“Excellent evening!!”
Review of Whistle and Flute

Whistle and Flute
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Whistle and Flute is a pub, hotel and restaurant. Our lunchtime meals start from £4.95 and our main menu is available at all times too. Our website has a copy of all menus. We have 14 bedrooms 11 en suite 3 with a shared bathroom. We hold regular tribute nights on Saturdays throughout the year, our weekend special complements this.... Bed breakfast and two course evening meal for two with a bottle of house wine this costs just £110. Please call us if you have anymore questions.Kindest RegardsEmma StylesOwner.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked a table to celebrate my birthday, on arrival I was greeted by a waitress who was friendly and polite she asked if we would like any drinks she then showed us to our table which had been decorated with birthday banners and balloons. She then gave us a few minutes to look through the menu before coming back to take our order, when the food arrived it looked and smelt good and tasted amazing the portion sizes where brilliantly sized. We had an amazing evening and want to say thank you to all the staff for making my evening extra special I would definitely recommend the whistle and flute to all my friends.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly not understand these poor reports, I regularly dine out at the whistle and flute and always find it has the best to offer with great food, excellent service and also the great entertainment they provide!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Been dining here once/twice/three times a year for the last 12 years....have had some brilliant lovely food.
Took friends there on 20/8/13 expecting the same.
Waitress was disinterested had no warmth or friendliness or obvious interest in anything.
Starters were tasty but appear to have shrunk (yet still £5 plus a starter)
My guests had Gammon which was sid to be lovely, chicken which was said to be bland and tasteless, beef (and ale?) pie which he sid was alright but more thick gravy than meat. I had my usul ribs which unusually were dry and very dissapointing.
We all commented on the soggy and rationed chips we got...(no alternate offered).
We were asked if we 'needed' our salad and veg...very strange question...yes we did, if only to offer ome colour to the meals.
My salad was nice.
Plates cleared 10 minutes after the last person finished and only after prompting.
Sweets only offered after prompting
No coffee offered.
Ended up paying at the bar as we had by now lost our waitress.
Its still a lovely pub....the food was only ok tonight and so am massively disapointed because its prices are higher than Beefeater/hungry horse/fairandsquare type pub meals and it was certainly a lot more expensive and no better quality than these type places.
The waitress should possibly find a job that does not mean having to interact with nuisance customers..for the first time probably in my life, I never left a tip.
I will go back, because in the past this place has been great.
If i got similar service or food then will try Brigg down the road

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Decided to pay a visit to the Whistle and Flute after a friend recommended. Arrived at 12.30 on Sunday All tables were booked, but staff were reluctant to give one up, even though one was booked for 1.45 pm and not being utilised until then.
As a stranger there was no warm welcome...Felt a stranger all through the awful process.
Waitress was appalling and had no customer service skills at all and when seated I asked if I could have 2 course special....Said “I would not have enough time to eat and not allowed”.
So all we had was the Sunday Roast Beef.
Meal was satisfactory and veg was overcooked and the carrots not peeled correctly.
We finished our meal at 1.15 pm with 30 mins to spare to the next customer.
If this is how this establishment runs their business, they need to learn more about customer service. “customer is king”.
I will not be visiting again and will also let my friends know about our experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had heard a lot about of The Whistle and Flute and decided to go the other day. We were amazed at the quality of the food, the atmosphere and prices. Beautiful food, if you are ever in the area don’t miss it, gem of a place!