Our two-part Disney trip (Halloween at the Magic Kingdom followed by a seven-night cruise on the Fantasy) included an overnight stay near the port to avoid a rushed embarkation morning. We stumbled on the Cape Caribe Resort, which was offering a really great rate on Expedia - about half what the typical Cocoa Beach hotel asks.
The property is a little off the main drag but not hard to find with GPS. It's less than a mile from the cruise terminals, but this means it's also not far from the more industrial parts - the tank farms and such, but the extensive landscaping and layout of the buildings screens much of this from view.
The property is really a condo complex, but while we were not pressured to attend a presentation on purchasing, we did have to abide by all the rules, including posting a healthy damage deposit. We understand these things and were not bothered; we considered it a reasonable trade to be able to save over $100 on our stay.
Our room was nice - actually the smaller side of a larger unit with connecting door. The studio had a small sitting area, kitchenette with microwave, coffeemaker and minifridge, and a large bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower. The room was well-decorated with bright tropical colors and fabrics, though we did find a decent-sized tear in the wall covering near the door, which my dear spouse was careful to photograph to show the staff was existing on arrival (thinking of that $250 damage deposit!). There was one small window that had no view we were aware of - we didn't even try; we were going to be there one night. For a longer stay, this might have been an issue for some.
The amenities were quite adequate and well-maintained, though the spread-out nature of the place made everything - especially the ice machine (ONE we could find - really?) - a hike. I used it as an exercise opportunity. We enjoyed the mini-golf, even though it seemed to be a bit of an after-thought. We didn't use the pools, but liked watching the children playing in the "lazy river" with its showers and sprays.
The restaurant was nice, though nearly empty for our 7PM Friday dinner with a group of fellow Disney cruisers (it must be tough to compete with all the places along the shore and the canal). The service was nice and attentive, the food good, though nothing fancy or special (local fish - or at least the species are local - was appreciated), the portions were large and everyone was pleased.
The arrival and checkout process seemed a little long considering the relatively few guests we encountered, though the staff was friendly and courteous.
We didn't have a long-enough stay to make a recommendation as a longer-term vacation rental or purchase, but we were quite happy with it for our short stay and can easily recommend it as an alternative to the hotels, especially at the reduced rate we were able to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl