covered. We used the movie theatre 2-3 times, ate at the Reefside Grille 2-3 times also. Best hamburger & best steak sandwich I've had in a long, long time. The grandkids came over from Orlando & used the play room & the arcade area quite a bit. However, the biggest hit was definitely the pool area. Nice large pool area, along with a large hot tub. The lazy river & water slide were also alot of fun. You can stay in the main building, or the oceanside building. The advantage to the main building is the movie theatre, game room, play room, restaurant & so on. However, the oceanside building is only a 2-3 minute shuttle ride away, and the shuttle was available every time we wanted to use it. While we were there, there was an entertainer in the lobby making balloon animals for the kids. He was great. The room we stayed in was a 2-BR lockout that slept 10. Room was immaculate, and had multiple tv's with vcr/dvd combo machines. I read in some earlier reviews that the A/C was loud. They have apparently fixed this problem. The only (and I mean ONLY) thing I had to get over was the view driving in to the resort. You are right beside Port Canaveral. Wonderful for spotting ships, but you also have to look at many many fuel tanks. Very minor issue considering all this place has going for it. We toured the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge near NASA (very worthwhile), and got to watch a nightime rocket launch from our balcony (awesome). We took the 90-minute timeshare sales pitch, and I must admit it was the most low key, low pressure timeshare tour I've ever been on. Overall, if your're looking for a nice beach in a less crowded area, you can't go wrong at the Cape Caribe. We will be back again.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2004

Hello,

My wife and I were at Ron Jon’s Cape Caribe Resort in October 2004. I cant say enough good about the place, the staff was great the pool, lazy river and water slide was great. We saw a movie in the free movie theater, played pin-ball (something that we have not had the chance to do in quite some time). We had a wonderful, relaxing, fun-filled time. I challenged my wife to a game of miniature golf ( I didn’t tell her I wanted to practice my putting) The Food at the Reef Side grill was great, the Tiki bar near the pool was the place to get a iced tea or your beverage of choice.
This is a all inclusive resort, you can even buy souvenirs from the sundry shop. Try it I think you will be as impressed as I am.
Bill Hughey

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2004

This place is great!! The grounds are beautiful. My Husband and I and our 8 year old son stayed here before going on a cruise from Port Canaveral.

The restaurant was fairly priced for families. The rooms come with everything you need to cook-or to make frozen drinks to bring to the pool. I loved the beach-not crowded. The price is not bad either-compared to what it would be to stay down in Cocoa Beach in a just a basic room. You get so much more for your money.

There is also a band by the pool and tiki bar in the afternoon. Very nice -going back again in March 05'.

Oh also they have a small movie theater with movies running all day. You can pop some micro popcorn and head down at night for a movie, Most titles are suited for the whole family.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scotland, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2004

We were booked in Ron Jon when Frances struck. We found it extremely dificult to gain accurate information about when the resort would re-open and what we would do if it did not open. When we did arrive we were delighted with the resort. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Everywhere was clean and tidy and the shuttle bus was great. Our only complaint was that the cooker was not working in the apprtment the day we arrived, and did not get fixed until very late at night. With two hungry children and four adults I would have expected the offer of a take-away, or meal at the restaurant, but this was not offered - poor customer relations at the start of our vacation I think

7 Thank Wildswimmer2013
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2004

Just returned from a Florida trip - doing our part to aid in the economic recovery! - and had a brief Cape Caribe experience from the timeshare sales dance to an overnight stay and two-day use of the amenities. We loved the resort - in fact we loved it enough to purchase a mini "try it to buy it" package. After reading some other comments here tho', I concede that we may have been suckered by the sale. If the resort does or doesn't deliver according to the MANY promises of this package, I will re-post to let all of you know because I know how much we rely on TripAdvisor for the real, first-hand scoop. I'd welcome seeing posts from other folks with either positive or negative experiences in getting Ron Jon's to deliver on this "try it out" package. Are we headed for hassles? Regarding our experience this week tho', we were honestly impressed. After the sales presentation, we spent the rest of the day and evening trying out the amenities. We then stayed overnight in a very nice 1 BR, but it's true - the beds ARE surprisingly and disappointingly hard! For comparison's sake, the next night we stayed at a Hampton Inn up on I-95 in Titusville and the beds were heavenly compared to Cape Caribe! The Cape seriously needs to consider upgrading these beds to something more resort-worthy. They feel cheap. Also, the shower stall in this 1 BR unit was very small and had no place at all to set toiletry items. Such a crummy shower was an irritant in such a nice unit overall. Our view was of the cruise ship canal and it was fun seeing the huge ships come and go. The next morning we went to tour Kennedy Space Center and then returned to use the resort again in the afternoon. There were no crowds for anything (hurricanes probably kept many away) and the staff was fine toward us. The waitress in the Reefside Grill was awesome as was the food (and we thought the prices were great for a resort restaurant). The driver who ferried us to the beach and to shuffleboard was also very friendly. Overall, we loved this resort and just really, really hope that our future experiences with them will be as positive as this past week's experience was. We'll keep you posted!

7 Thank SoccerKat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!