“Elegent & Really Good Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Milliken's Reef

Milliken's Reef
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Titusville, Florida
“Elegent & Really Good Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I like to eat here, on special occasion's. Date night, Anniversary, etc. We like the atmosphere, is elegant, and the food is great. It is pricey, but we deserve a expensive meal once in while. Definitive recommended. Oh and it has a great view of the Port, and the water. Try it out.

• Visited February 2012

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“$100 for 8 people - bargain!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Ended up here by accident and what a happy accident. Lovely surroundings, great food, free drinks and starters too!!

Saxophonist was great too - would definately go back

We had four kids meals and they were all big enough portions for an adult to be happy!! Great find :-)

Merritt Island, Florida
“The appetizers are very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Will never go there for fish again. Fish was so dry I couldn't even eat it. poor quality for the price. Go to Seafood Atlantic

Melbourne, FL
“Not horrible, but not great either.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We went to Milliken's on a Saturday night in February. I made reservations several days beforehand, so when we were handed a pager and told it would be a 20 minute wait, we were not pleased. We spent the time on the deck overlooking the water, listening to a decent band in the nearby sand bar area. We went back in after 15 minutes, and asked the hostess how much longer it would be, since we had made advance reservations, and she seated us at a primo windowside table.

Our waiter, Carl, came over quickly and took our drink order, and also brought us some of the delicious hush puppies that are served to each table in lieu of dinner rolls. My Bloody Mary was quite good, although a bit on the small side. The lobster bisque was also quite good. I ordered blackened Mahi, and it was passable--not the best I've ever had, but okay. I tried a bite of my husband's fried grouper, and did not care for it; it was mushy in texture and smelled fishy. I also tried a bite of my daughter's NY Strip, and while the flavor wasn't bad, it wasn't very tender. She had ordered it med. well, but it was served medium. My son's teriyaki chicken was fair, but the garlic mashed potatoes tasted like they were made from instant potatoes.

Three of us ordered baked potatoes for our side dish. The baked potatoes were served after we were nearly done with our entrees.....not that big a deal, but odd. I specified a "loaded" baked potato, but my husband and daughter simply said "baked potato", and that's what they got. It would have been nice if Carl, our waiter, had asked them what they wanted on them, but he did not. On the plus side, it was nice that they were not the huge specimens that some restaurants serve--these were appropriately sized, and also were scrubbed clean enough for me to eat the skin.

Other issues included: we had to wait a considerable amount of time for refills to be offered on our drinks; in the lady's restroom, one stall had no paper, and the next had no latch on the door.

We liked the atmosphere inside; it was open and had a nice view, but we were straining to hear each other over the piano music and the loud hum of other conversations. The crowd seemed mostly older, wealthy and well-dressed--about what you would expect at a restaurant with these prices. Our total for the four of us was $100, not including tip, and none of us had dessert.

Overall, it was just okay. This place could be great if the management would tweak it in the problem areas mentioned above, but for now we will go to the nearby Grills next time, as their food is better and the prices a bit lower.

• Visited February 2012
Syracuse, NY
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went to Milleken's with our friends who live in the area. The food was very good and the restaurant provides a nice view of the harbor. Our waiter was not very friendly and seemed a bit put out when we mentioned that one of the side dishes was not what we ordered. The company of our friends and the delicious food, however, made up for the not-so-great service.

Visited January 2012