“Time to stretch those Sea Legs”

Orlando Princess & Canaveral Princess Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orlando Princess & The Canaveral Star II Fishing Boats go Deep Sea Fishing every day (weather permitting). We offer Half Days, Full Days, Night Shark Trips (March - Oct), and Private Charters. All of our fishing trips are fun for the entire family! We fish for Grouper, Cobia, Sea Bass, Flounder, Triggerfish, Mahi-Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Red Snapper, Kingfish, Amberjack, Sharks and much more. We are a family owned company and truly gear our service to families!!
Brooklyn, NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Time to stretch those Sea Legs”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

First thing's first, if you easily get sea sick then you may need to reconsider. I personally can take the rocking but not everyone can. We went in a group of 7, and 3 of us chummed the water that day. I suggest bringing plenty of dramamine and ginger ale with you before you take off as the waves can make you nauseous. Of course, if you've ever been fishing on a boat than this is old news. If you do have a sensitive stomach, you may get sick initially but will usually be fine after you throw up. Sorry to be gross, but these are good things to know before you cast off.

If you can get past the seasick aspect than you'll really have a great time. Deep sea fishing isn't as complicated as fresh water fishing cause all that you need to do is drop your line straight down and wait for a bite. Our boat did very well in catching all sorts of exotic fish but most of them had to be thrown back due to them being "off season" catch. A few folks did get to take home some great fish and one person even caught a 5 foot lemon shark that got divy'd up amongst the entire boat. I personally didn't catch anything but got plenty of bites.

We went out for 5 hours and the time went pretty fast. There is food on the boat that's included in the admission fee (burger, hot dog, etc.) and there was unlimited draft beer which was a plus. There's an indoor cabin with plenty of tables where you can eat, relax or play cards while waiting for the boat to arrive at it's location. I brought a light windbreaker to help keep the wind off as the boat was in motion but didn't need it after we anchored. They're pretty good about you bringing coolers/bags aboard if necessary.

One thing I will recommend that I felt like an idiot for forgetting is sunscreen. You will be standing in the open sun holding a pole and you WILL get burned, so be prepared!

All in all, we had a great time on our trip, despite the 3 of us that got seasick and we'd happily do it again. If you've never gone deep sea fishing, you should definitely give it a shot, there's nothing like it and the Princess is a great boat to start on.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Satsuma, Florida, United States
“great crew”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband an I are new to florida. we were looking for a nice boat to go fishing on. We used to go every weekend in delaware where we moved from. we found the orlando princess an thought we would give it a try. Well let me tell you it was great we caught lots of fish an everyone was so nice to us we will be back. An the mates Clark & Damon were very helpful i was helping my grandson who lives in NJ. with a school proj. it is called flat stanley. the mates took the paper stanley an let him drive the boat. an held him next to fish so i could get photos of him to send back to my grandson. he will love them, an donna the cook was great also. WE WILL BE BACK.
thanks for a great Easter Sunday trip

Miamisburg, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We called their office to set up a reservation for 15 people while vacationing in Orlando. I spoke with a Man and explained we had a large group and we all had Groupon Certificates. He told me we would have to go online and enter the certificate numbers for each but he would hold our spot. The morning of the boat we were told to call just to make sure the boat was going out. When we called we were told they sold the boat out and we were not on it. Needless to say we were all upset. Not only had we bought the tickets online through Groupon and had already paid for the trip but now we were being told we could not go. Then after this he told us we were suppose to give 48 hours notice. NEVER ONCE DID HE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WHEN I TALKED TO HIM DIRECTLY. He claims it was on the certificate. But, the add online did not say anything of the sort. Only in the fine print on the certificate, after we already purchased it did it read 48 hours. This was very poor customer service. I feel like everyone that inquires about this boat should be aware of how they handle their customers. Needless to say I would not consider this boat ever again. We were able to get a refund for our money through Groupon and decided to give our business to someone who was interested in their customers. We enjoyed our trip and made sure we passed along exactly what happened to us through Orlando Princess. After talking with several others, we were not the only ones who had these type of issues with them. It is false advertising with Groupon and horrible satisfaction with the follow through. All 15 of us have decided to let others know of our dissatisfaction with their company.

5 Thank Lisa003007
“Absolute Great Memories”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is by far the best deep sea fishing I have ever been on! The crew were absolutely great and made sure my 5 year old had a great time and remebered his name! I would recommend them to anyone who wants to have a great time while catching a lot of fish! We caught 2 sharks and 3 fish (one person fishing)! Thanks Matt and Johnathan!!

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida, Usa
“Fun day of fishing for families”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Where do I start? We went out on a full day trip on March 29th and had a fantastic time! We have two young boys that were thrilled with the experience. We can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is aboard the Orlando Princess. Damon, Clark and Scott were a HUGE help! You could say that they were true heros! The food was great and Greg really made the boys feel at home out on the water. Captain Brian went above and beyond for the kids - showing them the ropes! If you are looking for a family experience out on the water - you will do no better! Thanks to all the guys for helping us to end our Florida trip on a great note! When we come back down your way - we will be back!