“Wonderful Staff make this a 5 star hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Reviewed January 30, 2010

My two children and I were visiting their grandparents near by and this hotel was nearby. The check in went very smoothly and Hamid (spelling?) was exceptionally helpful and polite. OUr room was very clean and tidy. Housekeeping was very respectful of our things. The breakfast was hot and simple but we found something to eat. Perhaps some more fruit selctions would make this a better breakfast. My daughter commented on the size of the washroom and there was lots of hot water. The WIFI connection was very slow but we managed. Only the suites have mini fridges or microwaves. The only downside was the pool was very cold and unheated and there were pool chairs at the bottom!

Thanks to Dawn for being so kind to the kids and to Kevin for clearing up a billing problem right away.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West

Reviewed January 15, 2009

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME!!!

No nursing home for me. I am checking into the Holiday Inn! With the average cost for a nursing home care costing $188.00 per day, there is a better way when I get old and feeble.

I have already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $49.23 per night. That leaves $138.77 a day for: breakfast, lunch and dinner in any restaurant I want, or room service, laundry, gratuities and special TV movies. Plus, they provide a spa, swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge and washer-dryer, etc. Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap.

$5 worth of tips a day will have the entire staff scrambling to help you. They treat me like a customer, not a patient. There is a city bus stop out front, and seniors ride free. The handicap bus will also pick me up (if I fake a decent limp).

To meet other nice people, call a church bus on Sundays.

For a change of scenery, I'll take the airport shuttle bus and eat at one of the nice restaurants there. While I'm at the airport, I'll fly somewhere. Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.

It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take my reservation today. And I am not stuck in one place forever, I can move from Inn to Inn , or even from city to city. Do I want to see Hawaii ? They have a Holiday Inn there too. T V broken ? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem. They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Inn has a night security person and daily room service. The maid checks to see if I am ok. If not, they will call the undertaker or an ambulance. If I fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade me to a suite for the rest of my life.

And no worries about visits from family. They will always be glad to find me, and probably check in for a few days mini-vacation.

The relatives and friends can use the pool.
What more could I ask for?

So, when I reach that golden age,
I'll face it with a grin.
Just forward all my email to:

=

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank neuroticman66
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My family of four stayed five nights. This hotel is one of the newest in the area. It was very clean and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Anything we asked for was taken care of right away. Having a computer, for public use in the lobby, was very convevient. We were able to check in, for our flight home, the day before and print out our boarding passes. The Suncoast Highway is only about a half mile away, a straight shot to the airport. Couldn't have been better. Any time in the future we visit our family, we will always stay here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Spent two nights. The front desk staff are very, very helpful. The breakfast is above most expectations for a hotel without a dining room. The rooms are clean and spacious. A good choice for when you are traveling in this area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Stayed one nite here while playing gof at the wonderful course of World Woods. Hotel is in a good location, close to Wal Mart, shopping, restaurants. Very comfortable beds. Good breakfast, try the cinnamon rolls and the shower head is well to die for-probably used way too much water but it felt so good.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2008

We visited Brooksville because my husbands uncle passed away and we and some other family members stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Brooksville for 2 nights.
It was obviously a sad occasion, but we all were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and especially the staff.

First, the whole hotel and especially the rooms and bathrooms were immaculately clean. The mattresses were very comfortable, I fell asleep in no time.

Second, the hotel staff was absolutely wonderful. Always courteous, helpful and accommodating. And I must admit our family can sometimes be quite a handful.
For example: one evening we (10 people) ordered in Pizza, they first supplied us with take-out menu's, let us use the breakfast area and when we realized we didn't have any plates, the girl behind the counter brought us some without us having to ask.

If we should go back to Brooksville, the Holiday Inn Express will be our first choice!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed there over Christmas, and absolutely loved the hotel. It was SO clean, the rooms were VERY nice. The bathroom was huge. The shower was the best ever. In fact I want one of those shower heads for my own home. Most importantly the hotel felt safe with more than adequate security cameras placed inside the hotel. The beds were really comfortable. Lots of pillows. Maid service was great. Room was really quiet. Loved the shampoos, conditioner, & lotions. Our luggage was lost and they gave us toothpaste, tooth brushes, combs, shave cream, etc. I will definitely stay there again if ever in Brooksville. Also the staff was very courteous and helpful. Loved my stay there. Definitely worth the price and then some.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Hampton Inn Spring Hill
#3 of 4 in Spring Hill
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West? Share your experiences!