“Great food”
Review of Amore Ristorante

Amore Ristorante
Order Online
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Ciao from Amore Ristorante! We are a family owned and operated restaurant serving southern Italian cuisine since 1985. Located in Woodland Park, we are BYOB and open seven days a week. We offer daily specials, homemade pasta, & dessert in a warm atmosphere where you'll feel like family. We would also love to host your next event. We have seating for up to 45 in house or can happily cater off premise for any occasion.
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Always a great time at Amore, food is always top notch!! Had the special Paella and it was excellent.

Date of visit: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank richardo423

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Recently went with family to Amore. They have been there many times, but this was our first time. Amore is simply another great Italian neighborhood restaurant in North Jersey. We went on a Sunday at 5:30 and the place was already full. Parties range in size from 2 to 15. The atmosphere is lively and somewhat noisy as the tables are fairly close together. Waiters are constantly about which adds to the liveliness. It really does feel like a family owned and friendly restaurant. The food is sensational. The standout entrees include the Orecchietta Pasta and Osso Buco w/Gnocchi. The Veal dishes are also excellent. Antipasti dishes including the Buffalo Mozzarella salad and the Muscles with white sauce also stand out. The BYOB option lets you spend more on the food and less on the alcohol. What a novel idea. Just a wonderful experience and we will most certainly return.

1  Thank dpg1988
Reviewed April 29, 2019

My wife and I and friends ate dinner at Amore this past Sunday. Amore is a byob Italian restaurant in Woodland Park New Jersey. Amore is a small cozy space serving a variety of dishes. We began with pasta fagioli, insalata tricolore, shrimp padella and insalata di pere for appetizers. Portions were large and everyone enjoyed their choice. I selected the pork chop amore as an entree. It was cooked perfectly. It was stuffed with ham and provolone in a brandy and mushroom sauce. Another entree was the veal giuliana. The veal was topped with prosciutto, fontina cheese and shrimp in a cognac peppercorn sauce. Two others had a special of a meatball, sausage and brasciola in a red sauce over rigatoni. Portions were generous and all were delicious. Desserts of New York cheesecake, carrot cake and cannoli followed. We all really enjoyed our selections and will definitely return.

1  Thank arubaphil
Reviewed April 15, 2019

the first time I visited Amore the food was fresh and great. the 2nd and 3rd time I came here I left with a stomach ache and did not feel well for 2 days after. As much as I have loved some foods here I worry about the quality now. also the service is TERRIBLE. so slow and not very attentive waiters. Hopefully they work on service, quality and then maybe i would go back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
amorewp, Owner at Amore Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Hi how are you, my name is Roberto co-owner of Amore Ristorante, I am sorry about the terrible experience you had at our location, this is not what we are known for, if possible could you give us more details about the previous visits, because your comments were very specific, let me assure you that we do our shopping daily and we only buy fresh products and nothing is precooked in fact our food doesn't come out in five minutes, I would like to ask if possible to email me at info@amoreristorantewp.com I would like to know when was your last visit and what you had for lunch or dinner, and what did you have previously that made you sick. This is the first time in almost 35 years that we get this kind of comment and we do take it serious.
Once again please accept my apologies and I hope I will hear from you soon, and hopefully you'll consider visiting us again.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Had dinner with my nephew and his partner. Food was very good, service was fast. We brought our own wine which went well with the Italian fare

Date of visit: March 2019