“Bar does not use sanitary procedures” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milliken's Reef

Milliken's Reef
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bar does not use sanitary procedures”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I went there on Mother's day. The inside seating was not available, so we decided to eat at the outside bar. While sitting at the bar, we noticed some of the most unsanitary conditions and practices ever. The bartender never washed or sanitized their hands the enire time we were there. They handled money and credit cards and then used their dirty hands to garnish drinks and get ice. One bartender was making fixed drinks in a blender that didn't have a top. So, she would used her arm or her hand as a cover. What a disgusting practice. I don't know how sanitary the rest of the place is, but if it's anything like the bar it must be horrible.

Finally, I am not one to post bad reviews, but I did contact management about this and never got a response, so here it is now.

Perry - Orlando

1 Thank Perry S

“Don't bother going”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I went there last night for a co-workers good-bye party and had a terrible experience. First it took forever to get a drink then I found an outside bar where I could get service but they only took cash. So back inside finally I get a drink from an unfriendly bartender and go on my way. Now going back to the table I passed two waitresses in skimpy dresses selling only shots for cash. Would have just liked a waitress to get another drink. I never got another drink, because of the wait then this morning I check my debits and what I spent and what does it say. It says I spent 25.00$ and I never did I spent 9.00$. So morol of the story DONT GO THERE IF U DO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS!!! I didnt :-(.

3 Thank NKellyN
Vernon, Connecticut
“Up scale restaurant with good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our party of six loved this restaurant so much we went three times while on our vacation. The food was good and reasonably priced as well. The waitstaff are very friendly and prompt. We all had different selections each time we went, all food was fresh, hot and well prepared.

Miami, Florida
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was not expecting much from this restaurants as Cape Canaveral in general are very casual but this place exceded my expectations by far! I went with my in-laws, sister-in-law and her husband and my husband and we all had EXCEPTIONAL FOOD! I ordered the scallops which were excellent - another popular dish at our table was the seabass! It's on the water which was really nice. And I must say, EXCELLENT SERVICE - Tania was our waitress and she was such a sweetheart. After dinner the restaurant turns into dance party on the sand - great DJ. Nothing but positive things to say about Millicans!

• Visited May 2013
Leland, Iowa
“Beautiful Location, Nice Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've stayed in Cocoa Beach a few weeks each winter the last several years, and have eaten here a few times. The ambiance is terrific and the waterfront views are great. The food is also very good, but the portions are smaller than most other area locations and the prices are significantly higher. My wife and I come here occasionally for a romantic night out. We brought our kids here the first time we visited and quickly realized that with the prices, it's not a good place to bring your family. Overall though, we really enjoy Milliken's.

• Visited February 2013