“Eh...I could have spent my money elsewhere”

Miss Cape Canaveral Deep Sea Fishing
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Eh...I could have spent my money elsewhere”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went with two of my friends in September on a Sunday. The good thing was that there were only a total of 30 passengers plus the crew so it was pretty empty on the boat. The bad thing was that my friends and I were sea sick most if the trip. I was able to catch two small Black Sea Bass when I was able to fish. Neither of my friends caught a fish. The crew were pretty attentive especially the guy that cooked the meals, however the other crew guys (although they were friendly) spent most of their time fishing. If they could have spent more of their time showing their passengers how to properly bait the fishing poles then maybe we could have caught more fish and we would have felt like it was worth the money. If you know how yo fish then you will be fine, but if you are a beginner.... you may get frustrated.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mistic32809

Lake Mary, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a good day to be out”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a party board of 100 cap so it can get crowded at times.
Also, need to reserve the spot to fish and it's elbow to elbow.
Catch mostly the little stuff and sometimes you can get lucky and catch some table fish.

Mufflerbearings

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dew E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

To begin with, it became obvious from the start that these guys are fishing your pockets while you are fishing the ocean. Don't buy the $20 box of premium bait they try to sell you when you arrive. Don't pay their advertised price of $80 per person. I got a military rate of $58 but there were people onboard who got a $39 ticket on GROUPON. Moving on, the captain couldn't find fish at an aquarium. Before the departure, a mate gives a brief speech and in it he speaks of thousands and thousands of dollars in fish finding equipment on board. It must have been broken today. Your ticket includes 2 cups of bud light and/or unlimited soda. For $5 you get a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and a cheeseburger or chicken breast with a bag of chips for lunch. (that part was a good touch at least but locals say it's $3 on gulf side boats) The mates are really aggressive at collecting tips at the end, even after constant reminders about tipping throughout the day. Lastly, they charge $1 per pound to filet or clean your fish! They wanted $5 to filet a 20" 3lb fish! For the money spent on our small group, we could have bought our own tackle, fished from a jetty or pier and caught more fish and saved considerable money.

2 Thank Mrbynum
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent crew and trip!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have fished on this boat many times and have never had a bad experience. The crew does everything they can to help you catch fish. Some people expect to catch jaws and go home with enough fish to eat a month but the fact of the matter is they can't make the fish bite. When you complain about "crew" getting the pot, just because someone wears a miss cape shirt does not make them crew and the crew do not ever get the pot. To the idiots who complain about the captain going in circles, stick to your career and don't try to tell someone else they are doing their job wrong when you know nothing about it. The crew wants you to have a good time and catch lots of fish but it doesn't always work out that way. Before you go on any boat, watch the weather report and make your own judgement call before going online to complain about being seasick. That being said, regardless of the bad reviews, it is still the best boat in Port Canaveral and I have been on nearly every party boat there.

3 Thank Morgan C
PALM BAY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day fishing...”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great experience. Enjoyable day out at sea. I read the horrible reviews before hesitantly choosing the charter and instead was pleasantly surprised! Im sure the experience is different when the boat is full but overall I would recommend giving the Miss Cape a try. Thanks for a great day Captain Matt and crew!

5 Thank TravelPro23