“Best bangla”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Once again,one of the best restaurants I've visited.
From the staff/food/service/location/atmosphere/owner
You can bring your own drinks,which make a night out at the bangla a very affordable but fantastic night out with brilliant food

Abdulkahar, Manager at Bangla lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

There are newer reviews for Bangla lounge

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After many people recommending this place to us, I decided to take the plunge and try the place for myself. I am usually a LaLa's or Eastern Spice man however was willing to take the risk.

As it was fairly late on a Sunday night we decided to order a takeaway & collect it, we ordered 4 mains 2 of which was not on the menu however was something they agreed to cook! We was advised 25 min which is very reasonable. Once we arrived we got chatting to the front of house staff who was very friendly, explaining to us about the Bangladeshi ways of cooking & what he deems to be the most authentic dish on the menu.

The containers/bags that our food came in was very professional (first impressions do count) not the usually plastic generic takeaway bag. The smell was divine, the food was definitely something different. I would recommend this place to anybody who likes fresh proper food. The meat is chunks of chicken breast!

Try this place !

1  Thank one_time_on_the_MIC

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My second visit to the Bangla lounge with a period of about 5 months between them. Last time they hadn't long been in the new premises and while the food was fine it all felt a bit disjointed. Not so this visit! I booked via the website for a table for two and was promptly acknowledged and booked in. The restaurant was packed on arrival but this did not ruffle the very professional waiters, or the lovely blonde girl who organises front of house. I was worried over some of the reviews on here claiming long waits at busy periods but we were seated promptly, poppadoms arrived swiftly and every course thereafter arrived in a very timely but unhurried fashion. Staff could not do enough for us and were very knowledgable about the menu. We settled for the set menu for two, mains being my favourite chicken tikka masala and lamb bhuna which arrived with double the side orders it should have had - when queried we were told it had been sent out in error and to enjoy the extra dishes on the house. The tikka was delicious, tender creamy and the bhuna (although a milder option than my partner usually goes for) declared to be similarly delicious. The B.Y.O policy is fantastic, indeed the local co-op next door told us their wine sales have soared since the restaurant opened, testament to its popularity. Can't wait to go back again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My partner and I visited last night and as per usual the meal was fantastic,garlic chicken tikka and lamb tikka jalfrazi for mains.would recommend the family garlic nan to everyone.service was attentive and efficient.Thank you for a great evening again.

Thank you for taking the to do review of our restaurant

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

we have visited regularly with family and friends in old and new premises. food consistent, good choices and well presented. lovely surroundings and staff. latest visit was the candlelighters charity night the food was delicious and plentiful and I hope they raised a lot of money for such a worthy charity