I came to this hotel for one reason only - I was on vacation in Florida and wanted to see a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral. I emailed in advance and requested a room over-looking the range. The reservations team couldn't have been more accommodating, I had a room on the top floor and right outside was a balcony directly over-looking the launchpad - which was 8 miles away but trust me, that's almost as close as you'll get. It's great if you're visiting the Kennedy Space Center too, and is right next to the Cruise Terminal.
The room was stunning, the staff are fantastic, the grounds are nice 4 out of 5 for those. Three things jumped out at me though. Firstly rules, rules, rules. I was issued with a huge welcome pack full of rules. I had to sign I say I'd comply with the rules, a huge carbonated sheet of small print. There are rules on the walls, rules in the parking lot, rules in the rooms. They really stood out. Secondly, the restaurant/bar just felt odd. Rough decor, menu and the staff were a bit laid back. Thirdly, the check-out time of 10am. I have never come across a hotel with a 10am check-out time. It's too early. I figured why it's 10am - this is a time share resort. They want everybody clear by 10am so they can start showing round prospective purchasers from 11am with no suit-cases and guests hanging about.
Did I enjoy the stay? It was OK and I was really pleased with the room set aside for me. Would I stay again? Hmmm... That's tricky, if it wasn't for the good view of Cape Canaveral, probably not. I'm giving it 4 out of 5 for the great rooms, good staff and the trouble they went to for me getting a good room with a view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl