Orlando Princess & Canaveral Princess Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orlando Princess & The Canaveral Star II Fishing Boats go Deep Sea Fishing every day (weather permitting). We offer Half Days, Full Days, Night Shark Trips (March - Oct), and Private Charters. All of our fishing trips are fun for the entire family! We fish for Grouper, Cobia, Sea Bass, Flounder, Triggerfish, Mahi-Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Red Snapper, Kingfish, Amberjack, Sharks and much more. We are a family owned company and truly gear our service to families!!
Minneola, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“EPIC FAIL!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have fished for 35 years and have been on many private charters as well as party boats. The boat was clean and nice, but that's where it stopped. We arrived early so we could get a good spot in the rear of the boat and upon boarding the boarding crew mate told us that if we wanted to fish in the rear we'd have to pay an extra $25.00 for "reserved fishing". What a load of crap!! On the way out to sea, one of the crew mates noticed we brought our own equipment and informed us that we didn't need that as this half day trip was more of a boat ride. That we would ride out, "make a few drops" and ride back and he was right. If myself and my party had wanted a boat ride we would have sought out a boat ride. Little to no fish were caught by a full boat load and no fish were caught that they claimed they "targeted". I have never been fishing out of Canaveral and had this happen. It's the Captains job to put his PAYING customers on fish and give them a chance to bend a rod. This was a "fishing" joke and an EPIC FAIL!! I also posted my review on there website and it DID NOT get posted. STAY AWAY!! Go fish the Obsession instead! I watched it come in at the same time as we did and had LOTS of great fish (Big Mangrove Snapper, Grouper, Ect.) that our charter was supposed to target. Again I will say it... EPIC FAIL!!

Visited May 2013
14 Thank Philip G

• Polish first
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Capt and Crew”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went for the 5th time Sat 4-27-2013, first time on a weekend. Really crowded. Still liked the trip and the crew but biggest complaint is there are always a few guys who know the crew and take up majority of the stern with multiple bait boxes and 1 of the guys this sat had 7 poles, 2 bait boxes and a cooler. That is way to much 7 poles. The entire boat is over crowded and you are allowed to bring all this gear. I would NOT recommend a weekend trip. Leave room for the "want to be experts" uisng there live bait and fishing before the Captain says to fish and don't forget all there personal poles.
With all that said, this boat and crew are great. Great value for the price but do try and go during the week.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WT C
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great days fishing, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great half day fishing,
What was good,

1, The crew, great bunch of guys, warm friendly and so much patients. Our lines did get crossed and tangled, but the guys had this sorted very quickly.
2, Miss Bell in the galley, lunch and drinks was an unexpected bonus
3, We all caught lots and lots of fish

What's not so good
1, Friendless/ warmth of the booking and check in teams- felt like an inconvenience
2, The water was rough, my advise, take anti sickness pills a good 20 min before boarding
3, The email reminder about the tips for the crew. The crew are great, the wording of the email just needs to to say, that the crew work on tips from customers.

Groupon $30
Tax $3.60
Tips crew $10
Tips miss bell $5
TOTAL DAY $ 48.60

Great value, left home at 0815 and got back indoors (with our fish) at 1830 absolutely shattered!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mark W
Brooklyn, NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Time to stretch those Sea Legs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

First thing's first, if you easily get sea sick then you may need to reconsider. I personally can take the rocking but not everyone can. We went in a group of 7, and 3 of us chummed the water that day. I suggest bringing plenty of dramamine and ginger ale with you before you take off as the waves can make you nauseous. Of course, if you've ever been fishing on a boat than this is old news. If you do have a sensitive stomach, you may get sick initially but will usually be fine after you throw up. Sorry to be gross, but these are good things to know before you cast off.

If you can get past the seasick aspect than you'll really have a great time. Deep sea fishing isn't as complicated as fresh water fishing cause all that you need to do is drop your line straight down and wait for a bite. Our boat did very well in catching all sorts of exotic fish but most of them had to be thrown back due to them being "off season" catch. A few folks did get to take home some great fish and one person even caught a 5 foot lemon shark that got divy'd up amongst the entire boat. I personally didn't catch anything but got plenty of bites.

We went out for 5 hours and the time went pretty fast. There is food on the boat that's included in the admission fee (burger, hot dog, etc.) and there was unlimited draft beer which was a plus. There's an indoor cabin with plenty of tables where you can eat, relax or play cards while waiting for the boat to arrive at it's location. I brought a light windbreaker to help keep the wind off as the boat was in motion but didn't need it after we anchored. They're pretty good about you bringing coolers/bags aboard if necessary.

One thing I will recommend that I felt like an idiot for forgetting is sunscreen. You will be standing in the open sun holding a pole and you WILL get burned, so be prepared!

All in all, we had a great time on our trip, despite the 3 of us that got seasick and we'd happily do it again. If you've never gone deep sea fishing, you should definitely give it a shot, there's nothing like it and the Princess is a great boat to start on.

Visited February 2013
Satsuma, Florida, United States
“great crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband an I are new to florida. we were looking for a nice boat to go fishing on. We used to go every weekend in delaware where we moved from. we found the orlando princess an thought we would give it a try. Well let me tell you it was great we caught lots of fish an everyone was so nice to us we will be back. An the mates Clark & Damon were very helpful i was helping my grandson who lives in NJ. with a school proj. it is called flat stanley. the mates took the paper stanley an let him drive the boat. an held him next to fish so i could get photos of him to send back to my grandson. he will love them, an donna the cook was great also. WE WILL BE BACK.
thanks for a great Easter Sunday trip