“Great view - lousy food!”
Review of Milliken's Reef

Milliken's Reef
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Dined here for lunch! Location is great but the food was really lacking. I ordered shrimp cooked 3 ways, the scampi arrived in a huge vat of butter, the fried shrimp was tough and the blackened was just shrimp with spice thrown on. The burgers were not cooked as requested. Service however was ok.. prices are very high for the poor quality. Better off sticking to cocktails here!

1  Thank lolagirl53
There are newer reviews for Milliken's Reef

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location on a cruise ship port. Nice looking building and interior. Food and "service" leave much to be desired. Took 3 guest for lunch. All had some version of fish. Fried flounder was passable, but was served with cold,dry fries, which were not the side ordered. Mahi wrap dry fish, wet runny mushy "salsa" either setting too long or out of a can. Another fish sandwich with an unknown old fish that could not be eaten by any human, this was brought to our waitress attention when she finally reappeared. This "server/waitress" had apparently started employment that day and was without a clue or any kind of assistance from staff.
I had been to this restaurant in the past and had good experiences...hopefully if I visit again, that quality will return.

2  Thank Sue W
Reviewed July 17, 2013

*** I have started putting up Autism Tips for those of us that have children with autism to give you a heads up on what you might need to bring or what you might encounter you'll see an ***AT*** at the start of any tip area.

***AT*** depending on the age of your children you might want to sit on the outside deck or near the sand play area. It will keep them entertained especially if you get lucky enough to see the dolphins swimming in the water. It's more laid back and casual but you'll be able to enjoy a wonderful dinner. When we were in the area on Saturday around 4:30-5:15 we were lucky enough to see the cruise ships go out. I hope you get to see the Disney ship go out - the kids will LOVE their ship horns "singing" to the tune of favorite Disney songs on their way out. :)

If you would like an enjoyable evening with a great view, not to mention live entertainment - depending on what your style is piano player inside, live band outside - you'll enjoy spending time here.

There are three "settings" if you will:

Outside - great for the little ones, they have an outside bar, a sandy play area, a live band, just very laid back basic beach type setting which is great especially if you have a little one that just cannot stay still! The toys and sand keep them busy. :)

On their deck you have a beautiful view of the port area where you can watch the Disney or Carnival Cruise ships come in / go out. We were lucky enough to see a pair of dolphins while we were there. Still casual, laid back and you can hear the band but it's not too loud.

Inside you have a more upscale yet casual setting. Piano lightly playing to enhance your dining experience.

I must say that we were seated in the best section in my opinion. Ask for Chad he was awesome - this is why we have him in the title of our review. We watched the other wait staff and didn't see the same personable experience with the other tables that we were fortunate enough to have.

He was very honest with the food - what he liked, what he hadn't tried yet - and we're pleased with his suggestions.

We started off with the "Wang Bang" shrimp - Chad's suggestion. At first I was unsure about this but my son liked the name so we placed the order. They are messy BUT delicious! I thought they were going to be spicy but they were not. Very enjoyable and a nice surprise.

I had the stuffed flounder which was very good - scale of 1 - 10 I would rate a 8 The portion is very large and can be shared between 2 adults.

My spouse and son had the swordfish and they enjoyed it. On a scale of 1 - 8 they would rate it a 7.5

We also tried their lobster bisque - it was divine! We would drive the 1 1/2 hours just for that alone. I tasted it and my eyes fluttered in pure enjoyment of how divine it was. Not joking - my husband asked if I was going to be ok. We have never tasted LB that was perfection and this one was. On a scale of 1 - 10 it would receive a 10 of course.

We did not have room for dessert but we're going to have that first next time we dine there :)

Their prices are very reasonable for the quality, freshness, and portion of food you receive.

We do not drink "adult beverages" so we are unable to comment on their liquor section.

Their sweet tea though is delicious.

2  Thank LetsG0Family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We wanted to treat our friend to a nice lunch so we came here on a Wednesday. It was a terrible experience! My friend ordered a fish lunch with french fries- came out with sweet potato fries (but they were hot!). Husb ordered a grouper wrap- fish was old, tasted horrible. I orderd a mahi wrap that was so dripping in sauce you couldn't hold it, but eat it with a knife and fork. Mine came out with the cold sweet potato fries. Meals were returned to our waitress Barbara, a young girl showing little finesse. No manager came to our table to apologized. Yes, there still is a great view but Milliken's was such a disappointment in all other areas.

2  Thank Vinro
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This restaurant sits right on the water by the port. You can watch the ships come into and out of the port. The atmosphere is very calm and romantic. The food is excellent and very nicely prepared. The wait staff do not rush you and let you enjoy each others' company. Try the senior dinner consisting of flounder, shrimp, scallops, and chicken...you get to choose two. The saxophone player is wonderful and brings such peace to the place with his renditions of the older songs, like "Moon River", "Theme from the Titanic", etc.