“A perfect getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushnell
Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Bushnell B&B and Inns
Ocala
“A perfect getaway”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed only one night at the Cypress House B and B but our experience there was unbelievable. The room we stayed in was above the barn, decorated country style, and was spotless. Mike and Amy were the most gracious and accommodating hosts we've ever encountered and went above and beyond to assist us in our local recreation plans. Unfortunately we were not able to enjoy horseback riding as we were committed to other activities, but the horses all looked well taken care of and we enjoyed their company in the evening hours. Breakfast was ample and delicious, coffee was available whenever we wanted, and the swimming pool was a welcome relief to the day's heat. We plan on returning in the future when we can stay longer and enjoy the trail riding. The property is adjacent to the Withlacoochee State Forest and is a perfect backdrop for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krystin R
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your brief visit with us. The local kayaking and bike trail are a great days activity, but not necessarily on the same day! Hope you get a chance after your recovery to come back and visit for longer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Come from Clearwater but I have family in that area so I decided to spend a special Christmas eve with my fiance. This was so comfortable and cozy and totally rural Florida. A big change from my hectic beach life. My fiance wants to go back and next time ride on one of their trail rides. They have beautiful horses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We would love to have you experience a trail ride with your next visit, either staying over with us for a few days or just as a day trip up for a quick break to recharge.
Capelle aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went there with my wife. She know how to ride a horse but i never did ride on a horse before.
Amy really looked after me and gave me a safe feeling.
The horses are very sweet and mine was very relaxed.
If you want to enjoy the beautiful nature of florida this is a fantastic place to go to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sander1967
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
As most of our guests are first time riders, we pride ourselves in well behaved and calm horses. They are the true employees of the ranch, and as you probably noticed, really enjoy the walks in the woods. The horses here are well kept and truly like the "job" they have.
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Today my wish came true.......finally my husband decided to join a horseback ride with me after years of begging. We are visiting the United States and are staying in the Orlando area. Although there are possibilities here as well, we decided to go all the way to Cypress House because of the good recommadation. And we were not dissapointed!! Amy is a wonderfull guide that makes sure that you get the horse that matches you. My husband was matched with Jim and I was matched with Romeo. And what a Romeo he was ;-) I fell in love immidiatly! The environment is sooo wonderfull and Amy puts so much afford in giving you a hack of a time! She made me switch horses a couple of times just to give me the experience to ride different breeds and experience their trot. At the end, she even picked a horse from the stable and said to me: "experience this, just stay on the grass ". It was a wonderfull wonderfull experience and I am just sooo sad that it is over. I really hope my husband liked it so much that we are going for another visit ;-) Amy, thanks for this wonderfull experience, I really hope to see you back!!To bad we live all the way in the Netherlands ;-(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hylke W
I am so happy that we were able to get you out on trail with your husband while you celebrated your anniversary here in the US. We have so many breeds of horses,that it is a wonderful opportunity to try the different gaits. You tried a Paso Fino, a Tennessee Walker, and a Paso cross breed. It is so very different from the riding you are used to. Looking forward to the day you come back stateside for a longer visit. Amy
Dade City, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited to just do the two hour trail ride and were very pleased and impressed with the whole experience. The owner was very professional as well as pleasant and informative along the trail. The property is beautiful and kept in excellent condition. The horses are beautiful and well cared for. A good deal of thought was put into the horse chosen for each rider. We would recommend this to family and friends.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail H
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We try very hard to make each ride a unique experience suited to the level of comfort for each group. I am thankful we have so many wonderful trails to choose from, thus could avoid the worst of the rain. Looking forward to your next visit. PS : If you "like" our page on Facebook, you will be entered in a drawing for a free stay*.
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days at the Cypress House and found it to be a perfect getaway. We were attracted to the B&B because of the riding offered but soon fell in love with the rolling hills, friendly environment and comfortable accomodations. Tweety and her husband made us feel welcome from the time we parked our motorcycles (she even moved the picnic tables under the breezeway so they would be covered). But it was her expertise with riding that made the trip extremely special. We took out two of her gaited horses for a ride in the forest. Some of the most well mannered horses we have had the pleasure of riding. I had never riden a Tennessee Walker before but under Tweety's instruction I felt like a pro. I had a special request to ride bareback and Tweety went out of her way to accomodate me and my wife. The house is amazing but the people and horses were specatular. Thanks Tweety. Looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
So glad that you found a perfect place for your horse fix and get-a -way. A gaited horse is so different from what most people think of when they normally go horse riding.It was a pleasure to share with you both the chance to try a couple. The bare back request was a short period, but at least can be crossed off the bucket list. Looking forward to your next stay with us. Amy(Tweety) and Michael
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We live about an hour away but this seems a million miles from everything. Its so quiet and peaceful. We do getaways here and spend time siting around enjoying nature and each other. We took my brother in law this time for his birthday, it was his 1st bed and breakfast but I am sure he will be back again! We woke up and looked out the window to see him on the bench swing reading a book before breakfast. Great place and wonderful people. We missed talking to Jan but Amy and Mike were great... another wonderful stay, Thank you!

Room Tip: Room 1-3 are in the main house and 4 & 5 in a back apartment. the back is nice to be alone but t...