“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”
Review of Ocean Obsession

Ocean Obsession
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deep Sea Fishing and Fishing Charter for Orlando, Cocoa Beach, and the Florida area operating out of Cape Canaveral. We specialize in offshore deep sea bottom fishing. Our prices are reasonable, our mates are diligent and customer focused. When you're looking for deep sea charters in Cape Canaveral for a special event, a fishing experience or an independent cruise shore excursion, please visit with us. Obsession Fishing Charters was started in 1986 out of Port Canaveral Florida, from what is now known as Sunrise Fish, Dive, Surf. The business expanded in 1992 to include a head boat fishing vessel, Ocean Obsession II. Guest began visiting us from all over the country as they would visit Orlando to see Disney World. Our local following grew across Florida with guest from Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Inlet, Sanford, Ocala, The Villages, Clearwater, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Lakeland, Winter Haven, Celebration, Kissimmee, Orlando, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Sebastian, Vero Beach and Ft. Pierce Inlet. We continue to serve locals and travelers from across Florida and we work hard to provide an incredible Deep Sea Charter Fishing experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

BUYER BEWARE!!!! We booked With Obsession Fishing Charters on Groupon for a trip fishing last Labor Day. They called just before the trip and cancelled. We rescheduled for the next time our family would be in town over Thanksgiving. They called just before the sail date and canceled again. The date on our Groupon package was about to expire but the lady at Obsession Charters said don't worry about that, we will put a star by your name and the next time your family is in town you can do a trip no problem. So over a month or so ago we scheduled our trip for Spring Break. Not a word about the date. The Obsession Charters lady even called us last night to remind us what time to arrive today, etc. So we show up at the port to board the ship and she said your tickets have expired and even proceeded to rip up the tickets she just handed us seconds earlier. I said "but don't you remember that you said that there was no problem the last two times your company canceled the trip." She said I don't care if we canceled 4 times, your tickets are now expired. She said that we could pay $50 more to go on the trip we already paid for. I am not sure if this is a scam or what but at the very least it is a very dishonest way to do business. We called later and asked what the owners name was and she was very rude and said that she would not tell us the owners name and said "I am done with you" and hung up on us. My opinion - Book at your own risk.

Visited April 2013
14 Thank Florida2007

• Polish first
Deland,Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Overcrowded boat and very few fish you can keep.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The boat can be really crowded if it is full. For a half-day trip it was 1 1/2 hours out and 1 1/2 back that left about 3 hours of fishing time. We had to move several times so 3 hours is not the true fishing time. They provide a hot (breakfast if you are on a full day) and lunch. Tips are "requested" all the time. I find it a bit rude to put signs out and pass the bucket as the crew is standing by watching. At the end of the trip the crew starts to clean the boat with a bleach and water solution. We were requested to move because the bleach would damage our clothes. The outside seating is unavailable for at least an hour so the overcrowded boat passengers have to cram into the interior which is too full to sit in. We hung from the overhead handholds. Take this trip if you want to take a boat ride. Don't take this if you want to catch any fish to take home.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Rightwhale
Orlando, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fun day of fishing!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went on a full day trip for the first time with some family & I had a really good time. The people that work on the ship are really friendly & helpful. The only downsides were that it took a while to get breakfast & lunch, they only had 1 person making food for a full ship. The other downside is that some of the fishing poles are awful, they hardly work & its hard to reel your line up. I would suggest that you bring your own pole & book at a time that they open up different fishing seasons so you can keep more fish. Food, poles & bait are included in the price that you pay which is a really good deal!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bleinenbach407
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worst fishing trip I've ever been on.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is by far the worst trip ive been on. Equipment was awful. Between my brother and I, we only caught 4 fish that were the size of a bluegill (and we did the FULL day trip). Hooks were old and very dull. Mine was even rusted over. The hooks even had a tough time going through the bait. Because the fish were so little the hooks were also way too big. Deck hands didnt help much. They just fished. They also counted the tips in front of everyone at the end of the trip before we docked. Not a big deal but I think thats unprofessional. A lot of time was also wasted because the deck hands could not get the anchor to hold. Spent just as much time trying to anchor as we did fishing. Ive been on a lot of fishing trips and this has been by far the worst ive ever experienced. Save your money.

7 Thank experiencedfisherman
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Fishing Trip”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wonderful day at sea!! I booked a 1/2 day fishing trip for my son's 9th Birthday along with 27 guests. After researching several charters in the area, I found this on to be the friendliest, most accommodating, helpful, and clean. Brenda helped me book my special trip and finalize all the arrangements so I spoke with her several times. Also spoke with Sandy who was very considerate and gave me a reasonable group rate for my large party. Max was the first mate who helped all of us at the back of the boat (14 children)! Alan was cooking some very delicious food & checking on everyone on the boat asking if they needed anything else! The captain was so nice and wished my son a Happy Birthday while out at sea over the intercom. My son had the best birthday and it was all because we chose the right charter company. Thank you! We'll be back for Shark Fishing in May!!

Visited February 2013