We recently stayed a week after being at Summer Bay near Orlando. Cape Canaveral is a different type of town than Orlando, which we discovered immediately. There seems to be a slightly more seedy feel to the place as it is a port and Military town. After being in Disney and surrounding area it was odd to see strip clubs.
However, at the resort you are in a different atmosphere altogether. We would definitely return as we have a small family and they seem to cater to our genre there. If we were just a couple, younger or older I likely wouldn't choose this resort. However seeing as how we have two small children ages 6 / 3 it was almost perfect.
We stayed down in the beach front condos. The wood construction made it easy for you to hear your neighbors unfortunately. The unit above us enjoyed moving their furniture around the tile floors all hours of the day - likely the small children as it seemed to stop in in the evening. As well, you could hear people when they were partying. However, as mentioned it is a family resort and when you have small children the party doesn't typically go past about 11 as they need to get up early.
We had a couple of issues with the appliances within the suite. The garbarator clogged and the dishwasher backed up in the sink and overflowed - that made a mess. But the staff was quick to respond and fixed everything immediately. We asked for more towels one day and they cleaned the entire suite.
The play area inside was great for the 1 cooler day we had. The pool and waterslide were perfect. My son hit is nose on the side of the pool and hurt himself. Immediately he had 3 pool staff there making sure he was o.k. and getting him an ice pack. They were over the top helpful which I didn't expect of 3 younger guys. Drinks at the pool were cheap at happy hour and the staff was again very polite and courteous.
The beach was close to our part of the resort and the children enjoyed it. We saw dolphins in the wild from the pier as well as turtles and lots of other fish and birds. As well we enjoyed watching the cruise ships come and go.
All in all there were a couple of hiccups but in the end we determined we would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl