“Very good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

It's a really good deal for prices. They have a 3 rolls for $10.99 deal. Super fast service as well. For a small town it was really good sushi at a great price.

There are newer reviews for Wasabi Sushi

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch special. Excellent service... The choices for the lunch special were wonderful! Three rolls for 10.99...Amazing sushi!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Reluctant to try due to it being in a strip mall and 45 min drive but we decided to check it out. The restaurant is really nice on the inside. The toilet in the restroom is duck taped to the floor, that was a little strange, but it was clean. We were the only table in there when we started so a little confused why it took 10 min from seating us for them to take our drink order. We finally received our drinks and we ordered our food. 12 Pieces of Tuna Sushi, 12 Pc Of Assorted Fish Sushi, 3 soups, 5 rolls and a salad. EXCELLENT! Nice large pieces, very fresh and cold beer. The service on the other hand was awful. Our server never really spoke to us, except to take our order, maybe she was a little shy. After she cleared our food and drinks away, it took 25 mins to get our bill... Anyway, when I was in the bathroom there was a server in there and she literally pushed me out of the way, while my hands were in the sink to wash hers and fix her hair in the mirror. Then as she was walking out the door, she hit me with it. I was mortified, not even a single excuse me or I am sorry. We will be back b/c the food was great, they need to work on the service.

3  Thank GTGT76
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This restaurant is hidden stuck in a shopping center. But for locals you know where it's at. Been there twice now for dinner. Always busy but service is good. Picked a few sushi items that I never had before and really liked them but some were so so. Their roll special with soup and salad is a great deal. Excellent presentation of the plates. Heard that if you go there for lunch you get the same amounts but lunchtime prices. Will try that next time since we live so close. Great that we do not have to go all the way to Tampa for goos sushi.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

They use flashy lights, plastic palm trees, boats, and ice and martini glasses to hide their poor quality sushi. It smells of fish as soon as you walk in. The first time we ate here I ordered a simple and not raw roll because I didn't trust it. It was OK but we didn't go back. We normally go to Tampa for real sushi/sashimi. We only had a sitter for a few hours and after so many friends had been raving about it we decided to give it another try. I was craving sushi all week, so we ordered a large Sushi and Sashimi for two entree. I was so disappointed when it came. The sashimi looked like it had been butchered. Not precise cuts like I'm used to. The Salmon was frozen and crystallized in the center. The yellowtail was chewy on the ends. The tuna was cut so thick and heavy that instead of melting in your mouth it felt heavy and I gagged. We stopped eating. We complained about the quality and freshness and we were told that we should have ordered something else. We told the waitress about the frozen Salmon and chewy yellowtail and she said it was fresh and walked away. We ate the Spicy Tuna rolls and a separately ordered a tempura type roll which were OK but nothing special. We asked her to take the Sushi boat away and she didn't. We asked for the bill, mind you with our huge boat of uneaten Sushi/Sashimi still sitting there and they charged us for everything. They didn't offer us anything, even to comp our $3 spring roll appetizer. I asked for the manager, name tag said "Jay" though he acted like he spoke little English. I told him we normally love sushi/sashimi but had the following complaints and our server ignored us. He told us that the Salmon was fresh, everyone loves it, and we just don't like Sushi and he wouldn't do anything for us. Our bill was large but we paid it and did not leave a tip. We left hungry and frustrated - and will not be going back. If you must come here, order something very simple and not raw.

It's hard to have a romantic evening with a TV screen over your head in every direction.

3  Thank Jeanna L