“Poor value”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Poor value”
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton in early August of this year and I can't say we had quite as pleasant an experience as most of the reviewers on this site. We pulled in late at night on a Friday and accepted the outrageously high price ($132) only because we were exhausted. The room was actually pretty nice but it had a slightly musty odor. Breakfast was quite ample and the beds were comfortable. The a/c worked very well which is always a plus. Mainly, I was just disappointed at the extremely high nightly rate which was too high even for a Hampton.

We always try to stay at Hamptons on the road because they seem to be the most consistent (this used to be holiday inn but lately ...yuck) but we may have to look for something else if this is indicative of their new rates.

• Liked — great convenience to I-75
  • Disliked — too expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brooksville, FL for one night. Room was $99/night (orig. $120, but I asked if they could do something better and mgr. knocked off a few bucks).

My stay here was excellent, the breakfast was good and fresh and the cookies that are served in the evening were delicious. I had a room with 2 dbl. beds. Room was very, very clean and well appointed. I needed a shower cap, tooth paste and tooth brush and the front desk had them promptly brought to room. Staff was very nice, bathroom was clean. I'm big on getting rooms that are a good price and VERY clean and the Hampton Inn in Brooksville, FL had both.

The hotel certainly made up for the fact that Brooksville is very rural and there isnt much to do, came in town to visit friends. I was so glad I had a nice hotel to stay in. Hampton Inn that I have stayed in recently have been very nice, they have been renovated and the rooms are good.

• Liked — clean rooms!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PassportStamped2
Connecticut
Reviewed April 2, 2007

From the moment I opened the door to my room, I could tell that I was in for more than just lodging. The 2 double beds were covered with fluffy duvets, and each bed had 5 pillows, including a small, lumbar pillow. The pillows on one bed were identified as "firm', the other, 'soft', so that the guest could maximize his/her comfort. On one bed, a lap desk held the remote and program guide.

A table and 2 comfortable chairs were bathed in the sunlight streaming through the large picture window.

The bathroom was spacious, clean, and amply supplied with towels and toiletries. And the water pressure....ahh! This was how a shower was meant to feel!

The Hampton Inn provides a complementary hot breakfast in an area adjacent to the lobby each day. One morning this included baked eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, English muffins, Raisin Bran, corn flakes, fruit loops, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, apples, oranges, orange and cranberry juices, coffee, and tea. Another featured opened faced scrambled eggs with Cheddar cheese and bacon on bagels.

The staff could not have been more cordial or accommodating, from the housekeepers, to the receptionist, to the hostess of the morning 'feast'.

I recommend this Hampton Inn for your next stay, whether for one night or, as in our case, more.

• Liked — the plushness of the bed(ding)
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flo050
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We booked a very last minute stay at this property and arrived just 30 minutes later to check in, at 10:30AM. The front office manager was quick to greet me and when she saw that I had a recently broken leg, provided me with upgraded accomodations to provide me with extra comfort and convenience. She called and had a room cleaned for me right by the elevator then asked the catering host to bring me out some breakfast that had just been cleared from the buffet. She arranged for additional amenities in my room to help with my mobilitiy limitations and everything was ready in less than the promised 20 minutes. Throughout the stay when we saw her she checked back in with me to make sure everything was a-ok. Everyone on staff we encountered was a complete delight. Room was clean and the bed brand new and exceptionally comfortable. We would recommend this property to anyone and will return again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SFO1K
Mailtand, FL
Reviewed March 17, 2006

We stayed at this hotel because we planned a bicycle ride along the Withlacoochee Bicycle Trail. The hotel was a perfect location as it was just a mile from the trailhead on Highway 50. (The bicycle trail was great!) Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The complimentary wine and snacks were nice and breakfast was good. Rooms on the bottom floor have two doors, one opens to the parking lot and the other to the hotel's interior hallway, which was an interesting and convenient arrangement, especially since we had a bunch of bicycle gear to haul in. Hotels are scarce in Brooksville, but this one served the purpose well and we would definitely go there again if in the area.

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank maitlander
Tallahassee
Reviewed January 31, 2005

Very nice hotel! The best part is the great breakfast and snacks in the evening. There was even complimentary beers and soft drinks each weeknight. Nice size rooms and decently quiet. Has 2 computers in the lobby which are hooked up to the net. Much faster than the internet connection in the room. Close to a few restaurants and a grocery store. Would definitely stay there again.

5 Thank ABLDWL
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2004

Excellent hotel -- clean, nice rooms, very good complimentary breakfast -- even had eggs and sausages! Staff was very accomodating -- we made a last minute reservation after cancelling a reservation at a less than desirable hotel and they gave us a wonderful room. Hotel is also very convenient to I-75. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in this part of Florida.

5 Thank puppymama1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
#3 of 6 in Brooksville
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75
Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee

Been to Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City? Share your experiences!