We rented 5-days and 4-nights at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort in Cape Canaveral Florida for July 16-20, 2012. We had a ground floor deluxe 2-bedroom suite in the main building, unit 1110 a&b. We had 4 adults and 4 children ages 6 months to 8 years old. We paid over $300 per night including taxes.
The following are the good points of this resort. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Check-in and checkout was easy and they have plenty of luggage carts. The restaurant on the premises has great food at reasonable prices but is only open for lunch and dinner. The activities for children are exceptional for a timeshare resort. Our room had direct access to the pool which was great for the kids. The lazy river and water slide was a big hit with the kids. The pool water was clean with no stinky chlorine odor. The hot tub was “hot” and big enough to accommodate a dozen or more people. The “maze” for the kids was big and fairly clean, they had scheduled kid activities and movies. There were plenty of deck chairs and shaded areas to escape the sun. The area is close to the space center and has some good restaurants close by. Car parking was good in that they provided a lot of covered areas to protect from the hot sun. Although there was no tidy service there was a linen exchange if you needed clean towels, linens etc. to service your own rooms. Housekeeping does a good job. The unit was clean.
Unfortunately, there were a lot of negatives. The room was in need of major renovation. It appears as it may have a lot of the original furnishings. The second bedroom only had full size beds and it was tight for 2 adults and 2 kids. The lockoff unit had a king bed, typical efficiency facilities, i.e. microwave, small refrigerator etc. Comparing the two bedroom suite with Marriott’s two bedroom with lockoff there is no comparison. The dishware and utensils were bare minimum. The air conditioner struggled to maintain temperature and humidity levels were relatively high. The living room TV was an old small Philips CRT while the bedrooms had small flat screen TVs. Lots of channels but NO high definition service. Furnishings and kitchen were definitely low quality as we have been used to “Marriott” quality resorts. The beach access requires a shuttle ride or a long walk. The beaches in this area of Florida is hard packed fine sand with a long shallow shelf. I would not recommend the beachside accommodations, especially with children. Golf cart transportation is provided to get to the beach. The boardwalk from the beachside accommodations was excellent, old planks being replaced with new ones, shower and wash off facility offered hose type wash off, foot shower and regular shower.
In summary, prices somewhat high in comparison to better appointed villas at other facilities, staff exceptionally friendly and helpful, ground floor units great for accessibility to pool, hot tub, lazy river and slide. Restaurant had great food and friendly staff. Activities dept had variety of activities for kids most with additional fees. There was an animal show, at $2.00 per person, twice a week. Reservations made at the VIP desk. To have individual pictures taken with the animals there was a $5.00 cost for each animal to be held and photographed with your own camera. Grandkids chose to hold a tarantula and hedge hog. Hopefully you have a quick shutter on the camera!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl