“Welcome to a nightmare!!!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to this resort for there time share. Now let me tell you we got set up at a dump down the road and then had to travel into this hotel. The hotel compared to the one we were in was a mansion. The pool is great and the kid area is a place all of you will fall in love with. This all takes a turn for the worse when you go to the time share. Now when we got there the guy was super nice and helpful about things. We did express our concerns about the hotel situation. if you are trying to sell someone something you should be experiencing the place. We were told that they don't place us there because it is a marketing company doing. This place however was empty because of the time of the season. so a ninety min. presentation turned into a three hour. Time I will not get back. Anyways we were sold with the time share. We signed and then they out of the courtesy of the team they moved us over to the hotel for two nights. This was all done on there part not ours. We did not ask they did this. As we moved in and stayed the two nights we were sold on this. There was nothing that you could do to change our minds. Wait you can. As I was staying in the nice rooms I noticed multiple problems that should have been fixed with the so called maintences fees. Now we pay nine hundred dollars for maintenance fee why is it not getting fixed. The first problem is the bathroom. It needed a top 20 dollar menards run to fix some of the adhesive around the tub and shower. Some touch up on the wall. Nothing much. Was it fixed no. The second concern that I got was the bloodborne pathagon issue that was found in the sheet of our bed. When we brought this concern to the desk they did not care and the one woman rolled her eyes. Now I am one that does not complain or like to put on a scene but when a health matter is at play something should be done. This hotel does not care they just want your money. We started having second thoughts on the hotel and our purchase. When we returned home and did some research I found the same deal that we got for 2,000 dollars which was less then my down payment of the deal we made. We ended up canceling the deal because of the issues we were having with the way they sold us. now they are charging us for the rooms that we stayed in even after they said come on over it is on us. They also send letters in the a mean matter when you cancel. What we thought was a good deal by the selling point turned to a nightmare. This place bends you over and takes your wallet. Do not go to this place.

Room Tip: Don't go there period.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
18  Thank Rob C
RJCCR-General-Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Rob C.,

We apologize that you were disappointed with your experience at our resort. It is never our intention for a guest to leave unhappy. We would like to speak with you further about your experience here. Please call our General Manager, Launa Young at 321-328-2551 to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. We thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This property has many nice features including the water park, many activities and location near the beach. The rooms were decent and had nice furniture and beds. This property is beginning to show its age. A towel rack was coming loose from the wall. There was mold and rust associated with the shower. The walls had minor scrapes and bruises. There was debris left in some of the corners of the room. These negatives were not major but were noticeable. This is still a nice place for families with kids. There is good parking available. There are 3 or 4 good seafood restaurants in the vicinity. I would go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed October 8, 2013

5 years ago i would of rated this place a 4.Now a days they're letting anybody in.I do not suggest to go with kids anymore very shady characters.Rooms outdated,rules like a jail,overpriced food at resturaunt,pool areas crowded no shade,no adult area,and not to mention owners pay for everyand all amenities.One good thing i got the room I asked for.If possiable I'd like to sell my options or permanetly change locations,oh thats right another fee for RCI.Sorry Ron Jon I feel your just not worth it any more.You got 35,000 from me now you want to drain any money I have left.Maybe there needs to be a change in staff and management for all us owners to feel like we used to.M.L Florida

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank MEC5
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is certainly the pool. They have a large pool as well as a lazy river that are both very nice. The hotel is kept in very good condition. We stayed in a studio room which had a king-sized bed as well as a Jacuzzi tub, both of which were nice amenities. The resort had a lot of entertainment options on-site including mini-golf, tennis and basketball courts but it was really the pool area that set the resort apart. If you are staying in the main building as we were the beach is about a five minute walk away or you can take the shuttle they have which seems to come fairly often. The resort seems to be somewhat set apart from the main tourist area so the beach was not that crowded and was fairly typical of an Atlantic Coast beach. As I mentioned, you are not in the heart of the tourist area but the Cocoa Beach area is only a short drive away. There is also a nice group of restaurants and bars at the nearby port. All in all, this is a nice resort and I would stay here again but it is somewhat secluded so if you want something in the heart of Cocoa Beach this probably isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy3838
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I spent the week at Ron Jon’s the last week in September. We had purchased a week at a highly reduced rate subsequent to a time share sales pitch the year before. We own several RCI tradable weeks as part of an interval ownership property at a mountain resort in Georgia, and certainly did not need to buy any more weeks. However, we visited the resort for the pitch to see if we might want to trade weeks to stay there. The incentives to attend the tour and presentation were very good as was the tour. The price to own one week every year (floating weeks) are way overpriced….about $24,000 for the best units. We had to endure the continued attempts at the end of the presentation to sell you a week, but at the end we were given an opportunity to rent a week in a Deluxe Villa (very big and very attractive) at less than half the price of what it would rent for. We hosted family members during the week with plenty of space and things to do. However, it is important to point out that this is definitely a place for people with children. It is not a laid back adult getaway resort. As the descriptions of the property indicate it is more like an amusement park. I read a recent review that likened to “Wally World” I would concur. None the less, it is a very nice place. Rental prices are high, but more reasonable if you book well in advance and off season.

Room Tip: Staying in the main building is a must if you want to enjoy the amenities. You have to be a least on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank csorens
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice place with tons of amenities for kids.Seems like it's really geared towards children .Restaurant is just ok , I felt like I was in an airport bar restaurant .Beware if you stay on the oceanfront tower , their are tons of raccoons that will come rite up to you with absolutely no fear,especially If your unit in on the ground floor. The 2 bedroom 2 bath rooms are nice and clean and it is very quiet at the ocean tower.
This place is keyed towards family with children only.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fdalessamdro
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I (w/our children) spent the night at the resort, took the "time share tour" totall joke..... its not worth the money. The resort is beautiful and has all the great things, sm water park, in-side play area for the sm ones, movie theather, putt-putt golf, tennis, beach. Rooms are beautiful. I cant say enough great things about the place. NOW let me tell you the real deal. I owned at this resort many years ago w/a friend, we could NEVER make reservation to spend the weekend ever... and we were owners, we sold our vacation week which they promised they could get top money for during Bike Week, they only sold 2 of our 7 days, so we lost our week. The reason I went back was to see if things had changed and after 7 yrs everything was still the same. Dont waste your money!!!! Consider yourself warned!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!