“Surprising good Mexican food in Florida!”
Review of Coyote Rojo

Coyote Rojo
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Bushnell
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Off I-75 North, Exit 314. Great authentic Mexican food!
Description: Off I-75 North, Exit 314. Great authentic Mexican food!
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been searching for decent Mexican food since I moved to Florida. Finally after almost 3 years of searching I found some. Great food, great guacamole and tortillas. Rice is a little bland but that is the only thing negative I can say. Right off the highway with easy access. Good stop if you're traveling on I-75 or live near by.

1  Thank Tmc2007

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Found this place by mistake one day. Just a hole in the wall, but great food, lots of it and great service.

1  Thank Patti H
Reviewed March 19, 2013

went on a staurday night. there is no place in the area for good mexican. food and salsa was really good. I should have known when I ordered a margariata and tasted it something was not right. they actually bought me a margarita that had wine instend of tequila. NOT COOL at all. tell me or ask me...i would have ordered a beer.

1  Thank Upnorthtransplant1
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OMG, what a lucky find. We were famished after biking on the Withlacoochee Bike trail and were looking for a good meal. We found it at Coyote Rojo. Don't judge a book by its cover because from the outside it's not impressive. It's not too impressive inside either. But the food is another story! Totally delicious and fresh. We tried the pork in tomatillo sauce with rice and refried beans, and the grilled seafood platter with rice and mixed vegetables. Sounds ordinary but it was extraordinary. The pork was wonderfully spiced in a scrumptious sauce. Each mouthful was a delight. The seafood platter came with grilled talapia, shrimp and scallops (lots of em too), with Mexican rice and really flavorful veggies (broccoli, califlower and carrots). We ate every morsel and yearned for more. We would definitely go there again when in the area.

1  Thank jonsha
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Driving from Ft Myers to Gainesville, we stopped here based on reviews we read. We started with cheese dip which was superb. My wife ordered the veggie burrito and I ordered the chili rellenos. She said the vegetables were good but it needed something. My chili rellenos was perfect. The next day on our way home from Gainesville we came back and both ordered the chili rellenos. My wife agreed and said that meal was superb. We will definitely will come back on our next trip! I gave the rating a 4 for the food, but if we only rate the chili rellenos, and cheese dip. it's a. "5"!!'

1  Thank Ric A