“A lovely surprise”

Holcombe Guest House
Holcombe Guest House
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My stay was arranged for me by the business colleague I was travelling up to see. So I had little in the way of expectations.

From the outside its not very inspiring but the reception was cheery and pleasant, and the room when I saw it was clean, warm (it was very chilly outside) and nicely furnished. The greatest surprise was when I asked the room rate. I haven't stayed in such reasonably priced accommodation for years!!

After an excellent night's sleep I opted for the continental breakfast and had some of the most delicious porridge I can remember cooked just the way I requested. Fresh fruit salad (strawberry's, orange, melon, grapes etc) was available on the help yourself buffet along with all the things you'd expect like cereals, juices, croissants, toast yoghurts etc.

All in all I couldn't recommend it more. If you are in the area then do stay there. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Its a quiet location so I suspect rooms are all conducive to a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lovely guest house, room was huge, bed very comfortable, didn't have the breakfast but after seeing it will definitely next time. We were only here for 1 night and will be booking to stay here next time we are up that way.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend spent one night here on Feb 22nd 2014, we were travelling up from Birmingham to catch an early morning flight from Humberside Airport the following day. The Airport is around a 5-10 minute drive away.

We arrived at around 7pm and was greeted at the door by a friendly member of staff who showed us up to our room, and also gave us a bit of an introduction to the local area and the places to go nearby.

Our room was immaculate, and furnished with tea/coffee making facilities and a digital tv, we also had en-suite toilet and shower facilities - the shower was excellent.

We would not hesitate to book here again should we be either travelling from Humberside Airport, or visiting this part of the country in the future.

A friendly welcome, clean and comfortable room and excellent facilities. I'd recommend Holcombe Guest House.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed for 2nights, this guesthouse has in parts dated decor, that said it is immaculate, the staff are very friendly and helpful the breakfasts are not included in the room price which is handy as you can decide on arrival which one you would prefer if any,the full English £7.50 is devine and plentiful,the continental £5.50 has a vast choice of cereals, fruit, breads etc to set you up for your day. Although they can cater for evening meals you may also use the facilities if you order takeaway, v nice chippy 2mins away or Chinese 5mins away... All in all a great stay and if visiting this area again would definitely stay again,
Thanks to Margaret, Polly and Brenda (forgive me if its Belinda) for making us welcome

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights here and a very pleasant experience it was. The village is nicely placed for several large towns and with relations dotted around the area was perfect for us.
The rooms are comfortable and all amenities we requires WiFi, coffee making etc were at hand.
The cooked breakfasts were amazing, all that was needed to set you up for the day. Too much for my wife who surrendered after one gargantuan plateful and opted for the continental version.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed 1 night on a cycling trip from Hull to Norwich,Made to feel very welcome by Angie who let us dry our waterproofs in an area of the kitchen. Very secure bike storage at the bottom of the garden.We had a twin room with a good size bathroom, very clean and comfortable.Excellent cooked breakfast in a very pleasant dining room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't often do B & B's in the UK. The last one in the Lake District was new and had modern furnishings. This guest house reminded me of my childhood holidays in Cornwall in the 1980's. The decor dated as said in earlier reviews but generally clean and tidy. Friendly host couldn't do enough to help out. Was planning on a travelodge for a one night stay but the price had gone up to £69 for the room. I paid £25 for this room and £5 for breakfast. Can't really complain for those prices. I thought I'd booked en-suite but hadn't! The bathroom though was next to my room and the toilet the next door down. The single room I had was quite spacious and wondered if this could be made into an en-suite room? The floor to ceiling wardrobe would be used by how many guests? There was also 6 large drawers for clothes too! The room had usual items in for a guest house tea making facilities, tv/dvd, sink, small table with lamp on and a chair. Bed was fine and I slept well. I think for the price I paid I was quite happy. I had looked at other more expensive guest houses but needed a place for the night before moving off.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
#2 of 5 in Brigg
The Queens Head
The Queens Head
#3 of 18 in Market Rasen

Been to Holcombe Guest House? Share your experiences!